Ruges GC Mod (5.08(11-2-13))

What is the world like in 2020? What are the different ways to play? How can I create my own futuristic scenario and country groupings?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

mr.playa
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Re: Ruges GC Mod

Post by mr.playa »

[quote="Ruges"]Dont think my defualt AIParams will work with cold war. Although it would only take a small amount of work to make it compatable.

thanks for the replay
so can you give us a guide or do have plans to convert your mod once its finished in the 2020 to cold war
ixonixas
Lieutenant

Post by ixonixas »

Ruges wrote:Dont think my defualt AIParams will work with cold war. Although it would only take a small amount of work to make it compatable.

BUT AI is still not using air forces. Why?
The AI does use its airforce. Granted not as much as we would like them to. But that could be said for everything including ground and sea forces. You can curcumvent it and make it appear the AI is using more of its airforce by including more of them in the orders to recapture bases and such. And I have tried this. And the AI will send more air units out. However what this does is makes it so they are sending an air unit to a hex when they need a ground unit. So its better off not puting the air units in those slots. As it hinders the AI in other aspecs. Currently the AIParams I have released is the best balance of this. and the AI will still use air units. It still does intercepts good, it still does support missions good, and it still does air attack orders good.

Well as good as the AIParams will let it happen. What really needs to happen is the code that directs the AIRequest todo what they do be moded. However BG has not released this code. And I have beged them several times to let me have access to it. I would love to work on the AI more. Hell I would just be happy with this section of the code.
Ok thanks. I have another question. Did you worked on sea/air invasion? If so, its not working. :-?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Sea/Air invasions is part of the core game code, and it works fine. Airdrops are possible though not sure if anyone has seen any, the conditions are particularly rare. Naval Invasion works nicely, there are many reports on the forum of the AI using it. Not sure if Ruges' mod attempts to increase the probabilities.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
ixonixas
Lieutenant

Post by ixonixas »

Balthagor wrote:Sea/Air invasions is part of the core game code, and it works fine. Airdrops are possible though not sure if anyone has seen any, the conditions are particularly rare. Naval Invasion works nicely, there are many reports on the forum of the AI using it. Not sure if Ruges' mod attempts to increase the probabilities.
Well i never seen it. I offten see USA declaring war to Cuba, but they are not invading it. How can i push AI to finally invade by sea/air? Should i give oil for them or what? HUH

To Ruges:
How to do boycott of smth foreign country? 8_
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

maybe search the forums for "naval invasions"...

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... l+invasion
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
CrowKing
Warrant Officer

Post by CrowKing »

&&AIREQRESPONSE
2,,3,2,,4,2,,5,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,//Garrison
2,,3,2,,4,2,,5,1,,9,1,,10,1,,11,1,,12,,,,//Defense
2,,0,2,,7,2,,2,2,,3,2,,4,2,,5,1,,10,1,,11,//Assistance
2,,14,2,,6,2,,14,2,,6,2,,14,2,,6,0,,20,2,,20,//Supply
2,,13,2,,9,2,,10,2,,11,2,,12,2,,7,2,,10,2,,11,//AirSupport
2,,6,2,,6,2,,14,2,,14,2,,6,2,,6,2,,20,2,,20,//LandTransport
1,,20,0,,20,2,,20,2,,15,2,,16,2,,17,2,,18,2,,19,//SeaSupply
2,,17,2,,17,2,,18,2,,18,2,,19,2,,19,2,,15,2,,16,//SeaAttack
2,,2,2,,0,2,,1,2,,3,2,,4,2,,5,2,,7,2,,10,//LandAttack
2,,0,2,,1,2,,2,2,,3,2,,4,2,,5,2,,7,2,,13,//BattleSupport
2,,2,2,,0,2,,10,2,,11,2,,9,2,,12,2,,13,2,,7,//CityRescue
2,,13,2,,9,2,,10,2,,11,2,,9,2,,10,2,,11,2,,13,//AirIntercept
2,,2,2,,0,2,,10,2,,11,2,,9,2,,12,2,,13,2,,7,//CityRecapture
2,,2,2,,0,2,,10,2,,11,2,,9,2,,12,2,,13,2,,7,//BaseRescue
2,,2,2,,0,2,,10,2,,11,2,,9,2,,12,2,,13,2,,7,//IndustryRescue
2,,2,2,,0,2,,10,2,,11,2,,9,2,,12,2,,13,2,,7,//ReclaimLandLost
&&END

this is my modification of ai it use air good what you think..ruges
BillSirKill
Sergeant

Please... Direct Me...

Post by BillSirKill »

I have read a lot about Ruges Mod and am very interested. Unfortunately, I'm a newbie. Can you please explain how to download and install the MOD. I know it's in the post however, I don't know which update is the most current.

also, as a newbie.. is it wise to use the mod or go with the vanilla version?

Thanks.. Bill

P.S> will there ever be a searchable/sortable database for units
Prescot
Lieutenant

Post by Prescot »

Where is the url to download it ?
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Re: Ruges GC Mod (4.36(11-6-11))

Post by Ruges »

Ok people I have updated the front page to reflect what is going on. Put what I consider a change log up. and install notes.
Tnarg
Colonel

Post by Tnarg »

Hello Ruges, I am thinking about doing an AAR for either the US or Russia using your 4.36 Beta. I am wondering though what are the best game settings at the beginning for your mod.

World Volatility?
Game Settings?
Military Settings?
Scenerio Settings?

Thanks
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

Defualt (well defualt as you start the game). I already preset all the settings to what I think they should be. Except of random events, I would move that up to high.
oberkommando
Major

Post by oberkommando »

Ruges Have you included any new facility?, and also have you included Boeing P-8 Poseidon?
Another doubt, what could happen if i install your mode over a game i have already started?

Thank you.
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

Yes over 30 new facilities have been added, look at the first post for a list of added facilites and units and techs. Also all the original faciliites have been modified. First post explains most of the changes. You will need to start a new game to play with the mod.
oberkommando
Major

Post by oberkommando »

Tanks a lot Ruges.
I have a recommendation, i´ve noticed you have used an old based map. I noticed that several facilities are missing in comparison to the 6.8.1, IE. wallops launch facility is missing, and North Korea´s launch pad also. Is it plaussible to use the newest one?
I must say you have put up with an excellent idea.
SE7EN
Sergeant

Post by SE7EN »

Hi Ruges,

I've noticed you released a new version so I wanted to give it a try. I'm not sure what you have changed from the previous version but now I can't manage to play a campaign without WW3 starting in the first 4-5 months. I've tried every combination of settings to get rid of this domino effect but so far without success. I think its something related to how alliances are made.

I'm not complaining that the AI is more active/aggressive but if I remember correctly in the previous version, there were only ~10 countries at war in the first year (low world volatility), but now it seems that the Second Korean war and Russia-Poland war start a domino effect that drag more and more countries until almost half of all countries are at war. In the previous version, even though these two wars started every time, the conflict was usually limited to the surrounding area.

I'm asking whether it is possible to set the campaign settings so I can have a couple of years of relative peace, otherwise it is useless to even try to develop the industry, economy because regardless of your actions, one way or the other you will find yourself surrounded by warmongering neighbours. Plus the game slows down like hell.

On a positive note, I've witnessed the invasion of Colombia and Spain by the US which is a great feat for the AI.

Return to “Scenarios, Mods and More - 2020”