The Falkland Islands

Off Topic Comments Area

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

KesslerK09
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Re: The Falkland Islands

Post by KesslerK09 »

Well that makes sense from the UK point of view and no I didnt know about the potential of oil near by. I still don't understand why Argentina wants it though if it's allways been part of the UK.
stephen
Lt. Colonel

Post by stephen »

"There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people"

~Heinz Guderian~
flashy
Lieutenant

Post by flashy »

i agree with the comments regarding the degredation in the uk's ability to project power

even the Harriers are retired now, can't really provide air cover with Apaches flying off the hms ocean. new A330 MRTTs are just coming into service now but those VC10s and Tristars are getting awfully tired.
Ragu
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Ragu »

Well the Uk stands at building the 2 new carrier's, Elizabeth II, and The Prince Of Wales. 1 will see service, and one will be mothballed :cry: . Bloody government. If they want the Uk to be an international police force, either pay the bills, or pull back and think of the Uk. Sick and tired of hearing stories about Uk forces not having the right/enough equipment to do their jobs. Not fair on the armed forces who give everything for crappy "Uk interest's"...
PyongYang
Colonel

Post by PyongYang »

Ragu wrote:Bloody government
There's NO MONEY LEFT thanks to the previous one.
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

PyongYang wrote:
^this, don't blame the condems for something they didn't do, they are just trying to fix the problem. (and of course don't go around promising money we don't have like labour did)
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
PyongYang
Colonel

Post by PyongYang »

SGTscuba wrote:
PyongYang wrote:
^this, don't blame the condems for something they didn't do, they are just trying to fix the problem. (and of course don't go around promising money we don't have like labour did)
Exactly. In fact, Liebour have just u-turned and moved into line with the condems policies on deficit reduction and public sector pay. Probably because they've realised that everybody knows that they're talking out of their collective ARSE.
fool
General

Post by fool »

Hmm, of course it's something the government have done, and they should take full responsibility. Personally though, I would rather a carrier be scrapped than hospitals or schools.
"All warfare is based on deception...
Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him."

Sun Tzu, The Art of War
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

I think the second carrier should be sold to India, they need a new one, at least that way we get a good amount of the investment back.

Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

btw, skotland may become independent after 2015 if their current gov gets their will through. So skotlands population is about 9%(?) of uk total, so that entitles them to 9% of every thing that the uk owns. How would this relate to the oversea territories, would some join scotland or will all stay with the remaining uk?
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Hullu Hevonen wrote:btw, skotland may become independent after 2015 if their current gov gets their will through. So skotlands population is about 9%(?) of uk total, so that entitles them to 9% of every thing that the uk owns. How would this relate to the oversea territories, would some join scotland or will all stay with the remaining uk?
I think it would be worked out somehow so that the UK keeps the colony, but Scotland gets the North sea reserves as well as the whole of mainland scotland, and the outer islands. We would have to remove the nuclear weapons from them, as they are not allowed to have them under the NNP treaty which is signed as the UK, and not each individual nation.

The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

fool wrote:Hmm, of course it's something the government have done, and they should take full responsibility. Personally though, I would rather a carrier be scrapped than hospitals or schools.
+1
I cant play SR2020 well but I still love 2010. Chris will hate me for exploiting his game to death.
Date of Order: 2007-11-15 20:03
Product information:
Supreme Ruler 2010 (1 x 19.99 USD)
3 years baby
PyongYang
Colonel

Post by PyongYang »

The good news is, when Scotland finally get their independence, Labour will find it very, very difficult to ever win a General Election in the UK ever again :lol:
Rhyus
Colonel

Post by Rhyus »

I think the Scots will vote to stay in the UK. I dont think it would be beneficial to either Scotland or the UK for Scotland to leave
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

Rhyus wrote:I think the Scots will vote to stay in the UK. I dont think it would be beneficial to either Scotland or the UK for Scotland to leave
Actually, right. The world needs unity rather than dividing into 92736452476 countries.
I cant play SR2020 well but I still love 2010. Chris will hate me for exploiting his game to death.
Date of Order: 2007-11-15 20:03
Product information:
Supreme Ruler 2010 (1 x 19.99 USD)
3 years baby

Return to “Off Topic Comments”