no war

With more regions available at once, who will you trade with? Who will you ignore? Will you trade for products, technologies, military designs or treaties? How much will you trade with your future enemies?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Prophetu
Corporal
Human: Yes

no war

Post by Prophetu »

Ok. Here`s the situation.
I managed to get 2 countries to have 100%cb against me. (the likelihood of them attacking me is high..one is at maximum, their population is outraged). But 7 months have passed and nothing...I`m playing on easy diplo and low volatility. I think this is the problem. Is there anyway to change this during a game?
Last edited by Prophetu on Apr 27 2010, edited 1 time in total.
Eldin
Brigadier Gen.

Re: no war

Post by Eldin »

Hit ctrl + shift + s.
Prophetu
Corporal

Post by Prophetu »

Already tried there. I can change almost anything (from diplo, military, critical un to nuclear weapons penalty) but not volatility.
tonystowe
Colonel

Post by tonystowe »

I find that having spies conducting sabotage might help.
Prophetu
Corporal

Post by Prophetu »

I`m using spies :P
I had a line of sight agreement and sent some spies. This is how I got theri cb to 100%. Broke all agreements and then I still used spies many times. After 7 months still nothing...I think I`ll give up and try another game...but I`ll lose around 5 years...so I`m not so happy about it
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Even with high volatility,you can still encounter regions who even with visible reasons to declare on you maxed, will not make the jump and dow you..
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Prophetu
Corporal

Post by Prophetu »

Thanks for all your answers!
I`ll play some more with this game. I can try to make another country atack me. I still have 2 neighbours who like me :))
What diplo setting do you recommend?
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

For maximum mayhem in the worlds and lots of wars in AI vs AI countries go for:
- very high volatility
- very easy diplomacy (makes AI - AI relations much worse so there are far less alliances and much more wars in global. Downside is that AI's will like you more so it will be less likely you will get DOW-ed by AI. This is compensated by the fact that you will have lots of CB against AI so you can DOW them.)
- very easy economy (helps AI a lot)
- no debt (also helps AI economy)
- high approval effects (makes every war declaration give a huge diplomatic penalty with the rest of the world. this option alone can give you some really weird and unusual scenarios in game)
- critical UN

If you want AI to gang up on you switch from very easy diplomacy to very hard diplomacy. That would make AI-AI relations far better, AI-AI wars far less frequent and everyone will hate player.

Return to “Diplomacy - 2020”