Military notebook changes

Talk and Learn about the military aspects of the game.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

moondrift
Captain

Military notebook changes

Post by moondrift »

Brilliant to see the game coming together in the final stages now. Just having a quick glance over the military notebook units and they look great, just a couple of things that I noted.

1. Thw WAH -64 is the british biult version of the AH64 D Longbow and is now operational. But on the list I see it limited to USA.

2. The picture for the SU22 should be changed to that of the Mig21 as it is the same design to look at.

3. MIG 19/17 were not delta wing aircraft and on map could be confused for a more advanced version like MIG 21 etc.

4. The AH7 super lynx has a proportinally low hard and soft attack number. The lynx can carry either 8 HOT missiles or 8 Tow 1/2 Missiles which makes it comparable to the AH1 Cobra, and for soft attack is far more versitile as it can be fitted with a wide range of rocket, gun pods

I expect it is just being picky but I thought i would write it down as it was what I thought when I saw them. But I do think that the balance on the units I have seen is otherwise really good and a lot of research has gone into it. I think this level of developement by a games designer/producer is what has been missing in a lot of war/strategy games. Well Done!!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

1. Didn't know that, updated it to include UK

2. Also fixed, I got the Mig 21 picture much later and had forgotten to go back and adjust the Su-22 to the more appropriate picture.

3. Hmm. That's been a bit of a problem. I don't really have a good model to use to represent pathetically old really crappy planes :P I've got a model for a Mig 17 but it's low quality. I'll see what I can do before release, else we may just have to live with it. There are VERY few of those in the game, they where almost cut due to age and the fact that the remaining world inventory are probably not very flight worthy.

4. Didn't know that, I've marked the entry in my notes for a complete review. If I have it marked as more of a ASW or cargo role, I may change the designation to whatever variant that would be and start a new entry for the AH7 with more appropriate specs.

We certainly do not mind and even appreciate any help in catching these kind of issues. With a database of 1600+ units it gets hard for me to remember what needs reviewing :-?

So long as you don't find all the mistakes the week before we go gold :o

:lol:
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
PzGren
Corporal

Post by PzGren »

Is the German helicopter Bo-150-AT a typo?
I only know the Bo-105-AT.

Christian
God, grant peace.
For the warriors.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Oops! Yes, that is a typo. I'll get it asap.

Hey! You got my name :)

Christian "Balthagor" Latour.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
PzGren
Corporal

Post by PzGren »

Great!
Two other things:
The C-160 Transall is listed for France, but Germany uses them as well.
There is a Bo-150 Transport as well. I never heard of it. Is it another typo? If yes, I'm not sure the Bo-105 can be used as transport helicopter. It's rather tiny. It is used as "Verbindungshubschrauber", a messenger, though.
And thanks for the warm welcome!

Christian
God, grant peace.
For the warriors.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I think I've updated the C-160 to "Western Europe", not specific countries any more. Most western european countries could develop it through research. I'll make sure it is marked as researched in the Germany map.

For the Bo-150/105 issue, yes, that's another typo. When you found the first one I figured I'd gotten both entries wrong. It is in the transport category not because its intended to transport, but because it can carry supplies to a unit. Hueys and Bo-105s are most useful to resupply special forces or other units in remote areas. If you built a large enough battalion of Bo-105s they might be able to carry a Special Forces battalion, I'd have to check the entries...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Bones
Sergeant

Post by Bones »

Quick question on that huge list of units. Is there any way that a player might be able to reference this list while reviewing their units ect. Possibly via a small icon in game? I find that when I am playing I like to review where unit X is in the food chain of units. To be honest this may also be a function of being a very new beta tester, in which case it may not matter with experience. Still, it is an amazing list and I would love to see it in game.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

At this point, it's too late to have a Milpediea of units, though the idea had come up once or twice before.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Military - Defense and Operations Departments”