Modding Q/A thread

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

Aragos
General

Re: Modding Q/A thread

Post by Aragos »

if you use MS Excel, I think buildcap is under column DK.
MertcanKs
Lt. Colonel
Human: Yes

Post by MertcanKs »

Why can not change the government?It is very hard to encode?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

You can mod the government type, it's in the .CVP file;

http://www.supremewiki.com/node/50
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
number47
General

Post by number47 »

If I want to create Georgia with unified loyalty (or merge Georgia with USSR with all hexes USSR loyalty) how do I do that? I tried various combinations but none of them worked so far |O (I know I didn't try them all), I always end up with patches of South Ossetia and Abkazia loyalties :roll:

Do I need to erase them (South Ossetia and Abkazia) from .regionincl or do I have to fix something in .CVP?

I usually remove parent region of USSR colony and add thats colony's IDnumber to USSR grouping to merge them and the loyalties in game become all russian. But for Georgia (probably because I'm trying to group a group and I'm missing a step) I can't get it to be all russian loyalty. :-?

Georgia ID 799 has a grouping of 703(Georgia)+809(South Ossetia)+810(Abkazia)
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

number47 wrote:If I want to create Georgia with unified loyalty (or merge Georgia with USSR with all hexes USSR loyalty) how do I do that? I tried various combinations but none of them worked so far |O (I know I didn't try them all), I always end up with patches of South Ossetia and Abkazia loyalties :roll:

Do I need to erase them (South Ossetia and Abkazia) from .regionincl or do I have to fix something in .CVP?

I usually remove parent region of USSR colony and add thats colony's IDnumber to USSR grouping to merge them and the loyalties in game become all russian. But for Georgia (probably because I'm trying to group a group and I'm missing a step) I can't get it to be all russian loyalty. :-?

Georgia ID 799 has a grouping of 703(Georgia)+809(South Ossetia)+810(Abkazia)

CVP

3 words.
Keep Region False. :wink:

(this setting determines if you keep the loyalty or not IIRC If it doesn't work let me know my memory is iffy sometimes)
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Thanks, I'll check when I get home. One more thing, what is the easiest way to change gdp/c for countries like US or USSR (huge groups)? Please don't say "you have to change every member of the group, the same way you change population of those countries" :lol:
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Question for 47 or Fistalis, if you guys know the answer--

In my alterate WWII Mod, I want to raise the volitility much higher than it currently is (like Fisty's "Excluded") mode.

How/where? In the Scenario file?
number47
General

Post by number47 »

I believe there Fistalis explained somewhere the process. I can't remember was it here on BGForums or his own but IIRC it went something like "start the game on very high; save the game; use that save instead of cache; start the game again on very high; at this point the game should already be past the original high tensions but you can go as high as you want, just repeat the process".

If this doesn't make any sense, thats because I just finishing my work and getting ready to go home for the weekend :lol: :lol:
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

ok, that makes sense. I was hoping it was a bit easier--modding a line in the scenario file, for example. But that would work too.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Actually, I found the original post here this is the part I was referring to:
Fistalis wrote:
domcoppinger wrote:That works to up the volatility? You just keep starting a game on High Volatility then replace the cache with that save and repeat?!?
Pretty much yup. Release versions of the Modern world Are Staged on No volatility, the current test version was staged on Normal. Staging pretty much involves me running the game a few days to let events kick off then saving it to provide the cache for the release version. Sometimes changing nations to select AI priorities due to broken events. Then putting in events to replace the "player" leader with real world leaders. :wink:

Each time you save on higher than no volatilty it increases the potential for war since anything above none bumps the scripted relations.
But he also mentiones other ways of doing it...you'll have to wait for his response :wink:
Last edited by number47 on Jan 25 2013, edited 1 time in total.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

thanks. I'm beginning to think you can mod the scenario file for relations (which start at 0-4) to higher numbers. I'll play around with it a bit.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Aragos wrote:ok, that makes sense. I was hoping it was a bit easier--modding a line in the scenario file, for example. But that would work too.
you can up the relations effect in the scenario file to a crazy number which will make the default volatility higher than high.. for instance GC has a relations effect of 53.. lol

where as SC only runs at a 10.. IIRC very high is a 5.

Don't really need them anymore but I left them cause its fun for all hell to break loose.
Even on very high you get a decent amount of declares etc in them since Update 3.

I assume you have already used teh SR2020 Spheres to set some Positive negative relations? You could always just bump those up instead. I just did it the the other way because prior to update 3 it was the only way to get ANY war declarations without spheres.

You can also fine tune relations more in the .csv
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

yep, increasing the vol in the scenario file did it:

I set it to 99. You know, just to see (and am keeping it in the alt WWII campaign...just way too fun!) :D

By the middle of Nov 1949, China had DoW'd S. Vietnam, Japan, Thailand, Hong Kong.

USSR had DoW'd Greece, Turkey, Sweden and Finland; then Gibraltar (which led UK to DoW) and Spain.

UK had DoW'd USSR and Hungary.

It was awesome.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

General comments on higher Vol settings in the scenario file:

--you can change it to any number...but...

--you need to do the play for a bit, save and then replace the cache with the savefile. It basically "writes" in the volitlity.

Fistalis: I have noticed when you do this the AI aggression settings actually start working. I set USSR and China to high aggression, put 99 in the volitlity, played/save/cache, and bam, Commie world conquest begins. I verified this with a neutral (but Dictatorship/Aggressive/Conquest) Italy, and the Italians went on a conquering spree in the Balkans.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Aragos wrote:General comments on higher Vol settings in the scenario file:

--you can change it to any number...but...

--you need to do the play for a bit, save and then replace the cache with the savefile. It basically "writes" in the volitlity.

Fistalis: I have noticed when you do this the AI aggression settings actually start working. I set USSR and China to high aggression, put 99 in the volitlity, played/save/cache, and bam, Commie world conquest begins. I verified this with a neutral (but Dictatorship/Aggressive/Conquest) Italy, and the Italians went on a conquering spree in the Balkans.
You dont have to save etc.. just dont change the volatility from default.. of course you can if you would like but its not neccessary

Return to “Modding SRCW”