Ruges GC Mod (5.08(11-2-13))

What is the world like in 2020? What are the different ways to play? How can I create my own futuristic scenario and country groupings?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Yobi_UK
Corporal
Human: Yes

Re: Ruges GC Mod

Post by Yobi_UK »

I have noticed that fisheries have no product output info, am I right in thinking this produces "agriculture" on ocean tiles? Is the AI set to use this especially for archipelagos and those who have limited land mass?

Have the AIPrams from ver3.4 implemented the "update 8" changes? (I trust your one anyway, I'm just curious). :D

Please don't murder me to ask what the likely ETA is for ver.4. (I'm aware its early beta testing still, but it just gives me hope while looking to the horizon.)
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

I dont like giving ETA's, Although my plan was to let the beta testers have there way for the next month. This gives them time to get deep into a game to see if there are any long term issues. As for fish hatcheries, Yea the intent is for them to produce agriculture. They are built over coastal ocean hexes. However I cannot seem to get the production right on them, I dont know why its not working. As for the AI params, use the one from my mod, its better then BG's, Well atleast in my opinion its better. I am sure they think thiers is better. But they live in Canada, and we all know how many units they think should be sent into combat situations.
SE7EN
Sergeant

Post by SE7EN »

I've started a new campaign and something really strange happened(with the US, Russian economy). I've started the campaign with all diff set to very easy, No world volatility, no debt and low approval effects just to see if it will help to AI stay afloat. So the usual wars started, the US managed the quickest occupation of Cuba I've ever see, in like a couple months. Then I let the game run and watched how the AI economy behaves. As expected the treasury of most countries began to increase because of the high income from taxes (econ diff: very easy), the US gathered ~2,6 trillion $, Russia ~2 trillion and China 500 billion. During this time of prosperity USA was at peace, Russia was at war with Poland and Japan and China vs India, Japan, Taiwan and maybe some other I can't remember.
But than suddenly something broke and the American and Russian treasuries began to decrease. Ok, let say that the war was at fault in Russia's case but why the Americans screwed everything up when they were doing so good? The only thing I noticed was that they started building dozens of military factories even though they were at peace... Now after 3 years both Russia and the US have trillions in debt.

I have however tested different difficulty settings while playing but always saved the game before making any changes, than let the game run for a while and if I noticed the treasuries began to drop, I loaded the savegame which had the settings from the start. Is it possible that the economy got screwed up because of these changes even though eventually I always continued with the save game that had the settings that were set at start?

I have the save files from before the treasury boost and from after it started droping. Unfortunately none from when the economies were growing because I kept overwriting the save files... :| If you need them let me know.
Yobi_UK
Corporal

Post by Yobi_UK »

What are fish hatcheries are these supposed to be the Fish Farms when ocean harvesting is researched? HUH Apologies for noob questions here, pls kindly direct me to the relevant glossary FAQ section of this mod if there is a place. ???
DiegoEsteban
Lieutenant

Post by DiegoEsteban »

Ruges, can I make few suggestions:
What about moving the especial forces to the recon category? (str 38 fits better than str 54, also you can asign them better mobility, asuming they have AB Jeeps or similar)
And renaming the transport (ground) category as logistics (they doesnt transport anything anyway). And put the engineer units here so the IA will not spam them, and will use them in their correct role. (and with srt 24, the player will not abuse from them either).

One thing that I really like is the way that you tune down the AA values of all non pure AA units. But in the other hand you didnt changed to much the air vs air model. For example if a J-7 has an air attack of 30-some then an F-22 should be have near 70-some. My point is that in real life a J-7 squadron have no chance vs an F-22 squadron, probably ending in a 18-0 score. Or Su-30 facing old Mirages V, or F-15 vs old Mig-23, and so.

Anyway, just my two cents :D
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

Thanks for your suggestions DE, I like allot of your idea's. Only thing I am not sure on is the air to air. I dont follow planes closly enough to figure out what they should be cabable of when in combat with each other.
BillSirKill
Sergeant

Post by BillSirKill »

VERY NOOBISH QUESTION: Just started playing..love the game..Played many other games as vanilla never fooled around with modding or using mods..

The vanilla version of SR2020-gold seems to work fine for me.. however, I read all these posts that state Ruges GC Mod is fantastic.. so that got me interested.

Do mods enhance the game with a greater library of events/units. or do they make the game more "realsitic"?

in short.. Why should I play the mod version? (I'm having enough issues to understand the vanilla version..LOL)

thanks for you input...Bill
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

Just wait for version 4. But the basics of it are. The AI reactions have been changed to what units it builds prefers and sends to combat. Hundreds of new techs and units. Focused allot on adding more missles exspecialy late game. Adusted missle production. added supply depots around the world in area's the AI had problems with units geting stuck out of supply. added research facilities to several nations becouse more more tech added. Added ferries in select spots around the map where the AI was having difficulties. changed the bridge over english channel into the Chunnel. Rebalanced many units including tanks geting higher armor and hard attack values. Every unit had its AA cababilities reduced greatly except for AA, Air and Sea units. Missles attack and defense values increased. New military facilities added around the world where there should be some.
lamoxl
Corporal

Post by lamoxl »

hey i just started playing your mod and i have to say i like all the new stuff you have added ... BUT what the hell did you think by creating all those long building times ?

supply depots finish after nearly one year ?
repairing barracks in captured cities takes over a month if they have only small dmg ?

with this your mod is a no go now ... sorry but such gameplay sucks really hard ...

we play in future and the ability to construct new buildings decreased ? dont you think in 5 years from now they should be able to build stuff even faster ?

is there a way to reduce the construction times ?
oscilate
Corporal

Post by oscilate »

lamoxl wrote: is there a way to reduce the construction times ?
Several research techs do that.
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

BUT what the hell did you think by creating all those long building times ?
Currently creating structures was to easy. And they where practicaly instant. You wanted new structures, you just built them without a thought. Want different ones?, you scraped the old ones and built new ones. Never really caring what you had becouse you could always get more easily enough. When attacking a region you did not care what type of weapons you used. If you damaged the structures, they would repair quick enough. Everything was built way to fast. never was the time considered that would be needed to plan for the building of the structure. such as the time it takes to get the plans authorized, the funding authorized. materials shiped, land prepared...........

Now all this time is shown. You have to think about what you want to have built ahead of when you want it. If you run short on power, its going to take you awhile to get up and running. and you will need to import some in the meantime. Your not going to start out producing the world combined in the first month of gameplay anymore. You have to think a bit more about what you will need in the future.

Now with that said, I understand that certian situations require structures a bit quicker. So certain structures have been labled temp buidlings. these build at a much quicker rate, but cost allot more to operate. So you can get them up and running now when you need them, and then scrap them once the regular structure comes online. Also Enginers are your friend. These units greatly speed up the build rate of your structures.

I invision my game being played more with the units you have, and the ones you build as you play. Its not ment to be played by somone who Q's up hundreds of units and strucutres lets the game run over night, and then comes back the next day with all there super units and wipes the map.
lamoxl
Corporal

Post by lamoxl »

ah well but it is still a huge difference ... i was playing on my laptop which cant fast forward much .. had to play @ normal speed and a years takes ages to go by. I guess construction times are set for each building and you can change them by just editing one number ? Would be nice to have an option like full construction times and maybe half the time ? but i guess that would mean you have to change everything ...

maybe you can add a temp supply depot ? this is one structure i miss at the beginning
lamoxl
Corporal

Post by lamoxl »

Ruges wrote:3.52 is no longer availible for DL.
Version 4 of the mod is now in final beta. Please stay tuned.
any estimated time ?
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

Well I think we have found most of the issues for this build. usualy takes about a week for the tester to go one play threw. However I was hoping to get to the 10-15 year test phase. which usualy takes more then a week. I also wanted it to be done 2 weeks ago, becoue I wanted to hold a contest. I am planning on giving away a free copy of Dead Island via steam to whoever writes the best AAR of the mod. And that game gets released in 8 day now.
asoltech
Private

Post by asoltech »

Hello everyone.

Return to “Scenarios, Mods and More - 2020”