Tooltips not showing

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

MikeKoder
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Tooltips not showing

Post by MikeKoder »

So all of a sudden my tooltips are no longer showing anymore. I can't see what the options are for the ministers, I can't see the recommended amount of money to spend on a social program, I can't see the troops in a hex, nothing. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled the game and I still have the issue. I deleted all the save games, I reset the options, and I verified game files on steam. Nothing. What is going on?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Tooltips not showing

Post by Balthagor »

No idea, we've had no reports of anything like this. Anyone else run into this problem?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Balthagor wrote:No idea, we've had no reports of anything like this. Anyone else run into this problem?
Balth, you're really "on a roll" lately, with steam version :lol:
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I don't think this has anything to do with the Steam version. He didn't say which version he had. And we've been updating 2020, not CW.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
MikeKoder
Sergeant

Post by MikeKoder »

Running 7.3.7. Problem seems to have started when I did the following: I downloaded and installed Fistalis' Satellite mod to add the 2020 satellites to CW. Then when a friend and I wanted to play a multiplayer game he couldn't connect to me so I thought it might be the mod and just had steam reverify the files to uninstall the mod. (BTW didn't solve the connection problem, but I was able to connect to him so no problem.) But when we started the game I noticed I had no tooltips then. After we got done I figured a simple restart of the game would fix it. No. That's when I did the uninstall/reinstall, etc. I posted above.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Find your savegame folder and go up one level. There should be a an Options.ini file. Mine is in \Documents\My Games\Supreme Ruler Cold War. Delete that file and restart the game. Let me know if that fixes it.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
MikeKoder
Sergeant

Post by MikeKoder »

I'm afraid it did not help. Interesting note thought: On the State Department tab the population menu will pop up when you hover over the people icon and I can get the approval ratings tooltip to pop up when I hover over the icons, but they flicker.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

seems he messed up the haps...
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
MikeKoder
Sergeant

Post by MikeKoder »

I took some initiative and deleted the HAPs folder and then reacquired it through Steam. No fix. Also tried using the hardware cursor and didn't help either.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

MikeKoder wrote:I took some initiative and deleted the HAPs folder and then reacquired it through Steam. No fix. Also tried using the hardware cursor and didn't help either.
If Reacquiring the HAPS folder didn't fix it then It's not mod related. (btw the Sats mod isn't compatible with 7.3.7 I haven't updated it in ages, also for future reference my mods won't effect multiplayer connections)

Did you try a full uninstall/reinstall through steam yet? Or deleting the options.ini as balt suggested?
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
barkhauer
Colonel

Post by barkhauer »

Don't just uninstall, completely delete the folders (Program Filesx86 AND the one in your user folder) and then reinstall. I think you have a lingering file which isn't being cleaned up by the uninstaller.

Return to “Issues & Support”