Wish List

Have a feature request for SRCW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Jersey Mule
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Wish List

Post by Jersey Mule »

Could be you can do some of this and I’m unaware as to how, but features I’d love to have are:

Combined fleet action: Once a group of ships is put into a ‘fleet’ they stay in the same hex with the same travel characteristics: (speed, direction) Moving as one ‘unit’ until disbanded. (stack it and lock it)

Ship upgrades: Once a new tech is available, make ‘refitting’ possible/happen for existing ships (IE: Iowa class battleships refitted with missile capabilities) Same goes for basic infantry units and some aircraft (IE: B-52’s) Just as production increases after tech upgrade for things such as coal plants

Missile/bomb load out: A drag and drop feature (or some other mechanism) to load individual ordinances to a specific platform. This would be a huge plus to lower the hassle of finding out to “where those nukes go?” This one I’d really like to see added

Roads/rails: The ability to delete preexisting infrastructure

DEFCON: The ability to change the level and a more robust Strategic Targeting Pool (IE: ability for America to target, say, Brazil. Obviously, that same ability should be for all nations)

Transport aircraft: The ability to transport aircraft over the seas as cargo (IE: aircraft at a hex with a port can be “packed” into a merchant marine and transported like a troop (I know there are hacks/mods for this, but I play off Steam, cant really do that – can you?)

Great job on the game, just fantastic in conception and fun to play – would love to see this one really refined.

Hope this post doesn’t rehash too much covered ground

-jm
Fistalis
General

Re: Wish List

Post by Fistalis »

The steam version should have no issue with mods. (If i'm wrong someone correct me, but that would be a huge loss to game functionality)
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
tofofnts
Captain

Post by tofofnts »

Fistalis wrote:The steam version should have no issue with mods. (If i'm wrong someone correct me, but that would be a huge loss to game functionality)
I use steam and i can confirm this. Modern World and Cold War Apocalypse run perfectly
"When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is."
-Oscar Wilde
flashy
Lieutenant

Post by flashy »

the 'BBG'-61 class becomes available for production later in the US game
arcstarscream
Sergeant

Post by arcstarscream »

I can't find the steam versions .exe, any help on how to find it?, I am not sure what to look under
First you get the money, then you get the power, then you get the women
tofofnts
Captain

Post by tofofnts »

? if you mean the game files it'll be something like
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\supreme ruler cold war
but if the mod your downloading is a .exe it shoould fint that by itself
"When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is."
-Oscar Wilde
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

tofofnts wrote:? if you mean the game files it'll be something like
90% of the mods available are in .rar or zip form. The only .EXE mod I know of for SRCW right now is the modern world and I was too lazy to have it look for the registry entry to get the install folder so you have to point it to the folder the first time. (since that would require a .MSI and i took the lazy mans way of a self extracting rar) :wink:

Also just to remind you.. the cold war apocalypse mod overwrites your original AIparams.. and can cause some strange behavior. :wink: (course with steam you can just verify.. but then you have to reinstall other mods lol)
tofofnts
Captain

Post by tofofnts »

Fistalis wrote:
The only .EXE mod I know of for SRCW right now is the modern world :wink:
But 70% of srcw mod downloads ARE your modern world mod
-Oscar Wilde
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

tofofnts wrote:
Fistalis wrote:
The only .EXE mod I know of for SRCW right now is the modern world :wink:
But 70% of srcw mod downloads ARE your modern world mod
Not true.. I have a few mods available on my site. I just haven't updated any of them in months cause i've been busy banging my head against the wall trying to get the modern world mod to work the way i think it should. :wink: (sgt scubas orders mod and the 1984 mod are around here as well)
(granted the UI and AI mods are just stand alone versions of things inside my modern world mod)
arcstarscream
Sergeant

Post by arcstarscream »

thanks for the path location, I got the mod installed fine, and yes i do use winrar
arcstarscream
Sergeant

Post by arcstarscream »

Fistalis wrote:
90% of the mods available are in .rar or zip form. The only .EXE mod I know of for SRCW right now is the modern world and I was too lazy to have it look for the registry entry to get the install folder so you have to point it to the folder the first time. (since that would require a .MSI and i took the lazy mans way of a self extracting rar) :wink:

Also just to remind you.. the cold war apocalypse mod overwrites your original AIparams.. and can cause some strange behavior. :wink: (course with steam you can just verify.. but then you have to reinstall other mods lol)
I read to point the mod at the srcw.exe, but the mod basically installed itself, I just needed some info on path location, cause i downloaded it from steam and had no idea where game files were, great mod btw
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

1) Ditto on silos.
2) Increased hide values for guerrillas. Make Vietnam that much harder for France...
3) On the Vietnam example, the strangeness of Belgian, UK, et al units in VN is a bit too much for me. Maybe have an additional level of alliance that doesnt work in colonial wars and insurgencies?
4) longer periods for technology. No F4 Phantoms in 1955, etc. Unless you want to cripple your economy to do it....
5) Shattered World scenario starting in 1949. Would be cool.
flashy
Lieutenant

Post by flashy »

Canadianization!
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Hi all!
What I woul'd like is:

1) longer build time for units. Ships, aircrafts, tanks.. just have too short build times. I think that can be tweaked easily.
2) slowing down the research. Make it extra costly , so no one can afford 10 research centers!
3) Allow us to buy units. There is no point waiting for random offers that then offer us things we really don't need. as I understand, that was implemented earlier in the game, so that shoul'd be rather easy. Diplomatic rating and CB must have effect on these purchases. So, we can buy most modern equipment from our allies (at high costs), we can buy outdated equipment from countries not allied with us but with diplomatic ratings in "green". We can not buy equipment with countries which have CB 10 or more with us.
4) reduce building capabilities for third world nations. There is no point that undeveloped countries can produce masses of tanks only cause they build land fabrication. Or aircrafts. These are very complex systems and in RL Jamaica can not produce them just because they buildt tank factory. My suggestion is to make "fabrication" facilities extremely costly and demanding. And allow third world countries to buy outdated equipment instead.
5) Licences- make them much more expensive, because they are very cheap in this game. and make them dependant on diplomatic rating with trading country. So, you can not cheaply buy licence for F-4 Phantom in 1965 from US if you have bad relations with them. In current diplomacy, you can probably buy licence even with country you are in war with...
Please teach AI everything!
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Zuikaku wrote:Hi all!
What I woul'd like is:

1) longer build time for units. Ships, aircrafts, tanks.. just have too short build times. I think that can be tweaked easily.
2) slowing down the research. Make it extra costly , so no one can afford 10 research centers!
3) Allow us to buy units. There is no point waiting for random offers that then offer us things we really don't need. as I understand, that was implemented earlier in the game, so that shoul'd be rather easy. Diplomatic rating and CB must have effect on these purchases. So, we can buy most modern equipment from our allies (at high costs), we can buy outdated equipment from countries not allied with us but with diplomatic ratings in "green". We can not buy equipment with countries which have CB 10 or more with us.
4) reduce building capabilities for third world nations. There is no point that undeveloped countries can produce masses of tanks only cause they build land fabrication. Or aircrafts. These are very complex systems and in RL Jamaica can not produce them just because they buildt tank factory. My suggestion is to make "fabrication" facilities extremely costly and demanding. And allow third world countries to buy outdated equipment instead.
5) Licences- make them much more expensive, because they are very cheap in this game. and make them dependant on diplomatic rating with trading country. So, you can not cheaply buy licence for F-4 Phantom in 1965 from US if you have bad relations with them. In current diplomacy, you can probably buy licence even with country you are in war with...
If you combined your issues in #1 and #4, you'd have very few units. Keep in mind the game is at battalion level, not divisions/corps/etc. If you reduced the build capacity of small nations, and combined it with long build times, the result would be few, if any, units (not really realistic).

Not bad ideas, but there would be effects. Perhaps more realistic would be small countries' preference for light infantry, rangers, etc. and not modern armor. Take a look at the CIA country books (avail online) sometime--countries like Paraguay had M3 Stuart tanks well into the 2000s'; others still use M8 Greyhound scout cars.

Return to “Suggestions - SRCW”