Modern World Scenario v0.84a ( Supreme ruler cold war MOD )

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Fistalis
General
Human: Yes

Re: Modern World Scenario v0.8d ( Supreme ruler cold war MOD

Post by Fistalis »

fobboy wrote:I haven't played the new version for that long, but I was wondering if the "snowballing" effect was evident. At the beginning, many wars might be declared, but I noticed in previous versions that the longer you play, the less new wars are being declared.

Also, does this version have more aggressive African or South american nations? We all talk about how Russia and China are aggressive and Europe and US would counter them...but nobody mentions Africa or South America, probably because they didn't do anything in previous versions.
Without Alliances at start snowballing happens a bit more but its not probably what you expect or want.

As to south america and africa. I've looked at this every way I can, The newest version has a bit more updated situation regarding somialia and al shabaab. Which causes a bit more war. But TBH most of the potential for war in africa these days is internal strife more than Nation states warring each other. And south america may as well be a big drum circle. Granted this is based on my limited knowledge and research. But since On medium volatility I'm trying to reflect the world the best I can with my understanding. The only option would be adding future events to cause turmoil there. Which.. events happen to be the focus of 0.81. :wink:

(unless of course you have some resources for some major tensions in south america that I'm unaware of.. in which case please share.)

Granted I generally only test for about 2 years so If someone who is playing 0.80d has more information on this let us know. (by the time I'm over 2 years I tend to be working on a new version.. downside of me updating every week or 2)

Also worth noting. If a country is involved in a proxy war.. and the enemy declares war it effects the person in proxy.

Example. Country A is allied with country B.
Country B is at war with country C.
Country C declares war on country A.
They are justified because of the proxy war.. and you get a message involving "long range attacks"
Result.. the world gets 0 CB toward country C. and actually gains CB on country A.
Possibly a bug, I Pm'd Balt and will let you know what he says.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
tofofnts
Captain

Post by tofofnts »

Fistalis wrote:(unless of course you have some resources for some major tensions in south america that I'm unaware of.. in which case please share.)
Well colombia and venezuela aren't exactly best friends, maybe you could highten there CB (i actually have no clue what it is at)
"When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is."
-Oscar Wilde
tofofnts
Captain

Post by tofofnts »

Fistalis wrote:
tofofnts wrote:
I also have a question, I gave FARC some troops but they don't seem to be using them, why is this?
On Some military difficulty settings nations recieve units damaged and must repair them when they are gifted units. Either they haven't repaired them yet or they don't have the military goods to repair them. The longer the building times the longer it takes to repair them. So giving them tanks etc.. it may take a month or so before they get them on the battlefield depending on if they have the military goods needed of course.
thank you
"When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is."
-Oscar Wilde
NRose97
Lieutenant

Post by NRose97 »

Just a suggestion for a future event, maybe you can have a situation where panama cuts off usage from the US and her allies from using the panama canal.

(Lol, sorry if I worded the sentence quite badly :p)
tofofnts
Captain

Post by tofofnts »

Can't wait for v 0.81 can i suggest a korean war?
-Oscar Wilde
tofofnts
Captain

Post by tofofnts »

Actually will there be any wars as events?
-Oscar Wilde
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

tofofnts wrote:Actually will there be any wars as events?
Yes although I'd like to keep them to a minumum. I would rater have events that ruin relations and let the player and or AI decided if they want to declare war in response to that. If a script a war then it happens every game.. If i script the CB changes then it COULD happen every game but won't necessarily.

There were already a few war events added in 0.8d.

Bad news is I've been busy beta testing FE so, I'll try to pry myself from it this weekend and finish up 0.81
fobboy
Sergeant

Post by fobboy »

Uhhh...Russia was eliminated by Poland in my game. I don't even think Poland had any help from the west since they weren't allies, instead they were allies with 3 other minor nations.

One suggestion to make Africa more lively:
1) Democratic Republic of Congo should be very likely to declare war on Ugandia, Burundi, Rwanda due to their help of rebels.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

fobboy wrote:Uhhh...Russia was eliminated by Poland in my game. I don't even think Poland had any help from the west since they weren't allies, instead they were allies with 3 other minor nations.

1) Democratic Republic of Congo should be very likely to declare war on Ugandia, Burundi, Rwanda due to their help of rebels.
Don't need allies.. just mutual protection and open borders(Which they have with all EU members + the U.S.). Chances are European nations had their troops off doing other stuff and couldn't respond in time, and the U.S. was busy in Korea. Thats the way i've seen it go down in my test games.

Honestly not far from reality.. if Russia invaded Poland tommorow NATO and the EU would be caught by such surprise that russia probably would take poland by the time any sizable force reacted. Even more so if the U.S. was bogged down in Korea as well as Afghanistan :wink:

If war was declared really early.. NATOs troops could have been busy spamming the suez to try to reach afghanistan.. :roll:

I can always up the theatre settings for EU nations to concentrate more on Europe, but that has its own implications. Less effectiveness in wars outside of europe, and stationing troops for defense in any nation in the theatre they have open borders with. I'll play around with it and see what I think. (changing AI theatre settings are events anyway) :wink:

P.S. If I was happy with the way the mod was I wouldn't still be working on it. 8)
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Fistalis wrote:
fobboy wrote:Uhhh...Russia was eliminated by Poland in my game. I don't even think Poland had any help from the west since they weren't allies, instead they were allies with 3 other minor nations.

Don't need allies.. just mutual protection and open borders(Which they have with all EU members + the U.S.). Chances are European nations had their troops off doing other stuff and couldn't respond in time, and the U.S. was busy in Korea. Thats the way i've seen it go down in my test games.

Honestly not far from reality.. if Russia invaded Poland tommorow NATO and the EU would be caught by such surprise that russia probably would take poland by the time any sizable force reacted. Even more so if the U.S. was bogged down in Korea as well as Afghanistan :wink:

If war was declared really early.. NATOs troops could have been busy spamming the suez to try to reach afghanistan.. :roll:

I can always up the theatre settings for EU nations to concentrate more on Europe, but that has its own implications. Less effectiveness in wars outside of europe, and stationing troops for defense in any nation in the theatre they have open borders with. I'll play around with it and see what I think. (changing AI theatre settings are events anyway) :wink:

P.S. If I was happy with the way the mod was I wouldn't still be working on it. 8)
He was saying Russia was taken by Poland. This almost happened in my game too but as russia moved their capital in siberia the poland slowed down due the low supply. :D
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

number47 wrote:
Fistalis wrote:

He was saying Russia was taken by Poland. This almost happened in my game too but as russia moved their capital in siberia the poland slowed down due the low supply. :D
Omg brain fart.. how the #$% could that happen, Wish you woulda said something before I spent the last 5 hours setting up battle zone Settings for the AI of half of europe.

Hrmm..how could poland beat russia? Musta had western help, I've never seen anything like that.. usually russia just walks all over poland. Even with Western help. Could be russia had too much going on..
Last edited by Fistalis on Jan 28 2012, edited 1 time in total.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Well, could have something to do with all that units you scraped from russia? :lol:
EDIT: happened on 0.80b....I think :-?
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

number47 wrote:Well, could have something to do with all that units you scraped from russia? :lol:
wasnt that many.. mainly old tanks anyway.. they still start with more units than any country besides maybe the U.S..(granted most of it is soviet era stuff)
(if russia fielded any T-55s in a modern war they would be laughed at anyway.)

Only way possible is if poland holds out until alot of help arrives.. Unless russia lost tons of units in other wars, or has them off helping china or something.
Last edited by Fistalis on Jan 28 2012, edited 1 time in total.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Fistalis wrote:
number47 wrote:Could be russia had too much going on..

NOt much, but that was not the only "strange" thing I experienced during that particular game...saudi arabia took all arabian peninsula (including israel), turkey, bulgaria, romania, hungary and was finally stoped by germany :lol: :lol:
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

number47 wrote:
Fistalis wrote:
number47 wrote:Could be russia had too much going on..

NOt much, but that was not the only "strange" thing I experienced during that particular game...saudi arabia took all arabian peninsula (including israel), turkey, bulgaria, romania, hungary and was finally stoped by germany :lol: :lol:
0.8b was the one that was having issues.. wonky cache. (thats not actually very surpising seeing as Saudi arabia is set to build up its armed forces. Give them enough time and they will have a sizable force :wink: )

Edit: actually.. how far into the game were you when Russia was getting beat by poland? Could be caused by the fact that I don't have a working event to turn off Russias pay off debt minister setting. So eventually they have jack for a military due to constant budget cuts. But If I leave it off... Russia goes bankrupt in the first war they fight..

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”