Modern World Scenario v0.84a ( Supreme ruler cold war MOD )

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Fistalis
General
Human: Yes

Re: Modern World Scenario v0.84a ( Supreme ruler cold war M

Post by Fistalis »

Perica wrote:u are right about that, but still it is not fun to see countrys like norway nad qatar going bankrup, oh well it is what it is!

tell me one thing about oil resources, when i turn on the oil resource hotkey on my map it show skandinavia without any of them, even norways oil rigs were not on red hex.
Norways oil is primarily in the north sea.. those were removed from 2020 to CW. Norways Oilrigs are "cheats" They technically make oil from nothing. New ones you build wont do the same though. :wink:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
tommo8993
Captain

Post by tommo8993 »

This might of been mentioned already. For some reason the USSR is now called China...
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

tommo8993 wrote:This might of been mentioned already. For some reason the USSR is now called China...
Fistalis wrote:
golden.pole wrote:Im playing the cold war scenario of this mod. USSR is called China. So there are two China countries, one led by Stalin
It has to do with the way the game caches names. This only happens if you selected the modern world scenario prior to starting the cold war campaign without restarting the client.

So to prevent this in the future.. if you're going to play the cold war campaign, don't select the modern world scenario before starting it. Just go straight to cold war. If you do by accident simply restart the client then choose cold war. Once you've started a game with this issue its baked into your save so no way to resolve it in that particular save game.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Will your mod be portable to SR1936?
Please teach AI everything!
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Zuikaku wrote:Will your mod be portable to SR1936?
That remains to be seen.
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

Fistalis wrote:
Perica wrote:u are right about that, but still it is not fun to see countrys like norway nad qatar going bankrup, oh well it is what it is!

tell me one thing about oil resources, when i turn on the oil resource hotkey on my map it show skandinavia without any of them, even norways oil rigs were not on red hex.
Norways oil is primarily in the north sea.. those were removed from 2020 to CW. Norways Oilrigs are "cheats" They technically make oil from nothing. New ones you build wont do the same though. :wink:
Are you sure that works? From my experience, if you place a facility on a hex with no resource it will have 0 production. I remember trying to move one hydro plant complex 2 hexes away via orbat files but in game they would be giving 0 production since there was no hydro energy resource on that tile.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Uriens wrote:
Fistalis wrote:

Are you sure that works? From my experience, if you place a facility on a hex with no resource it will have 0 production. I remember trying to move one hydro plant complex 2 hexes away via orbat files but in game they would be giving 0 production since there was no hydro energy resource on that tile.
yes.. the ones that are preplaced on the map are special built specifically for that purpose and are a separate unit entirely from the ones you can build. Technically they "synth" oil from miniscule amounts of water. So miniscule that it could be considered nothing :wink:

They were only used in rare instances in which a nation SHOULD have some oil production but had no sea based oil hexes that I could move the old rigs into, norway and possibly one or 2 other nations. The majority of nations that had Ocean based rigs in 2020 also had some Coastal hexes with oil I could just move the rigs to. However norway did not.. so i had to develop a work around specifically for them.

in your example imagine you copied the hydro plant.. then made it synth power from 0.0001 units of water. then placed that one on the map rather than the defualt one. :P
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

It's an interesting workaround. :-)
SaudiSerb
Warrant Officer

Post by SaudiSerb »

Fistalis man Russia and USA don't have an satellites in inventory when i starts game ?!? ???
SaudiSerb
Warrant Officer

Post by SaudiSerb »

Fistalis wrote:
That remains to be seen.
It will be funny SR 1936 M1a2 will have an Tiger model in inventory !
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

SaudiSerb wrote:Fistalis man Russia and USA don't have an satellites in inventory when i starts game ?!? ???
nope since afaik there is no way to start them with any.
SaudiSerb wrote:
Fistalis wrote:
That remains to be seen.
It will be funny SR 1936 M1a2 will have an Tiger model in inventory !
The basics have been ported and an alpha version is available on my forums.
SE7EN
Sergeant

Post by SE7EN »

Hi, are you still working on the mod version for SR:CW? I wanted to give your mod a try so I started a new game as Iran. But I've came to the conclusion that the mutual defense treaty with Syria is always forcing me to get directly involved in the civil war. From the second the game starts, my entire army embarks into ships to go fight the FSA. My only choices are either to lock the units from minister control or to finish my alliance with Syria and I don't want to do either. I can help them defeat the FSA but then Syria declares war on Israel signing it's own destruction. I want to help Syria indirectly with resources and units but still keep it occupied with it's civil war so it doesn't declare war on Israel, at least for a couple of years.

Any way that in the next version of the mod you could take out the mutual defense agreement between Iran and Syria?
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

SE7EN wrote:Hi, are you still working on the mod version for SR:CW? I wanted to give your mod a try so I started a new game as Iran. But I've came to the conclusion that the mutual defense treaty with Syria is always forcing me to get directly involved in the civil war. From the second the game starts, my entire army embarks into ships to go fight the FSA. My only choices are either to lock the units from minister control or to finish my alliance with Syria and I don't want to do either. I can help them defeat the FSA but then Syria declares war on Israel signing it's own destruction. I want to help Syria indirectly with resources and units but still keep it occupied with it's civil war so it doesn't declare war on Israel, at least for a couple of years.

Any way that in the next version of the mod you could take out the mutual defense agreement between Iran and Syria?
yes just not as active as in the past.

But given that its been established that Iran does have units in syria and are syrias only real allies I'm not sure how else it could be set up.

Did you try reducing the battle zone priority for syria to none? (after ordering the intial wave back of course) Maybe raise your battlezone priority for your own provinces as well to keep the troops at home.
SE7EN
Sergeant

Post by SE7EN »

I'll give it a try and post the results. Now thinking of it, the mutual defense treaty is kind of required if both countries are controlled by the AI. I would have helped Syria even if I didn't have the defense agreement but the AI wouldn't lend a hand unless the treaty is present.
SE7EN
Sergeant

Post by SE7EN »

Unfortunately it didn't work. I've set priority to max in most of my battle zones and to none in Syria but the units still went there even after I called them back multiple times. I've noticed that Syria is able to defeat the FSA even on it own. Is it possible maybe to script an event so Iran and Syria get mutual defense after 2-4 months?

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”