Bugged out economy issue?

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

mikeownage
Colonel

Bugged out economy issue?

Post by mikeownage »

I have no clue what happened... but all of a sudden I am losing way more money then should be possible and I am unable to produce electricity equal to the facilities I have.

I have included a savegame file.

http://www.mikeownage.com/mike/1936/china-bugged.SAV
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Re: Bugged out economy issue?

Post by Ruges »

I have come close to what you are seeing. You gota watch how quickly you expand your economy. After you order construction of a new facility, the entire cost of that facility is subtracted from you at the end of the day, (and if you don't have enough the first day, then the next day it tries to take it out again). So be carful when ordering new construction, you can destroy your entire economy very quickly. And once you get that far into debt, things start shutting down. That's why you cant produce enough electricity, you don't have the money to operate them. which shuts other things down. which lowers your income and shuts even more stuff down. which upsets your people, so they hate you, and pay less taxes, which causes even less income, which causes funding to drop even more.

Its just so super easy to fail in the economy, especially when you have it on super fast speed. You let 3 or 4 days pass when your running in the negative like that, that's a tough position to come back out of. Your probably better off loading before you ordered/captured those facilities and bring them on slower.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

I haven't looked at your savegame yet, but is you daily change consistent with what your income and expense reports are saying?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
mikeownage
Colonel

Post by mikeownage »

No, the debt issue didn't come from construction. the cost of all commodities exploded and for a few months i was making some serious money but then with about 570 coal power plants i was only producing about 10,000 power a day which started to destroy my economy. I had the coal required to fuel them dunno what happened then I went into massive debt.

I decided to update my cold war trainer for 1936 and attempted to rebuild my economy by giving myself a lot of money and a huge stock pile of electricity and coal but my coal power plants just will not produce any electricity even if I build new ones.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

At one point, the cost of IGs was something like $56M to produce, and about $12M per on the world market. It stabilized somewhat after I quit building so much (USA), but still was in the low millions per.

Return to “Issues and Support”