U.N. peacekeepers doing another excellent job :P

Off Topic Comments Area

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Re: U.N. peacekeepers doing another excellent job :P

Post by tkobo »

Word is the UN is getting ready to send peace keepers to mali......lets hope this isnt the usual run and hide type,who will lose what the french forces gained......
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
SoB
Brigadier Gen.

Post by SoB »

SA is plaining on pulling its 1250 peace keepers from the UN mission in DRC to have them join the SADC mission who's Roll is not peacekeeping but hunting down rebels mainaly M23. Seems like a good a idea to me. Last time SA solders met M23 they could not fire at them unless it was self deffense or to protected civlians. And M23 knew that so just stayed away from the UN.
You plastic soldiers i will turn you in to real soldiers

CPO Mzinyati
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

The South African National Defence Force would not share details of its preparation, but defence insiders said South Africa was planning to contribute no more than a company of soldiers (about 100) and those would be drawn from members of the army already in the DRC under the United Nations Organisation Stabilisation Mission (Monusco).

"Unless things change on the ground we're not planning to send a new team," the insider said.
South Africa, which is expected to take a lead role, is only slatted to contribute 100 soldiers according to South Africa’s Army chief; LG. Masondo.
And it gets even uglier when talk about the “cooperation, communication, and logistics” is looked at.....
Chuckle TM
SoB
Brigadier Gen.

Post by SoB »

tkobo wrote:
The South African National Defence Force would not share details of its preparation, but defence insiders said South Africa was planning to contribute no more than a company of soldiers (about 100) and those would be drawn from members of the army already in the DRC under the United Nations Organisation Stabilisation Mission (Monusco).

"Unless things change on the ground we're not planning to send a new team," the insider said.
South Africa, which is expected to take a lead role, is only slatted to contribute 100 soldiers according to South Africa’s Army chief; LG. Masondo.

And it gets even uglier when talk about the “cooperation, communication, and logistics” is looked at.....

From what I heard the troops all ready in goma and area(most of our forces) around there will lend assestaince with logistics gaurding supplys convoys extra. So 100 is miss leading. And 100 SF solders is a lot better than sedding in motorised infantry batllion. The terrian is not condusive to them.

CPO Mzinyati
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

As it stands now, only the new force being formed,the "intervention force" consisting of a proposed 4k soldiers,100 of which are soldiers from the sadc's deployment already in drc,will be allowed to engage at will.

And the new force is by no means a go, as even the U.N. which has a dismal record for supply,thinks its ability to work the supply for said new foce is highly questionable.Even now,the talk is the force number will be reduced to 2.5k

Keep in mind,the UN currently has almost 20k troops in the drc.If they were remotely serious,they already have the numbers to act....

The secretary general just gave a briefing on this yesterday.During which this choice quote can be pulled from the report.
the intervention brigade would be deployed within MONUSCO’s maximum authorised strength, which stands about 2,500 troops short at the moment.
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Word is this is going ahead,and that south africa will have air power on call to back up this ground force.An artillary brigade has now also been added to the planned force.The attack that killed the 13 soldiers,might just have made them take this deployment more seriously....
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Here it comes, M23 has announced it will now specifically target peacekeepers and that it is going to retake goma.....UN forces have already engaged in a few small fights with m23 and other groups,and their push to disarm all non-approved groups by force ensures theres more coming.

The intervention brigade currently consists of 3,069 troops, is led by a Tanzanian general, and is organized into 3 infantry battalions,1 artillery unit,1 Special Forces unit and a reconnaissance company.Word is they have unarmed recon drones,but i havent seen confirmation on that yet.They also can "call on" S.A. air for support.

Looks to me,like they definitely have the tools...As usual,its the UNs fight to lose.
Chuckle TM
SoB
Brigadier Gen.

Post by SoB »

It has started. UN forces have killed rebels. Tanzian arty and South african mortas shelled rebels postions. Desroying at least one rebel T55. Urkrain Mi24Ps conducted strikes on rebel locastion. The rooivalks are still in SA should be in the area around october. South african sniper (who act has FAC/arty spotters) killed 6 rebbel comanders with one shot around 2160m. Making it number 6.

CPO Mzinyati
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Chuckle TM
SoB
Brigadier Gen.

Post by SoB »

http://m.news24.com/news24/SouthAfrica/ ... C-20130901

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?o ... Itemid=108

A sa sniper has reportedly gotten a 2125m kill making him number 6, was done with a NTW 20 firing a 14.5mm round :D :D :D :D :D

CPO Mzinyati
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

...remember Haiti ?
Now more than 600,000 infected...
Now more than 300,000 hospitalized...
Now more than 8,000 killed...

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help" ...indeed......
Chuckle TM
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

tkobo wrote:...remember Haiti ?
Now more than 600,000 infected...
Now more than 300,000 hospitalized...
Now more than 8,000 killed...

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help" ...indeed......
UN is having a lawsuit put against it by various people on Haiti. UN's response was that they had 'diplomatic immunity' and therefore they were certain they would have to pay out the several Billion.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

...be interesting to see if the US courts let them get away with dodging responsibility by use of that "clause",it would seem the UN is a bit scared the US (and other nations) might not.
Chuckle TM
SoB
Brigadier Gen.

Post by SoB »

If the UN has to pay a fine obama would sponsar them the cash.

CPO Mzinyati
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

"The UN said that it would launch an investigation after reported allegations that UN personnel have abused children in southern Sudan. Members of the peacekeeping forces in southern Sudan are facing allegations of raping and abusing children as young as 12, more than 20 victims reported so far"

But dont worry,the UN Committee on the "Rights of the Child" just laid into the vatican for the decades of egregious child abuse committed by priests of the Catholic Church....No word from them on the decades of egregious child abuse committed by the U.N. though....
Chuckle TM

Return to “Off Topic Comments”