Question: Aircraft long range movement

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Aragos
General

Question: Aircraft long range movement

Post by Aragos »

Ok, playing US, and I'm trying to get F86 Sabres to South Korea. Since they won't go on the CVs, how do you get them there? I try flying the little suckers, and they bingo on fuel and head back to CONUS.

Ideas?
Hundane
General

Re: Question: Aircraft long range movement

Post by Hundane »

If they have the range, fly them to Hawaii, then to one of your colonies. If they have the range for those two airfields then its no problem , just head to Phillipines , Taiwan, Japanese Islands (IIRC Okinawa) then to South Korea. You might be able to skip a few those of steps depending on the range limit.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Thanks, I'll give it a try. Too bad you can't load them on merchant ships or transports.
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

I think there may be a mod that does that.

I know there was one for SR2020 but not too sure if someone did it for CW.
bvb
Colonel

Post by bvb »

You can set it fairly easily. Go to your game's root directory, then into the "INI" folder. For safety, make a backup copy of the file "Orders.csv". Then, open the file you just backed up, right click, and edit or open with notepad. In that, look on the 9th row that reads 6,LOAD INTO,3,1,, etc, add a 1 after the last 1 & comma so it reads 6,LOAD INTO,3,1,1,

You can now crate aircraft into cargo ships.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

bvb wrote:You can set it fairly easily. Go to your game's root directory, then into the "INI" folder. For safety, make a backup copy of the file "Orders.csv". Then, open the file you just backed up, right click, and edit or open with notepad. In that, look on the 9th row that reads 6,LOAD INTO,3,1,, etc, add a 1 after the last 1 & comma so it reads 6,LOAD INTO,3,1,1,

Thanks, I'll give it a try tonight. My only concern is that the air units would try to operate off of cargo ships :)
Fistalis
General
Human: Yes

Post by Fistalis »

Aragos wrote:
bvb wrote:You can set it fairly easily. Go to your game's root directory, then into the "INI" folder. For safety, make a backup copy of the file "Orders.csv". Then, open the file you just backed up, right click, and edit or open with notepad. In that, look on the 9th row that reads 6,LOAD INTO,3,1,, etc, add a 1 after the last 1 & comma so it reads 6,LOAD INTO,3,1,1,

Thanks, I'll give it a try tonight. My only concern is that the air units would try to operate off of cargo ships :)
If your too lazy for that sgtscuba made an orders mod for it. Its available on my site In the single file tweaks section :wink:

Edit: the thread for it was still on the first page of the modding subforum so here. http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 65&t=19133
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

Thanks all! Will def try the orders mod. Makes a LOT of sense to me--how else did you get patrol boats to Vietnam ;)
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

thanks all! works like a charm.
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

no problem at all.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
flashy
Lieutenant

Post by flashy »

in the same vein, what about the operation of rotary-wing aviation from DDH/FFHs? i should be able to fly a sea king off an annapolis-class destroyer or halifax-class frigate
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

i should be able to fly a sea king off an annapolis-class destroyer or halifax-class frigate
1 helo sure. Not a whole squadron or unit and IIRC, those types of ships have the capabilities of the helo in their stats.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Hundane wrote:
i should be able to fly a sea king off an annapolis-class destroyer or halifax-class frigate
1 helo sure. Not a whole squadron or unit and IIRC, those types of ships have the capabilities of the helo in their stats.
Nailed it. :wink:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
flashy
Lieutenant

Post by flashy »

i just thought a studio based in hamilton would honour our pioneering crazy canucks by letting me fly a CH-124 off a ship that the RN/USN 'experts' said was way too small of a platform

also, a CH-124 has a range of ~1000km, whereas a DDH 265 Annapolis has a ASuW and ASW range of 106km. even factoring in the inefficiences of helo ASW doctrine (loiter time, sono patterns, transducer dips) the platform is being shortchanged... also the ASuW range should be about ~20km as a Sea King has no surface attack capability and the Annapolis was never equipped with Harpoons.
flashy
Lieutenant

Post by flashy »

anyway i digress, mods may move above bitching to the unit errata thread

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”