Update 3 Beta 3

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

PyongYang
Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: Update 3 Beta 3

Post by PyongYang »

Balthagor wrote:I'm working on the changelog and testing the installer...
This could be good news for the local kitten population....
MertcanKs
Lt. Colonel

Post by MertcanKs »

[_]B [_]B [_]B [_]B
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

PyongYang wrote:
This could be good news for the local kitten population....
We just don't care for kittens any more....
Please teach AI everything!
PyongYang
Colonel

Post by PyongYang »

Me neither. I might speed up the microwaving process to, say, one per hour?
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Wow, wait the minute...are we talking about official Update 3 or another beta?
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

The official update thread has been started but is locked for now. We should have the link available later today/early tomorrow. Then this will be locked and that thread will get unlocked.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Balthagor wrote:The official update thread has been started but is locked for now. We should have the link available later today/early tomorrow. Then this will be locked and that thread will get unlocked.
In the changelog it stands that there are equipment file changes. Does that means that some parts of database has been reworked and some weapon stats rebalenced?
Please teach AI everything!
goulash
Lieutenant

Post by goulash »

goulash wrote:1. Spies! Although noted that this can stop working if Rules of engagement and minister controls are played with I had a game where they stopped working even though I never entered that screen. Trying to reproduce and locate what may have caused this. I originally thought this may have been because I was playing a sandbox with complete rules game.

Can others keep a close eye on spies can see if they get same so the devs can get to the bottom of as many potential problems before final update 3 is released e.g. no longer working even though you never tinkered with global rules and minister control locks or cannot allocate them all on missions. Nice to see ai using them though. Is there a limit on how many missions can be undertaken at once as I tried to spend all 50 spies from uk at start of game by dotting them all over but stock wont go below 23 spies as though I can only have so many active spies at once.

3. A really annoying feature is when I have the land and unit view pinned and then try to scan though my reserves e.g. it does not let me flip from ground, air and naval. Maybee I just need to get used to unpinning, coming out of location and then manually highlighting the base again and then checking reserves?

Note all the above come from playing UK
Did the above 2 issues get resolved?

Scap that last question as I believe you state you have fixed the spy issue and hopefully remembered to fix the other one.
notus
Lieutenant

Post by notus »

Great i cant wait for update 3
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

@goulash - mostly, I think if you "lock from AI" they still won't respond. The lock should be used for specific cases though, not your whole army. If you want to stop all your units everywhere form moving, turn off initiative instead.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
goulash
Lieutenant

Post by goulash »

Balthagor wrote:@goulash - mostly, I think if you "lock from AI" they still won't respond. The lock should be used for specific cases though, not your whole army. If you want to stop all your units everywhere form moving, turn off initiative instead.
Ok thanks. Cant wait to try it out and hopefully someone will announce the expansion in next month or two :D
PyongYang
Colonel

Post by PyongYang »

PyongYang
Colonel

Post by PyongYang »

I'll be closing the door and setting it to a 20 minute defrost at sunrise....
bvb
Colonel

Post by bvb »

Balthagor wrote:@goulash - mostly, I think if you "lock from AI" they still won't respond. The lock should be used for specific cases though, not your whole army. If you want to stop all your units everywhere form moving, turn off initiative instead.
Maybe I'm the oddball, I work exactly the opposite, I unlock in special cases. Usually select air/sea transport units used for ferrying ground units around from production to barracks. Everything else, I'd rather send the minister to Antarctica to study snowflake patterns or out to the pasture to catch butterflies than have control over my units. I am convinced he's an enemy agent. :D

Thanks for keeping us posted on the update!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

With imitative turned off you can increase the initiative of individual units and they will still respond. You can also lock selectively instead of locking everything.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”