American dollar will collapse?

Off Topic Comments Area

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

The Khan
General

American dollar will collapse?

Post by The Khan »

http://www.stansberryresearch.com/pro/1 ... PSILC24/PR

I hope there are people that can refute this. Because none of us needed to sleep anyway.
I cant play SR2020 well but I still love 2010. Chris will hate me for exploiting his game to death.
Date of Order: 2007-11-15 20:03
Product information:
Supreme Ruler 2010 (1 x 19.99 USD)
3 years baby
fool
General

Re: American dollar will collapse?

Post by fool »

I'd be taking it more seriously if it weren't essentially a giant advert.
"All warfare is based on deception...
Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him."

Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Eldin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Eldin »

It's very unlikely. Too many nations have invested in the dollar to allow it to collapse.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Scary if true, would crash the hole western world. But I got the feeling of it beeing a hoax. The pictures he used seemed faked.
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

Hullu Hevonen wrote:Scary if true, would crash the hole western world. But I got the feeling of it beeing a hoax. The pictures he used seemed faked.
I seriously hope so. But ads need a nucleus of truth, and this may be true.
I cant play SR2020 well but I still love 2010. Chris will hate me for exploiting his game to death.
Date of Order: 2007-11-15 20:03
Product information:
Supreme Ruler 2010 (1 x 19.99 USD)
3 years baby
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

It is fully true that the dollar is the world currency and that it would be seriously bad if it "fell". Though I don't think the situation is that serious. I think that this will happine if USA does not shape up, but that would be years away.
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Rhyus
Colonel
Human: Yes

Post by Rhyus »

its fake i have seen this kind of thing before about different stuff and its the same guy and exactly the same way of presenting
dust off
General

Post by dust off »

It is scare tactics, yes. But it's not all BS.
US and many Western nations have got our economies dangerously out of balance. So much so some fear would be a rational response.

The major problem is the deficits, which stem from systemic deficits throughout our societies. Some of that, it seems to me, is contributed to by some core issues with our societies too. Huge issues to sort out that so far our political system has helped cause. Unfortunately the democratic system still leans towards continuing the problem.

Another main factor is the China problem. They can be considered to be at war with the US and West, or at the very kindest just not playing by the rules. Supressing people for cheap labour, subisidising sectors to kill the competition, and disregarding copywrite; not to mention the old fashioned espionage.

That said, the US and West continue to have core strengths that can help us out of the mess, but we'll need some luck and unfortunatley there are growing risks of real pain along the way.

The bottom line- is the guy is right. If you have any significant savings it would be advisable to look at protecting them. I just would endorse paying huge money for consultations or services because the information is out there for free.
mageworld
Sergeant

Post by mageworld »

no i don't think so, it won't collapse
Sawedoff
Captain

Post by Sawedoff »

That is just a ad page. Ignore it.

But the dollar, economy, and government will collapse if we don't get our crap together before our debtors come to collect.
Typhoon_SSN
Corporal

Post by Typhoon_SSN »

On one hand, I don't see an USD crash happening; the main thing backing the dollar isn't gold or anything, it's US geopolitical and military power. It's literally not held up by anything else, there's not enough gold in all of the world's Central banks to back so much value. As long as the USA remain a relevant superpower, the USD will remain the world's main currency.
But on the other hand, at work, I run into more and more articles like this one which list "insulated from a price crash" as one of the main reasons to buy real estate in this or this country (here, Germany). Seeing this written by large, well established companies somehow isn't the most reassuring thing ever :lol:
haiswell
Sergeant

Post by haiswell »

Typhoon_SSN wrote: Nov 17 2018 On one hand, I don't see an USD crash happening; the main thing backing the dollar isn't gold or anything, it's US geopolitical and military power. It's literally not held up by anything else, there's not enough gold in all of the world's Central banks to back so much value. As long as the USA remain a relevant superpower, the USD will remain the world's main currency.
But on the other hand, at work, I run into more and more articles like this one which list "insulated from a price crash" as one of the main reasons to buy real estate in this or this country (here, Germany). Seeing this written by large, well established companies somehow isn't the most reassuring thing ever :lol:
"Banking rates will soon rise:"

And the rates still falling
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

If it is then NOW it is much more likely than when this was posted..
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace

Return to “Off Topic Comments”