Modern World Scenario v0.84a ( Supreme ruler cold war MOD )

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

golden.pole
Captain
Human: Yes

Re: Modern World Scenario v0.84a ( Supreme ruler cold war M

Post by golden.pole »

thanks. yeah its working now. stalin back in command of ussr.
.....[]......
..IIII[]III...
.....[]......
.... []......REPENT and BELIEVE the GOSPEL.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Did you get a chance to look at that missing town pics I reported on your forum?
Sometimes I think you are more "up to date" here, on this forums, than on your own :D
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

number47 wrote:Did you get a chance to look at that missing town pics I reported on your forum?
Sometimes I think you are more "up to date" here, on this forums, than on your own :D
No not yet at work right now. Generally I only check my forums when I have access to the files which I don't on my mobile phone. Ill look into it either after work or next day off depens on how I feel after work. As a general rule I respond and do most of my mod work on my days off aka tues and wednesday
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

number47 wrote:Did you get a chance to look at that missing town pics I reported on your forum?
BG didn't include pics for ERA III european cities in the UGbits. They are assigned 824-830 which are blank in the UGbits. BG broke it not me :wink:

Latest download includes a hotfix for this issue. Will remove the fix when/IF BG hotfixes the problem themselves.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Fistalis wrote:
BG didn't include pics for ERA III european cities in the UGbits. They are assigned 824-830 which are blank in the UGbits. BG broke it not me :wink:

Latest download includes a hotfix for this issue. Will remove the fix when/IF BG hotfixes the problem themselves.
Have you informed Balth about it? He's been "prone to messing things up" lately (ruges mod). lol :-P
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

noted.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

number47 wrote:
Fistalis wrote:

Have you informed Balth about it? He's been "prone to messing things up" lately (ruges mod). lol :-P
Yes I needed info on which models were used for each region/era so I needed info from Balt to discover the issue in the first place. :wink:
I notified him prior to posting it here.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Why do some of the EU countries have land transit treaties and some dont? :P
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

number47 wrote:Why do some of the EU countries have land transit treaties and some dont? :P
Ionno.. you have any idea of the last time I even looked at that code in the mod? yes I should keep notes but I don't.. lol

Edit: Answer is i did it prior to Croatia officially joining. lol
Tnarg
Colonel

Post by Tnarg »

Hello, I am starting a new game patched up to your latest .85. I am not sure if this is an error or not but as the US the A-10A and OA-10C have a puzzled me a bit. The A-10A sells for around 800M while the OA-10C sells for somewhere around 100M. The stats are pretty similiar, looks like the older varient relies more on its inherent attack values whereas the newer OA-10C appears to benifit more from missiles, which kind of makes sense.

Anyways I'm not sure if maybe I loaded the game wrong and my cache got mixed up or maybe this is an error, or maybe this is a real fact of life. If it is the latter case does anyone have an explanation. Just wanted to confirm my findings before I dump my current US setup and restart by reloading from scratch.

Great mod by the way. Just finished reading Team Yankee and Red Stom Rising for the umpteenth time, now moving onto The Third World War August 1985 and Red Army and couldn't resist starting a new campaign.

Thanks.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Tnarg wrote:Hello, I am starting a new game patched up to your latest .85. I am not sure if this is an error or not but as the US the A-10A and OA-10C have a puzzled me a bit. The A-10A sells for around 800M while the OA-10C sells for somewhere around 100M. The stats are pretty similiar, looks like the older varient relies more on its inherent attack values whereas the newer OA-10C appears to benifit more from missiles, which kind of makes sense.

Anyways I'm not sure if maybe I loaded the game wrong and my cache got mixed up or maybe this is an error, or maybe this is a real fact of life. If it is the latter case does anyone have an explanation. Just wanted to confirm my findings before I dump my current US setup and restart by reloading from scratch.

Great mod by the way. Just finished reading Team Yankee and Red Stom Rising for the umpteenth time, now moving onto The Third World War August 1985 and Red Army and couldn't resist starting a new campaign.

Thanks.
Those 2 units are taken from the default files.. so accuracy as to costs etc I can't verify either way at this point. It's whatever BG put them at. It's certainly something I'll take a look at now that you pointed it out though.

If I had to make an uninformed guess I would say they based the costs of the units when they were brand new.. the A-10 being almost cutting edge when it was first produced.. the OAC being reliant on many older technologies by the time it was produced means it was produced far cheaper by that time. (IIRC the OA-10c is actually just a modernization of existing A-10s which would explain the price discrepency)
Perica
Corporal

Post by Perica »

Hi i noticed that montenegro do not have a port nor navy, they have city of bar which is a big port and they also have navy 2.

the big thing i noticed that rich countrys like norway and qatar go bankrupt, i try playing with norway and i dont know why i cant make any mony of oil? its norway! it looks like cost of runing industry is much greater than rewards even tho they depend on oil and electricity power both of which have good seling price
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Perica wrote:Hi i noticed that montenegro do not have a port nor navy, they have city of bar which is a big port and they also have navy 2.

the big thing i noticed that rich countrys like norway and qatar go bankrupt, i try playing with norway and i dont know why i cant make any mony of oil? its norway! it looks like cost of runing industry is much greater than rewards even tho they depend on oil and electricity power both of which have good seling price
Check your taxation.. you shouldn't for get that norway has one of the highest tax rates in the industrial world in order to pay for its social programs. Its income is less from oil and more from heavy taxation. :wink:

Also consider your social spending.

Thats not to say the economy is perfected or complete.. just other things to consider in the equation. There are certainly other things that need to be tweaked on the economic side but its a slow progress of small adjustments until we find the correct balance.
Perica
Corporal

Post by Perica »

u are right about that, but still it is not fun to see countrys like norway nad qatar going bankrup, oh well it is what it is!

tell me one thing about oil resources, when i turn on the oil resource hotkey on my map it show skandinavia without any of them, even norways oil rigs were not on red hex.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Fistalis wrote:
Perica wrote:Hi i noticed that montenegro do not have a port nor navy, they have city of bar which is a big port and they also have navy 2.

Check your taxation.. you shouldn't for get that norway has one of the highest tax rates in the industrial world in order to pay for its social programs. Its income is less from oil and more from heavy taxation. :wink:

Also consider your social spending.

Thats not to say the economy is perfected or complete.. just other things to consider in the equation. There are certainly other things that need to be tweaked on the economic side but its a slow progress of small adjustments until we find the correct balance.
Came to think of one aspect, even though Norway finances it's welfare state with mostly tax money, it is contantly putting a shunk of the oil profits asside into funds. Thus it has a fat bank account full of money, Qatar among others have followed suitbas well. Implementing this fact into your mod could prove a fix or atleast a temporary one. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereign_wealth_fund and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Govern ... _of_Norway

Simply give them their money ;)

Edit: Had a similar problem with UAE btw, discovered that it was because of a high oil derrick price, i halved the price and their economies improved :)
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”