Unit Questions...

Talk and Learn about the military aspects of the game.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Unit Questions...

Post by CptBritish »

1.Do the units of Western Europe include Britain as well?

2.Why don't the British get Marines too (We do have some of the best if not the Best in the world)

3.(This is Relevant if the first question is a no) Why don't we get the FV603 Saracen it is British made after all.

This is all just nitpicking (sorry :oops: ) and i no the Military Equipment Referance on ur website is unfinshed but thought i'd tell ya in case ya didn't no :)
Supporting Nuclear Power in the UK.

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

I think I can explain this;

UK map players are allowed to research any units from the West European or British selections. Any player can try and get designs from the WM which can sell designs from any region set. I had thought we would be giving the UK some Special Forces units, not Marines...? Remember what these forces are used to represent in our game model. If your Marines function more on the lines of US Special Forces, then we should make them Special Forces. I think I had notes to give them "Green Beret" units as well...

Also, some units like the FV603 are made available to a wider selection of regions to research. Units like M113s are older and have been seen in so many places of the world, it's likely that many developed regions could easily develop units like these so we just cheated and used existing units. Saves us having to come up with even more fictional units than we already do.

Scenario editors are also not restricted to the region codes. There are many maps where players begin with designs they would never be able to research. India build Russian stuff, Pakistan build Chinese, S. Korea builds US... we've made all these things work. You can even trade with other players so in the Europe map, the UK could end up building Leclercs and German could wind up building Challengers.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Slash78
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Slash78 »

I don't think all Royal Marines are Royal Marine Commandos. Do you have the SAS?

I think generic "Special Forces" or "Airborne Elite" should be for countries without famous/well established units of there own. If only as 'flavor' units, I think it would be reason enough. Why else should the US Player have "Rangers" and "Green Berets" availible?

I also think there should be a "US Marines" unit, "Royal Marines" unit, a more generic "Marines" for countries that already have them and "Naval Infantry" for countries/regions that lack them.
CptBritish
Brigadier Gen.

Post by CptBritish »

No not all are commandos some are engineers and others things I think (Not too clear about marines just no we have them :D ). Yea we do have SAS but that would come under Special Forces.

Btw Balthagor our marines wear Green Berets so u could just put them in as that 8)
Supporting Nuclear Power in the UK.

Just because the Japanese happened to build one near multiple fault lines doesn't make them any more dangerous than they were before the Earthquake.
Penta
Lieutenant

Post by Penta »

Does dividing units work? It doesn't appear to...
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

not implemented
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

Balthagor wrote:not implemented
How will it work?!
Will there be 2 half damaged units sitting there afterwards?
We could just move them into reserve to repair and then I got 2 new units for the price of one!
Or will the maximum str of the two unts will become 35 from 70?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

yes, the maximum strength will change. You can already adjust the strength of a battalion from 50% to 150% of the default battalion size when building the units. It will work the same way. Units that are below a certain level cannot be split however. I don't remember the precise rule for it.

Units will also be able ot be combined with an advanced or right click order.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Slash78
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Slash78 »

will there be a 'merge' command?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Balthagor wrote:Units will also be able to be combined with an advanced or right click order.
I think that's a merge... :P
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Slash78
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Slash78 »

ok, so I missed that part. :oops:
aeroelite111
Corporal

Post by aeroelite111 »

not sure if its already mentioned, but i saw the words 'commonwealth' in the list of units that can be researched. ive seen on other parts of the forum that Australia is included,but does it include the UK aswell? afterall, we made the commonwealth!
Cheers
'I have a dream'
Slash78
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Slash78 »

Britian has it's own category. You must also remember 'Commonwealth' in British English means "Empire we still want, but no longer want to pay for". :wink:
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Units can be flagged for multiple region codes. Things like the LAV Kodiak or the Adelaide Frigate are Commonwealth only because they are not built in the UK. I suppose we could allow British regions to research Commonwealth stuff, but they already get all the British and West European stuff so it would probably be overkill.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
aeroelite111
Corporal

Post by aeroelite111 »

thnx for the info guys. i like Slash78's definition for the british empire :lol:, never herd it like that b4, quite accurate acctually and funny ! :lol:
Cheers
'I have a dream'

Return to “Military - Defense and Operations Departments”