Lieutenant

Re: World War 1 Discussion

Post by Darkreaper »

...and the genocide has never ended :D :D :D
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

I refuse to believe Gavrilo Prinzip was the reason of the war. More like an opportunity to overcome bureaucracy and first declaration of war.
I cant play SR2020 well but I still love 2010. Chris will hate me for exploiting his game to death.
Date of Order: 2007-11-15 20:03
Product information:
Supreme Ruler 2010 (1 x 19.99 USD)
3 years baby
Darkreaper
Lieutenant

Post by Darkreaper »

if you want to trace it all back to the first major act that lead to war, then Gavrilo is def it. Of course the rampant nationalism and militaristic ideals of the time would have lead to war eventually, they were all just looking for an excuse. Gavrilos the one who lit the match that blew the powderkeg, but come on how was Ferdinand even a viable target, the guy was a nobody. He shot the man's wife as well. the Black Hand must have considered the ramifications of their actions and Gavrilo as well. So i really have no problems holding him directly responsible
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

Even if Gavrilo wouldn't do it, the war would explode at some time. Sometimes I wonder if Black Hand was quite deep into conspiracy though.
I cant play SR2020 well but I still love 2010. Chris will hate me for exploiting his game to death.
Product information:
3 years baby
Nero
Captain

Post by Nero »

And at end that happend,Slovenia, Croatia and Bosnia Liberated from Austria.
And traded one tyrant a thousand miles away for a thousand tyrants one mile away.
If you define "Liberty" as an imposed outsider monarchy who openly expressed their aims of destroying the Christian Church and all other ways of life then have it your way.
But meh, we're to be blamed for it too, if we didn't have an envoy filled with idiots and their relatives in the ruling elite maybe they would stay liberated.
Not trying to pass nationalistic poo, just being slightly subjectively-objective.
Nikola Serb
Captain
Human: Yes

Post by Nikola Serb »

The Khan wrote:Even if Gavrilo wouldn't do it, the war would explode at some time. Sometimes I wonder if Black Hand was quite deep into conspiracy though.
You're absolutely right! Gavrilo was just an excuse for starting the war, they would have started it sooner or later.
tkobo wrote:
Spetznaz123 wrote: ]
We can never forget our Serbian brothers! :-)
Except when gas and profit are concerned :lol:
You're at the wrong forum, this isn't a forum for *********** (this is only for tkobo, not Americans in general so don't take this seriosly, I in no way hate the American people). Also you're [_]OT !

[Edit by moderator: insults removed. Breaking of forum rules will result in banning. Consider this your one and only warning.]
Dropped by invaders, BOMB RAID IN VAIN!
Vuk-Wolf
Colonel

Post by Vuk-Wolf »

No no u take tkobo wrong...But i must agree at some points that we dont like that jokes lol
Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it.
Lea
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Lea »

One year of propaganda (for example, reminders that Serbs escaped from Russia to Europe twice: Tito and Koshtunitsa) let Russians to start to consider Serbs as USA puppets worse Ukrainians. tkobo is right in something.
In our history it is considered that the war beginning has been predetermined by requirement for the extension of commodity markets, repartition of colonies. Erzherzog murder was a cause.
LebaneseLion
Major

Post by LebaneseLion »

Darkreaper wrote:...and the genocide has never ended :D :D :D
I believe some the Ottoman army starved some of my family which where in the mountains of Lebanon..
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

LebaneseLion wrote:
I believe some the Ottoman army starved some of my family which where in the mountains of Lebanon..
Please elaborate.
Product information:
3 years baby
LebaneseLion
Major

Post by LebaneseLion »

The Khan wrote:
LebaneseLion wrote:
Please elaborate.
somewhere in 1915-17 not sure...it was orally past down

I think it was because we where supporting the French or something like that..
Col_Travis
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Col_Travis »

Mission Space wrote:aside from that..I am very interested in this war..are there any good books on Von Lettow in Africa or the General African campaign, The Pacific Campaign(though no real battles took place except for Qingdao) or even on the Middle Eastern/Caucasian front? and maybe even Balkan?
There are several books about Paul Emil von Lettow-Vorbeck on Amazon.com including his autobiography of his campains in East Africa. As for the causes and how the war was initialy fought, try the books Tannenberg and Dreadnaught, both are excellent and well written. The book the Next War explains many of the political intrige that was happening between France and Russia as well as the secret and illegale treaty between Lord Grey and Winston Churchill with France without the consent or knowledge of the British Crown or Parliment.
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

LebaneseLion wrote: somewhere in 1915-17 not sure...it was orally past down

Well... Sorry but when you support the gangrushing invaders of an Empire, do not expect mercy from the tired and underfed,underpaid military when you lose and get caught. Sorry. I'll be honest, if I'd be there, I wouldn't be too merciful either. But I'd kill quickly rather than starving someone. No one on this planet deserves starvation or thirst.
Product information:
3 years baby
LebaneseLion
Major

Post by LebaneseLion »

The Khan wrote:
LebaneseLion wrote: somewhere in 1915-17 not sure...it was orally past down

Well... Sorry but when you support the gangrushing invaders of an Empire, do not expect mercy from the tired and underfed,underpaid military when you lose and get caught. Sorry. I'll be honest, if I'd be there, I wouldn't be too merciful either. But I'd kill quickly rather than starving someone. No one on this planet deserves starvation or thirst.
According to some sources in Lebanon and families..the Turks weren't able to get to the christian villages in the mountains..because whenever they did they where hunted down :-) So the smart thing was to starve us..not saying this in a good way but it was the only choice
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

Strange. If Lebanese people can go to a mountain, why can't better equipped military?

Strange hearsay by your parents' side, but I can't say anything on that. If anything, I'd rather be happy if everyone would stop picking at us for WW1. We weren't aggressors, besides, any violence committed by our side was at attempts at rebellion after being backstabbed by the very subjects we were obligated to defend.

Also, Armenians did a suckerpunch on our side with Russian support afterwards:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khojaly_Massacre

Strange that the genocide supporters don't even take a glance when its swarthy, Muslim inhabitants being butchered.
The Khojaly Massacre was described by Human Rights Watch as "the largest massacre to date in the conflict" over Nagorno-Karabakh.[19] Memorial, the Moscow-based human rights group, stated in their report that the mass killing of civilians in Khojaly could not be justified under any circumstances and that actions of Armenian militants were in gross violation of a number of basic international human rights conventions.
Heh. These are the innocent Armenians my grandgrandparents apparently killed.
The massacre is also referred to as the Khojaly Genocide (Azerbaijani: Xocalı soyqırımı) and the Khojaly Tragedy (Azerbaijani: Xocalı faciəsi) by the government of Azerbaijan. [24]. Armenian government sources use the terms Battle of Khojaly or the Khojaly event. Western governments and the western media refer to it as the Khojaly Massacre.
I'm calling 1915 deaths as Armenian Event then.
Product information:
3 years baby

Return to “Off Topic Comments”