Ruges GC Mod (5.08(11-2-13))

What is the world like in 2020? What are the different ways to play? How can I create my own futuristic scenario and country groupings?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

catatonic
General
Human: Yes

Re: Ruges GC Mod

Post by catatonic »

Ruges wrote:They probably still had supply left after the missles where loaded? So once the missles fired off they still had supply so where not given the auto RTB order.
The sub's "Supply" indicated zero supplies as before, yet the subs would deploy this time.

In the previous tests, if they were loaded with more than one missile, they would immediately turn around and RTB as soon as they left supplied waters - no missiles fired.
"War is merely the continuation of politics [diplomacy] by other means"
General Carl von Clausewitz - 1832

"Defense: De ting dat keeps de cows off de road."
Catatonic - 2012
Anatolian
Major

Post by Anatolian »

So do the technological/economical boycotts have a real economic impact? If America boycotted Russia, would it affect them much?
"One death is a tragedy; one million is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

Like I said in the notes, I have no idea if the newer treaties acualy have any real effect on the game. I just enabled them to be used in the game. BG had disabled them at some point. I dont know if they did it becouse they never finished them, Or if they did it becouse they did not work as desired. But figured I would add them in for at the very least an RP reason.
Anatolian
Major

Post by Anatolian »

Ruges wrote:Like I said in the notes, I have no idea if the newer treaties acualy have any real effect on the game. I just enabled them to be used in the game. BG had disabled them at some point. I dont know if they did it becouse they never finished them, Or if they did it becouse they did not work as desired. But figured I would add them in for at the very least an RP reason.
Well, what you could do is put in the ceasefire treaty and declare war, and see if that has any effect when enacted in-game. That should give us a pretty good idea if they work or not. I highly doubt they do though.
"One death is a tragedy; one million is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Ruges wrote:...I have no idea if the newer treaties acualy have any real effect on the game...
The additional treaties have no actual effects although can be given diplomatic "weight" using the system you're already experimenting with.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
theonlystd
Sergeant

Post by theonlystd »

Hey the link to the download on the first page doesnt seem to be working..

Some where else i can get it?
catatonic
General

Post by catatonic »

theonlystd wrote:Hey the link to the download on the first page doesnt seem to be working..

Some where else i can get it?
http://home.earthlink.net/~sr2020_ruges ... rm338b.zip

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... &start=345

Catatonic - 2012
TM (Ghost)
Captain

Post by TM (Ghost) »

Dear Ruges,

I absolutelly loved your Superpower2 mod back in the day - it made that game a lot better IMO.

I now want to install your mod for this game (I have the latest GC version).

Hope it works!! :D

P.S. Is the link posted in your OP the latest version of your mod? Also, any issues with installation on Vista?
tonystowe
Colonel

Post by tonystowe »

TM (Ghost) wrote:Dear Ruges,

I absolutelly loved your Superpower2 mod back in the day - it made that game a lot better IMO.

I now want to install your mod for this game (I have the latest GC version).

Hope it works!! :D

P.S. Is the link posted in your OP the latest version of your mod? Also, any issues with installation on Vista?
I loaded Ruges mod on vista and had no problems and then updated to WIN7 and had no problems.
catatonic
General

Post by catatonic »

Strange - I tried modding to over-ride the definition of your Military Complex that takes 215 days to build with one that only takes 12 days to build.

The result was that the MC disappeared from the build list altogether. Then I tried setting "defres" and "No Research" to TRUE - same result.

Guess I'll just have to cheat if I want to build one quickly in a no-supply zone...

Catatonic - 2012
catatonic
General

Post by catatonic »

Regarding missile production in the mod - my current game is in GY 2036 and my missile inventory counter has "over-flowed" into the millions, so I can't even tell how many missiles I have.

Increasing the productivity of missile fabs was a good idea, however I sincerely believe that increasing it from one missile per fab to 50 per fab is too much. I know that some of you guys love your missiles, but it seems like an "inbalance" in the game when you can just shoot you way into a region with missiles alone. I think that 25 per fab or less would be a better figure.

IMHO heavy missile use lacks finesses and under-cuts the necessity of using other non-missile units effectively, against an AI that, although newly aggressive, is still pretty dumb.

Catatonic - 2012
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

The reason I went with 50. Is becouse of the defualt missle fabs the USA has. The total missle production that it gives them is the amount that is required to wage a world war under the curent game methods of firing missles. However if missles are used more sparenly and targeted at specific targets. Or if the country was not at war, then I could see the huge bulk of xtra missles.

I always hated having to build a 1,000 missle fabs, It would take up the space the size of Wyoming. So my question would be why did you not just stop production? Course I probly know the answer, you still had some missles producing that you wanted, and it is a pain to stop production on a few select ones. One of the things I found that makes such things a bit easier, while I have my missles on auto re Q. the nukes and ICBM's (stuff that takes a year or two to produce). I only have them build 1 run at a time. Then when they finish I then clear the whole Q as I usualy have new designs or new demands for my missle produciton.
Yea I take the files out of the links when I put a new version in so the link becomes un avail. The current released version is burried a few pages back. and I did not put in in the OP becouse it was a beta version.
Strange - I tried modding to over-ride the definition of your Military Complex that takes 215 days to build with one that only takes 12 days to build.

The result was that the MC disappeared from the build list altogether. Then I tried setting "defres" and "No Research" to TRUE - same result.

Guess I'll just have to cheat if I want to build one quickly in a no-supply zone...
You mean create a new cache? I cant remember did I send you a copy of my units file? I think the only way to overide it would be to recache it. Also not sure how the trainers work with my mod.
catatonic
General

Post by catatonic »

Ruges wrote:The reason I went with 50. Is becouse of the defualt missle fabs the USA has. The total missle production that it gives them is the amount that is required to wage a world war under the curent game methods of firing missles...I always hated having to build a 1,000 missle fabs.
1000 per day, per week? My personal experience is on the missile firing side, but I did pass the General Dynamics cruise missile plant in San Diego almost every day on the way to work.

A nation plans its war strategy based upon a specific initial war missile/bomb inventory. The rate at which that inventory is built/maintained is based upon a slow peace-time production rate that can be increased in wartime. I don't know where you got the 1000 figure...
Ruges wrote:So my question would be why did you not just stop production?
The purpose of my post was not to complain that I was able to produce too many missiles. Certainly I could have closed captured missile fabs. But the idea of scrapping a missile fab is just alien to me, after having played so long deprived of sufficient missiles.

My suggestion is that the mod offer fewer missiles. Certainly it is a refreshing experience, early on, to be able to use missiles more freely, with less concern about depletion.

But my experience later in the game was that as I accumulated more and more missile fabs, then I just kept on boosting the production of my most often used misslies, and I was therefore soon be able to simply missile/nuke any region that I wanted to capture.

The immediate solution to any combat challange became - use some missiles. And if that did not succeed then use some more missiles - or some nukes.

Now the same thing could also be said about the over-fabrication of other units such as tanks or fighter aircraft. But these units have a longer build time than missiles, and no AC fab can produce fifty F-22 fighter/bombers at a time.

Catatonic - 2012
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

The nano aircraft fabs can produce 5 (I think its 5) aircraft at a time.
catatonic
General

Post by catatonic »

Ruges wrote:
Catatonic wrote:Strange - I tried modding to over-ride the definition of your Military Complex that takes 215 days to build with one that only takes 12 days to build.

The result was that the MC disappeared from the build list altogether. Then I tried setting "defres" and "No Research" to TRUE - same result...
You mean create a new cache? I think the only way to overide it would be to recache it.
No, I restarted a savegame thru the Lobby and imbedded a &&UNITS override definition of the MC in your .Scenerio file. I have done this successfully before with non-structure units.
I can't remember - did I send you a copy of my units file?
No, but I would love to have one. It would probably require more files than that to build a new cache though.

Catatonic - 2012

Return to “Scenarios, Mods and More - 2020”