Blue always wins

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

number47
General
Human: Yes

Re: Blue always wins

Post by number47 »

PyongYang wrote:
number47 wrote:
Madman wrote:Really, Does the USSR always collapse in 1991 ?
No, it never collapses...
Playing as Israel, in 1986, I've just defeated the USSR. What's more, it was easier than Argentina and South Africa. They hardly put up a fight, even though they had lots of cash. You'd think they'd have tossed a nuke at me in reality....
I believe he was asking if the break-up was scripted to happen. :wink:
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

PyongYang wrote:
number47 wrote:
Madman wrote:Really, Does the USSR always collapse in 1991 ?
No, it never collapses...
Playing as Israel, in 1986, I've just defeated the USSR. What's more, it was easier than Argentina and South Africa. They hardly put up a fight, even though they had lots of cash. You'd think they'd have tossed a nuke at me in reality....

Yeah, it is set up only to nuke the USA. The level of fight happens when the AI attempts to Zerg rush you (or another country) and loses everything. Open country other than garrisons at that point.
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

playeragenda {0:Opportunistic, 1:Vengeance, 2:Conquest, 3:Intimidation, 4:Profit, 5:Status Quo, 6:Submission, 7:Reunification, 8:Enlightenment}

Can anyone explain what every agenda really means?
Niko465
Colonel

Post by Niko465 »

Not only in matter of sphere, some of the Americans units are also completely overcheated.
I played some campaign games in 1 vs 1 and I noticed that peacemaker bomber is completely disbalanced. It is a 1949 units design and is as strong as a Blackjack(21th century) and got a intercontinental range.
Last edited by Niko465 on Feb 11 2013, edited 1 time in total.
Nicolau Abraão Rojas
Brazillian United Front
South East State
forumname
Major

Post by forumname »

Played many games as China, and dominated the world.

Always stayed red, even after conquering Russia...but with that said, in almost every game there comes a point when just about every country is blue, light blue, or white....

You just have to power through it, and pay attention to coups....the second a country overthrows its government, attempt to formally ally them.

Adding a few allies, plus continuing military victories will eventually sway nations to start coming around to your sphere...

Lastly, just ignore your UN rating..even with the best intentions of attempting to be a "good world citizen", you will eventually see a very low or zero rating for doing things like defending your allies that you have mutual defense treaties with...

I used to pick a group of nations, invade them all at once, then one by one "liberate", after which they will sign any treaty you want,(which improved the UN rating) but then later (eventually) you will just have to conquer them again. I don't even bother with it anymore.
Col_Travis
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Col_Travis »

I'm always seeing the entire Warsaw Pact and Castros Cuba allied to the US!
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Col_Travis wrote:I'm always seeing the entire Warsaw Pact and Castros Cuba allied to the US!
You mean alligned? If yes, than that is what most of us is seeing too...
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

In one of my testings of SW scenario I had made Australia blue leader and Madagascar red leader. Everyone else was neutral. For the first 5-6 years it was running ok, but after 6 years suddenly the whole world (and I mean everyone) become aligned to blue sphere and even Madagascar lost its strong red sphere status and turned into leaning red sphere. Yes, you actually had a sphere leader that started leaning to opposite sphere.

For the next game I reversed the spheres. Australia was red leader while Madagascar was blue leader. Everyone else neutral as in the previous game. This game didn't last longer then 2-3 years but by that time noone else leaned to red sphere while few nations did show blue leaning.

It seems that there is some global variable that constantly pushes nations to blue sphere and over time they do get there on their own. It may be slowed down by using weak regions as sphere leaders but it seems to happen anyway, sooner or later.
Col_Travis
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Col_Travis »

number47 wrote:
Col_Travis wrote:I'm always seeing the entire Warsaw Pact and Castros Cuba allied to the US!
You mean alligned? If yes, than that is what most of us is seeing too...
No, I mean allied. They first go alligned then ally with the US.
GreenGoblin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by GreenGoblin »

Any chance of this getting fixed?

I'm a newbie so not a great example, but there must be something wrong with the system if Warsaw pact countries leave the red sphere around 1952-3. The 'war' between the spheres is kind of the main focus of the game, so I think it needs to be working.
GreenGoblin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by GreenGoblin »

I take it back. I've had another go and this time half the world seems to be joining my (soviet) sphere. This time I have been bribing many countries, but even countries which I have not bribed seem to be going red. I suspect they simply want to be bribed as well...
Anthropoid
Colonel

Post by Anthropoid »

So was this ever "fixed?"
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

IIRC it was never proven. Blue wins "more" but not "always" is my recollection.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Balthagor wrote:IIRC it was never proven. Blue wins "more" but not "always" is my recollection.
The issue was "blue wins by default" not always or sometimes. if a player was US and just let the game run, blue would win. If the player was USSR and just let the game run, blue would win again...not saying it isn't working as designed just that it made the game unbalanced for the player. :P
Anthropoid
Colonel

Post by Anthropoid »

So basically, there is no point as playing it as anything except the Soviet Union (or at least a starting red sphere member) unless you do not really want to play a game.

"Game" means there is a risk of failure. If you can start a match as U.S., let it run and blue sphere automatically just expands, to the eventual point that USSR is the only one left in Red sphere that means there is no real risk of failing if you play as U.S.?

If that is how it runs, and that is considered working as designed, then I have to say that--at least at the outset of thinking about it--I have a somewhat different read on history. I'm not the least bit pro-Communist and regard the Soviet Union as one of the worst institutions ever in human history. But I do not think it was inevitable that they be shunned for eventual recognition of the undesirability of their policies and diplomacy, which it seems is the underlying mechanic for the default blue sphere 'wins' right?

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”