SR1936 is....

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

PyongYang
Colonel
Human: Yes

SR1936 is....

Post by PyongYang »

....the best game I have ever played! Hard to believe it's at beta stage. Well done BG, I'm really looking forwards to the final release with all the niggles sorted out.

One odd thing I have seen, Romania sent me an offer of zero goods for 2000 a day! Needless to say I declined their kind offer. I have the save game if needed?

Also, it would be very handy and save a lot of time fiddling after battles if I could multiple-select lots of battle zones at once and set the status on one hit, rather than going to each individually.

Great effort, I said the same of SRCW : BEST GAME EVER!
number47
General

Re: SR1936 is....

Post by number47 »

PyongYang wrote:SR1936 is....
....the best game I have ever played! snip
"It will be, when they implement unit trade system"
-zuikaku 2012

:D
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
PyongYang
Colonel

Post by PyongYang »

Oh and I almost forgot the main thing for me.... SPEED! Much, much better. No unbearable slow downs! (possibly helped by raising my laptop off the table slightly so it runs cooler!)
mfisher12
Lt. Colonel

Post by mfisher12 »

SR36 is a major upgrade on the previous SR games. I've been enjoying it, even in its beta form.

However, I think claiming it's the "best game I've ever played" is a stretch, at least for me. It suggests that perhaps you should play other WW2 strategy games to see the difference :)

Don't get me wrong - I'm playing the heck out of this. But there are so many things lacking right now that I find myself reloading old HOI3 or WITP games to re-acquaint myself with well-done gameplay. (Finished games vs this beta, understood).

One major plus for BG: they're listening to us and talking about it (thanks, Chris). That gives me hope that, while SR36 may not exceed those other WW2 games, it could eventually become a major contender.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

number47 wrote:
PyongYang wrote:SR1936 is....
....the best game I have ever played! snip
"It will be, when they implement unit trade system"
-zuikaku 2012

:D
What did I say wrong? :D

Seriously, I still think that SR is best global-political simulator on the market. If they just refine diplomacy, espionage, domestic policies and introduce selective unit trading system it will be perfect. Maybe I just ask too much :roll:
Please teach AI everything!
KesslerK09
Warrant Officer

Post by KesslerK09 »

My favorite thing so far is they finally made the canal between turkey a colony. I always love playing as Bulgaria and taking over Moldova and Romania. But I hated taking over turkey, now I can just mod the canal as mine!!!

Return to “General Discussion - SR1936”