Update 3 Beta 3

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

PyongYang
Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: Update 3 Beta 3

Post by PyongYang »

MertcanKs wrote:I hope that as a Christmas present will update 3 :D :D
MertcanKs
Lt. Colonel

Post by MertcanKs »

Zuikaku wrote:
MertcanKs wrote:I hope that as a Christmas present will update 3 :D :D
Unfortunatelly, update 3 will not solve most of the problems |O
Yea I know maybe a hope!
(I hope the problem will be resolved within endless wars)
Elad25
Private

Post by Elad25 »

Balthagor wrote:It's in final testing, just unsure how long that will take. We're almost there...
O boy O boy O boy... Im reinstalling it from STEAM as we speak just in anticipation :-)
goulash
Lieutenant

Post by goulash »

Elad25 wrote:
Balthagor wrote:It's in final testing, just unsure how long that will take. We're almost there...
O boy O boy O boy... Im reinstalling it from STEAM as we speak just in anticipation :-)
Look the Puppy is already dead and BG wont be releasing this anytime soon so don't get too excited. Expect at least 3 last minute delays and some problems from Steam end then a 3 month wait for some major needed hotfix.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

The above poster has no idea what he's talking about.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Druthlen
Private

Post by Druthlen »

LOL. In all seriousness though the puppy was killed. Now for the kitten!!

No puppy was actually harmed.
PyongYang
Colonel

Post by PyongYang »

I'm sorry to report I did in fact drown the puppy.
Pantufas
Corporal

Post by Pantufas »

Wayting almost 6 months for this update... i dont have much hope for it to come out soon...
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

sure, because the fact that I've said "it's almost ready" can't possibly be true...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
PyongYang
Colonel

Post by PyongYang »

Mr Latour, just wondering, if I start a game now with the last beta, will the savegame be compatible with the impending update?
adige
Warrant Officer

Post by adige »

Balthagor wrote:sure, because the fact that I've said "it's almost ready" can't possibly be true...
Well to be fair, you are using this "it's almost ready" sentence to very long time period. It could be weeks, days some time months.
PyongYang
Colonel

Post by PyongYang »

If people don't stop WHINING, I'm going to put TEN KITTENS in the microwave.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

PyongYang wrote:If people don't stop WHINING, I'm going to put TEN KITTENS in the microwave.
Make sure you leave the youtube link... :D
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

adige wrote:
Balthagor wrote:sure, because the fact that I've said "it's almost ready" can't possibly be true...
Well to be fair, you are using this "it's almost ready" sentence to very long time period. It could be weeks, days some time months.
um, no I haven't. I think I started saying "almost ready for final release" about a week ago. Before that I was saying "working on it, no exact date". I'm very cautious about giving timelines or exact details. Most forum users say I'm too cautious and don't give enough info. That should mean if <I> say almost ready, that it should carry some weight (other than with the eternal pessimists).
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
goulash
Lieutenant

Post by goulash »

Balthagor wrote:The above poster has no idea what he's talking about.
Bit, hook line and sinker.

To be honest I will try it out for about a week or so as I am 90% sure that despite update 3 probably being a vast improvement from the last update, the fact that countries don't research and build better and more modern gear due to whatever the database issues are, has kind of put me right off the game to be honest. It's not something I really noticed myself but I never really seem to play this game much more than a few hrs anyway because of the prior issues with it.

Look, its quite simple that you love your product but don't get too into your own hype about it. The game has been plagued with many different things that has stopped players playing it and more importantly enjoying it barring the few. In my opinion, the game has been a big fail from release and now it appears that it MAY still be fail despite the good things put into update 3. These are not small bugs, these have been massive bugs and massive drawbacks that stop players from enjoying the game time and time again.

My dig in the previous comment was more aimed at steam rather than BG because steam have been known to be a complete pain when it comes to patching games from small dev companies and the latter part of the sentence was aimed at the scenario that should someone take hold of the mantle to get the database sorted, then some of us will have to wait for another minimum of 3 months for anything close to a decent game.

I will of course play it and see if I can overlook this but if indeed major countries are still using WW2 equipment from 1960 onwards, I am just going to be completely gutted.

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”