Rise of the Ottoman Empire Mod out!

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

UtilityThrone9
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Rise of the Ottoman Empire Mod out!

Post by UtilityThrone9 »

I have made the Rise of the Ottoman Empire, to check it out, go to http://utilitythrone9.weebly.com/mods.html

Contact me if you see any issues!
Last edited by UtilityThrone9 on Apr 10 2014, edited 3 times in total.
number47
General

Re: My Mods

Post by number47 »

...could have made installation instructions for the "newbies" :P

otherwise, nice work (noticed you "used" some other modders stuff too)
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
UtilityThrone9
Sergeant

Post by UtilityThrone9 »

ill make a modding guide for newbies soon, also when you say used other modders stuff can you explain a little more on what you mean and what mods?
number47
General

Post by number47 »

UtilityThrone9 wrote:ill make a modding guide for newbies soon, also when you say used other modders stuff can you explain a little more on what you mean and what mods?
Didn't mean anything bad by it...just that while I was poking around I think I saw some files from Fistalis's satellites mod...if I'm wrong, my apologies :wink:
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Think fistail's more picky with the copyright stuff of his mods :wink: , if you copied his stuff I recommend you ask him first if you haven't already :-)
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
UtilityThrone9
Sergeant

Post by UtilityThrone9 »

I just made a more updated global crisis/shattered world version for supreme ruler 1936, I did not change any of his files, I just added extra to make it more up to date with the new supreme ruler game. I will put a READ ME file in it soon about that stuff
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Its not a conversion.. its just my mod relabeled.. even the cache date is the same.. for shame presenting it as your work.
Just FYI old CW mods are completely comptible with 36 if you leave them in tact.. Only UI and mesh mods will cause any issue.

I do take issue with this.. If it was a derivative work that would be one thing.. but this isn't even that. Its blatantly putting my download up with out permission.. Zipped differently But no changes.

His "cold war conversion" Is just the default cold war from SRCW scenario zipped up. He did nothing to convert it.. Heck the Cache date is back in 2013.

So he's done 0 modding to any of these 3 scenarios but claims they are his mods. :roll:

So utility throne do you have any actual mods or are you just going to copy paste files and offer others peoples work for downloads?
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Don't be hard on him Fisty, he did point out he didn't change your files... :D
UtilityThrone9 wrote:I just made a more updated global crisis/shattered world version for supreme ruler 1936, I did not change any of his files, I just added extra to make it more up to date with the new supreme ruler game. I will put a READ ME file in it soon about that stuff
Let's not scare him away so quick :wink:

Oh, I almost forgot, UT9 welcome to the forums :D
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

number47 wrote:Don't be hard on him Fisty, he did point out he didn't change your files... :D
UtilityThrone9 wrote:I just made a more updated global crisis/shattered world version for supreme ruler 1936, I did not change any of his files, I just added extra to make it more up to date with the new supreme ruler game. I will put a READ ME file in it soon about that stuff
Let's not scare him away so quick :wink:

Oh, I almost forgot, UT9 welcome to the forums :D
Still, he did it without permission.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

I'm glad that now someone else will take care of the Cold War scenario for me and let me focus on other mods instead, like SR2033 :P
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
number47
General

Post by number47 »

SGTscuba wrote:Still, he did it without permission.
We don't want your opinion on this matter, what we do want from you are new meshes! :P :D
UtilityThrone9
Sergeant

Post by UtilityThrone9 »

Looks like I pissed everyone off (besides number47 thanks for the support) I will remove the cold war, global crisis, and shattered world mod soon from my website now... but I will soon post my Ottoman Empire mod (WHICH IS MADE BY ME!) that I will post later too as it says on my website. Sorry Fistalis for causing any of this trouble and I take full blame. :-(
Last edited by UtilityThrone9 on Apr 08 2014, edited 1 time in total.
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

You ever thought of taking up mesh modelling for the game? Its not too hard once you figure out the issues with your software :D
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
number47
General

Post by number47 »

UtilityThrone9 wrote:Looks like I pissed everyone off (besides number47 thanks for the support) I will remove the cold war, global crisis, and shattered world mod soon from my website now... but I will soon post my Ottoman Empire mod (WHICH IS MADE BY ME!) that I will post later too as it says on my website. Sorry Fistalis for causing any of this trouble and take full blame. :-(
Nah, you didn't piss anyone off except Fistalis. And we all like to see Fistalis pissed off as it usually makes him go into a "turbo modding/texturing monster" mode :D

And frankly, it was about time somebody else gave him a little push, since he became immune to my nagging :lol:
UtilityThrone9
Sergeant

Post by UtilityThrone9 »

lol ok well im going to get to work with my Ottoman Empire mod

Return to “Modding 1936”