Just saw the old "spawn from dead barracks" bug again

Get installation help, discuss issues, and submit bug reports in this section. Take a read through before posting... sometimes your problem may have already been discussed.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Just saw the old "spawn from dead barracks" bug again

Post by tkobo »

A full stack of 7 enemy units, all art and anti-air,just appeared out of nowhere on land i conquered sometime back.I know its an old issue,couldnt find the threads on it,just mentioning its still "alive".
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Just saw the old "spawn from dead barracks" bug again

Post by Balthagor »

any savegame from before that base was captured by you?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

I do, but i dont think its close.Ill look.The barracks was destroyed by artillery,not captured.
Chuckle TM
tonystowe
Colonel

Post by tonystowe »

I just had the same happen at Ft Blanding, USA. I wish that it had been artillery; the US had 15x M1A3 pop up from the hex that was Ft Blanding that I had destroyed four months earlier. :-(

What is the fix????
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

None yet.Its been a hard one to get repeatable saves on during play.And the damn bug even appeared again with the engine change from sr2010 to sr2020......

Sooner or later someones likely gonna have to explicitly go testing for this,by purposely recreating the situations it can occur in over and over.....
Chuckle TM
tonystowe
Colonel

Post by tonystowe »

This bug is causing me great concern in my current game as stacks from 7-20x MBT's or IFV's appear, in what seems random, at locations in which I have previously destroyed US military bases. The hex still bears the name of the military base and the spawned units appear to be those which were in repair/reserve at that base prior the base destruction. So far, Ft Rucker, Ft McPhearson, and Ft Stewart have been the bases in which the spawning has occurred and multiple times at each base.

I am going to try and upload a save game later today.. BG, you guys have an email address?

Tony
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

yes, I do.

|
|
|
|
V
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tonystowe
Colonel

Post by tonystowe »

Balthagor wrote:yes, I do.

|
|
|
|
V

Sometimes, I truly overlook the obvious...
Ragu
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Ragu »

Just thought I would add, I'm seeing this happen tonight. Tarabulus in Libya is re-spawning various units at the base I destroyed earlier. I'm just keeping a stack of 6 units on-top of that hex, and they are instapopping the re-spawns.
tonystowe
Colonel

Post by tonystowe »

After the third spawn, I went ahead and posted a mixture of troops at each destroyed base to destroy the units as they appeared. The bases continued, at random times and locations, to spawn the troops for at least 4-6 game months. I am now in the latter months of 2025, one year past the first base being destroyed, and I haven't noticed any spawning.

After sending Chris Latour an emailed save game, he indicated that there were 90x US MBT's at one base that I had destroyed. With there spawning now ceased and the quantity given to me by Chris I am guessing that once that number reaches zero then the spawning will cease.

After destroying 4-5 US bases and having the spawning to hit regularly for about six game months put a serious delay on my momentum. Granted, I found that random event to increase my gaming experience but the fact that it is happening after I fully control the base and the surrounding areas makes it a problem.

Tony
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Thats interesting that he (or george) can go in and count them....been weird "limbos" mentioned before,where units that should have been destroyed with the base stock around in,but i wasnt aware they could actually see the individual units in one.
Chuckle TM
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Actually, all you have to do is take his savegame and load it as the US. The units are in reserve, repairing, just at a location that's not listed in the defense dept. If you use the "all reserves" view you can find them.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Ahhh, didnt know that either.That makes a lot more sense.And it gives the players a work around.Just load the game in multi as the culprit nation, go into reserve and scrap any unit that doesnt have an existing matching location.
Chuckle TM
tonystowe
Colonel

Post by tonystowe »

tkobo wrote:Ahhh, didnt know that either.That makes a lot more sense.And it gives the players a work around.Just load the game in multi as the culprit nation, go into reserve and scrap any unit that doesnt have an existing matching location.
I have copied several save games into the mutliplayer save folder under the SR2020 directory and none of the games show when I try to load a multiplayer game. Which folder are you placing the file?

Thanks
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

That sounds like the right folder,it should show in the save games load option for multiplay once put in that folder.

Might want to check the "games for windows" save folder area also,under my documents/my games/.....depending on where youve set the saves to be saved at.

IE if your saves are set to save in the save folder in the sr2020 directory,just move the save from the single to the multi folder in that dir.

BUT
If the saves are setup to be saved in the games for windows save folder area,under my documents/my games/game name,then you have to move the save from the single player save folder there,to the multiplayer save folder there.

Got to be a better way to explain that :lol: I hate windows a lot sometimes :P
Chuckle TM

Return to “Support & Issues - 2020”