N00b question ..

Place any military topics in this forum. How long can you run your country peacefully?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Glen-livet
Sergeant
Human: Yes

N00b question ..

Post by Glen-livet »

I can't launch my nuclear missiles .

I have researched , manfactured and deployed all 4 tipes of nuclear missiles ( land, sub, sea, air ), gave permision to use nuclear weapons.. And that is where i stop because my units won't launch them... Can someone help me?
Hundane
General

Re: N00b question ..

Post by Hundane »

Are you within the missiles range to target ?
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

There is a button somewhere that locks auto-fire of Nukes, I can't remember where though
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

There is a button somewhere that locks auto-fire of Nukes, I can't remember where though
Yea he said he gave them permision.

Its probly a range thing. Make sure the unit is in missle range of the target, then select the unit and then right click the target and select nuke.
tonystowe
Colonel

Post by tonystowe »

Isn't there a button or something that will not allow the launch of any nuclear weapons by your region? I want to say that its either in the options or in the Military Advisor's area. To date, I have never used nuclear weapons so I am really answering this from the hip.

I will say, that it would be an awesome aspect of this game if the AI were given ground rules for employing nuclear weapons.

Tony
Glen-livet
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Post by Glen-livet »

I used B-2 bombers , "standard" nuke ( N-bomb, Nuclear Bomb ) , and tried to drop it, pushed the "fire missile" button and than nothing happened, i don't think it is range problem,
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

Acualy I think it is a range issue. And I have had this issue with other short range missles. The N-Bomb Nuclear Bomb has a range of 1. Which means inorder to fire it, it must be in the same hex or one hex away from its target. And when it is in position the order must be given, and enough time must pass for the bomb to drop without the unit leaving the area. So its a pretty short window indeed. You would want to set the planes speed to very slow, and the game speed to very slow. And once the plane entered the correct hex pause the game, then issue the nuke order. then unpause the game.
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

Acualy I think it is a range issue.
I agree with Ruges. I also wouldnt recommend using those type of nukes, not only are they PITA to use but you risk losing your bombers as well. Even the non nuke free fall bombs are a PITA to use but at least you wont lose your aircraft when they go boom.
Madzcat
Lieutenant

Post by Madzcat »

Yeah that's the problem and why I always avoid essentially no range bombs.

Just don't be surprised when you do get your nukes to shoot that they aren't as effective as you had hoped.

Return to “Military - 2020”