Renaming Nations

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

bschneiderr
Corporal
Human: Yes

Renaming Nations

Post by bschneiderr »

Hello,
I've already figured out (using Google and a little fiddling) how to change my avatar and a nation's flag. But although I have already changed the nation's name in various files and it appears correctly (as in, appears just like I changed it) in the Nation Selection screen upon starting a new Sandbox game. The issue I have is, once I start up the game, the nation's name is reset to default. I've looked through virtually every file I could find, changed the country's name, but nothing seems to work. To be clear: I looked into the .CVP file, CTRL+F to find the country I was looking for and edited the name I then found. Then to be sure (although I play in Sandbox so it shouldn't use Scenario files if I understood that right) I went into Localize\LOCALEN\Scenario and edited the "LocalText-Regions.csv" as well, just to be sure. My problem persists. Is there an easier way/a way at all to do it? Directions would be extremely helpful, I'm usually not into modding or anything, but this time I felt like it. I appreciate the help.
KesslerK09
Warrant Officer

Re: Renaming Nations

Post by KesslerK09 »

Have you tried rebuilding your cache?

Step 1: Locate your Cache Folder
Step 2: Delete Cold War.SAV
Step 3: Try to start a game. It will looks like it froze or something, this is normal. Depending on how good your computer is this process can take 10-60 minutes. Eventually your game will crash.
Step 4: Locate your saved games folder. You will see a new save called something like Save_Cold War.SAV
Step 5: Move the save to your Cache Folder
Step 6: Rename file to just Cold War.SAV
Step 7: Profit!!!
number47
General

Post by number47 »

KesslerK09 wrote:Step 3: Try to start a game. It will looks like it froze or something, this is normal. Depending on how good your computer is this process can take 10-60 minutes. Eventually your game will crash.
Eventually, after cache "baking" is done, the game will return you to opening menu screen.

Saying it will crash may result in him expecting something that will not happen (if he never done cache baking before) :wink:
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
bschneiderr
Corporal

Post by bschneiderr »

Never tried that before, so that certainly gives me hope! I will use that technique today or maybe tomorrow (just came home from work) and report the results later. Thanks already for trying to help, you two, I really appreciate it :)

EDIT: IT WORKED. Based. Thank you so much guys!
Niko465
Colonel

Post by Niko465 »

In which file I got to change the North Korea's name to just Korea to have it as Korea in game?
Nicolau Abraão Rojas
Brazillian United Front
South East State
Niko465
Colonel

Post by Niko465 »

Hello? HUH
Nicolau Abraão Rojas
Brazillian United Front
South East State