infantry

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

chipper10
Sergeant
Human: Yes

infantry

Post by chipper10 »

Just wondering what everyone's favorite infantry was, and I'm not talking about the futuristic ones but the real ones in the game. mine is the m113a2 but the bradley is a close second and if done stat wise properly it would be number one. but i have not yet got to this point in the game yet to see the stats on the bradley.
number47
General

Re: infantry

Post by number47 »

Early in the game: Green Berets for foot infantry and IOF-2 for mech
Later in the game: Special Forces II and XA-360 AMV
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
flashy
Lieutenant

Post by flashy »

if there's green berets than why aren't there SAS and Spetsnaz?
Half Baked Hero

Post by Half Baked Hero »

flashy wrote:if there's green berets than why aren't there SAS and Spetsnaz?

Yeah for sure!!! Fix that stuff up!!!!!
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Half Baked Hero wrote:
flashy wrote:if there's green berets than why aren't there SAS and Spetsnaz?

Yeah for sure!!! Fix that stuff up!!!!!
Like navy seals those all fall under Special or Elite forces. Special forces for some nations Other nations have Elite forces. Not sure why green berets have their own troop type TBH since there is technically no "green beret" outfit in any army.(U.S. army special forces receive a green beret but they are U.S. army special forces not "green berets" :wink: )

To answer the OP.. i'm partial to special/elite forces and green berets. The berets give up some armor attack etc for a higher close combat score.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
flashy
Lieutenant

Post by flashy »

out of curiousity do those units receive any sort of infiltration bonus when clandestinely inserted into enemy territory? or overtly in the case of paradropping into a foreign port/airfield?
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

flashy wrote:out of curiousity do those units receive any sort of infiltration bonus when clandestinely inserted into enemy territory? or overtly in the case of paradropping into a foreign port/airfield?
They have a higher profile stat.. which is stealth. If you set them to not take land they can sometimes sneak around enemy territory without being noticed.
They have a high close attack stat which is the stat used in cities etc. So they do best in Cities dense forests etc. On open ground they are liable to get torn up.

What that means is.. they are probably one of the better unit types to paradrop and take a city with a port, if you have them set to not take land and not attack any enemy they see you can sometimes get them inside a city, and actually entrench them. Then change the ROE so they do take land and engage enemies, which if done properly can take a city very easily, and already be entrenched for any counter assault giving you time to land larger forces. :wink:

(There are alot of strategies and tactics that can be employed if your willing to micromanage your troops, this is just one of my favorites.)
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
SoB
Brigadier Gen.

Post by SoB »

Playing has north vietnam I sneaked 12 spec ops battalions 336KM and captured xiengkhouang and louang phrabang from french laos. I succeed in capturing the towns but a nato assault with heavy USAAF support on my home land prevented me from taking advantage of my gains in laos. All my spec ops duds got wiped out by french Canadian troops. But yes they are very sneaky and if used right can win the war.

To the question. Ratal and spec ops.
You plastic soldiers i will turn you in to real soldiers

CPO Mzinyati
flashy
Lieutenant

Post by flashy »

Fistalis wrote:
flashy wrote:out of curiousity do those units receive any sort of infiltration bonus when clandestinely inserted into enemy territory? or overtly in the case of paradropping into a foreign port/airfield?
They have a higher profile stat.. which is stealth. If you set them to not take land they can sometimes sneak around enemy territory without being noticed.
They have a high close attack stat which is the stat used in cities etc. So they do best in Cities dense forests etc. On open ground they are liable to get torn up.

What that means is.. they are probably one of the better unit types to paradrop and take a city with a port, if you have them set to not take land and not attack any enemy they see you can sometimes get them inside a city, and actually entrench them. Then change the ROE so they do take land and engage enemies, which if done properly can take a city very easily, and already be entrenched for any counter assault giving you time to land larger forces. :wink:

(There are alot of strategies and tactics that can be employed if your willing to micromanage your troops, this is just one of my favorites.)
thanks for the elaboration
flashy
Lieutenant

Post by flashy »

SoB wrote:All my spec ops duds got wiped out by french Canadian troops.
the Vandoos are a dangerous bunch!

Return to “General Discussion - SRCW”