Global Firepower

Off Topic Comments Area

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Mission Space
Colonel
Human: Yes

Global Firepower

Post by Mission Space »

Would you agree with the Global Firepower Rankings?

http://www.globalfirepower.com/
Kreiger815
Colonel

Re: Global Firepower

Post by Kreiger815 »

They really put a lot of countries too high up there in 30+ category.

A lot of the middle strength nations would probably be arguable.
Mission Space
Colonel

Post by Mission Space »

Like?
Kreiger815
Colonel

Post by Kreiger815 »

31-42 includes Lebanon, with a practically non-existent military, Georgia, who has lost almost all of it's functional military. Nepal is also not very militarily strong. Afghanistan has an almost non-existent mechanized/armored army, and is heavily reliant on our supply of ammunition. Similar can be said of Iraq.

The Philippines should not be ranked that high either, having a very small military.

I find it odd that most of the Balkan Nations are missing(Serbia in particular), and Columbia which has one of the most battle hardened armies in the world.

It'd be hard to say how I would re-order it.
Lea
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Lea »

It is fair numbers for some game and bullshit for reality.
Comparison tanks/planes/barrels quantity it's rubbish. It is necessary to compare military efficiency of formations which can be involved in planned strategic operation.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

WHAT AN INSULT! WE FINNS HAVE MORE FIREPOWER THAN HJEMMEVÄRNET! AND THOSE THAIS! NK SOULD BE HIGHER UP IN THE FOOD CHAIN AMONG OTHERS!
:P
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Mission Space
Colonel

Post by Mission Space »

I'd think Lebanon is up there due to Hezbollah..
LebaneseLion
Major

Post by LebaneseLion »

Lebanon stronger than Switzerland and Jordan woohoo Superpower! lol jk jk That's a bit hard to believe.
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

Pissing and "My gun is bigger lol" contest? Where does Turkey sign?
I cant play SR2020 well but I still love 2010. Chris will hate me for exploiting his game to death.
Date of Order: 2007-11-15 20:03
Product information:
Supreme Ruler 2010 (1 x 19.99 USD)
3 years baby
elie
Corporal

Post by elie »

I THINK LEBANON IS FAIR ENOUGH IN THIS SIMULATION OF FIREPOWER LIKE ALL KNOW , SIMULATION NOT JUST WHAT YOU HAVE AS MILITARY EQUIPMENT , BUT INCLUDE Personnel, Systems,Logistics, Oil,Geographic,Finance .

IF YOU MAKE A LITTLE SEARCH IN FINANCE LEBANON CAN HAVE 6 TO 7 % INCREASE IN FINANCE EACH YEAR EVEN WITH A WAR UPON HIM

IF YOU MAKE A LITTLE SEARCH FOR GEOGRAPHIC SIMULATION LEBANON HAVE THE MOST AGRESSIVE LAND TO HELD A WAR UPON HIM

IF YOU MAKE A LITTLE SEARCH FOR OIL LEBANON DISCOVER OVER 2.5 BILLION OF GAZ AND ABOUT 1.1 MILLION PETROL IN THIER NAVAL COST

IF YOU MAKE A LITTLE SEARCH FOR SYSTEMS U.S.A AND RUSSIA AND IRAN WILL AND SUPPLY LEBANON WITH A VERY GOOD FIREPOWER

IF YOU KNOW LEBANESE PEOPLE AND PERSONNEL THEY ARE VERY AGRRESSIVE AND DON'T SURREND EASILY HAVE AN ACTIVE MILITARY INCREASE EACH YEAR ABOUT 13000 PERSONNEL TRANNED IN USA, FRANCE AND GERMANY .

N.B : LEBANON IF JUST HAVE ANTI AIRCRAFT WILL BE MORE POWERFULL THAN ANY MIDDLE EAST COUNTRY .
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

No shouting please.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Galindo
Lieutenant

Post by Galindo »

I think it makes sense, the list is not about who have the best toys but takes the nation power as a whole, natural resources, geografic size, infra structure(military or possible military use), population and military effetive size and also economical power(government purchase power), it doesn't take political and diplomatic power but I thing that it's just not possible to measure this, just like it's not possible to measure "military efficience" things like strategy, dicipline and such(but it counts military experience). But it's definitely just for entertainment purposes.

"It is hardly a super-accurate scientific measurement of military strengths but still entertaining to consider at the very least."
- GlobalFirePower.com

BTW Brazil's going to 5th in the coming years... just wait... (and without waging war on anybody)
=D
"Ordem e Progresso"
elie
Corporal

Post by elie »

that's what i mean in my words , you can't measure strengths in an accurate way , but also to respect all nations strength , casue when you respect other's other's will respect you , if you take an example, isreal in 2006 didn't respect lebanon strength, for that they took heavy losses in 30 days and retreat without make any of their goals in this war .

N.B : isreal ranked 11 but lebanon ranked 42 .
LebaneseLion
Major

Post by LebaneseLion »

elie wrote:I THINK LEBANON IS FAIR ENOUGH IN THIS SIMULATION OF FIREPOWER LIKE ALL KNOW , SIMULATION NOT JUST WHAT YOU HAVE AS MILITARY EQUIPMENT , BUT INCLUDE Personnel, Systems,Logistics, Oil,Geographic,Finance .

IF YOU MAKE A LITTLE SEARCH IN FINANCE LEBANON CAN HAVE 6 TO 7 % INCREASE IN FINANCE EACH YEAR EVEN WITH A WAR UPON HIM

IF YOU MAKE A LITTLE SEARCH FOR GEOGRAPHIC SIMULATION LEBANON HAVE THE MOST AGRESSIVE LAND TO HELD A WAR UPON HIM

IF YOU MAKE A LITTLE SEARCH FOR OIL LEBANON DISCOVER OVER 2.5 BILLION OF GAZ AND ABOUT 1.1 MILLION PETROL IN THIER NAVAL COST

IF YOU MAKE A LITTLE SEARCH FOR SYSTEMS U.S.A AND RUSSIA AND IRAN WILL AND SUPPLY LEBANON WITH A VERY GOOD FIREPOWER

IF YOU KNOW LEBANESE PEOPLE AND PERSONNEL THEY ARE VERY AGRRESSIVE AND DON'T SURREND EASILY HAVE AN ACTIVE MILITARY INCREASE EACH YEAR ABOUT 13000 PERSONNEL TRANNED IN USA, FRANCE AND GERMANY .

N.B : LEBANON IF JUST HAVE ANTI AIRCRAFT WILL BE MORE POWERFULL THAN ANY MIDDLE EAST COUNTRY .
Are you Lebanese?
elie
Corporal

Post by elie »

yes, lebanese

Return to “Off Topic Comments”