World War 2 mod

What is the world like in 2020? What are the different ways to play? How can I create my own futuristic scenario and country groupings?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Hullu Hevonen
General

Re: World War 2 mod

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

backes42 wrote:If i add a mod, is it a scenerio? I don't get how these things work?
A mod is a modification for games, programs, computer hardware etc... so yes, by adding a scenario you would of made a mod :-)
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

backes42 wrote:If i add a mod, is it a scenerio? I don't get how these things work?
It all depends where you place the file. Scenarios, Campaigns and Multilayer maps are all built the same way. Check the Supreme Wiki for more modding info.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Vuk-Wolf
Colonel

Post by Vuk-Wolf »

Whoops! No next version yet? 8O
Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Vuk-Wolf wrote:Whoops! No next version yet? 8O
I'm afraid no, i've been too buisy, in sometime future yes :-(
Happy Linux user!
Chesehead
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Chesehead »

Haven't posted in awhile and I may be out of the loop, but looking at your picture, you should take the German's out of the UN. They weren't in the legue of nations (UN predisesor) and the mod starts in 1939, so they wouldn't be part of any giant orginization....
backes42
Warrant Officer

Post by backes42 »

I should have been more specific...If I add this WW2 mod is it just a scenerio? Can i still play the regular game? I am not savvy enough to make a mod. This one sounds like alot of fun I just don't know how to go about playing it.
sa_3_d911
Brigadier Gen.

Post by sa_3_d911 »

backes42 wrote:I should have been more specific...If I add this WW2 mod is it just a scenerio? Can i still play the regular game? I am not savvy enough to make a mod. This one sounds like alot of fun I just don't know how to go about playing it.
yup you can play it
"If I weren't an Egyptian, I would have wished to be an Egyptian" Mostafa kamel

MAY THE SOULS OF THE THOUSANDS WHO GAVE UP THERE MOST PRECIOUS THING FOR US REST IN PEACE ,AMIN
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

backes42 wrote:I should have been more specific...If I add this WW2 mod is it just a scenerio? Can i still play the regular game? I am not savvy enough to make a mod. This one sounds like alot of fun I just don't know how to go about playing it.
Though beaware of the flags, they may replace your old ones
Happy Linux user!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

If you are concerned, make a copy of your entire Supreme Ruler 2020 folder and put the mod in the second folder. Once the game is installed you can make multiple folders set up differently and each will run fine.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Jeff Karlisk
Sergeant

Post by Jeff Karlisk »

I would take the germans, italians, the japanese, and the us out of the un (league of nations)....for one the us was never in the league of nations, neither was germany, japan, or italy after 1933. And when the soviets attack japan...... they were expelled from the lon so you could put an event after they attack finland for that.
~Jeff
alex
Major

Post by alex »

are you suppose to not start with any units or any unit techs or have i done something wrong?
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

alex wrote:are you suppose to not start with any units or any unit techs or have i done something wrong?
Currently we have not made new ww2 orbats(files that tell the game what units countries have) so if the game sould start whit units, then it would be those of 2020. and that would not be realistic. :-)

Modding prosses is on hold currently. We haven't found common free time to work on this mod.
Happy Linux user!
Mission Space
Colonel

Post by Mission Space »

is there any way i can make it use sr2020 units for now?
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Mission Space wrote:is there any way i can make it use sr2020 units for now?
Go to the campaign file, open the correct .scenario file, replace the "yksikko.unit" with DEFAULT.UNIT. then go to the cache folder, delete the correct .sav(and remember the exact name of it) file. recache, place the cached file in the cached folder and rename it to the name the deleted .sav had. should work
Happy Linux user!
Mission Space
Colonel

Post by Mission Space »

Hullu Hevonen wrote:
Mission Space wrote:is there any way i can make it use sr2020 units for now?
Go to the campaign file, open the correct .scenario file, replace the "yksikko.unit" with DEFAULT.UNIT. then go to the cache folder, delete the correct .sav(and remember the exact name of it) file. recache, place the cached file in the cached folder and rename it to the name the deleted .sav had. should work
thanks mate

Return to “Scenarios, Mods and More - 2020”