Request for clarification/information, possible suggestion?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

arquebus_x
Captain
Human: Yes

Request for clarification/information, possible suggestion?

Post by arquebus_x »

(From a conversation on the Discord channel)

What is the exact interaction between the Resource Supply slider (export/neutral/import) and the Industry Production slider(s) (demand/capacity)?

We've noticed that when you set the supply slider to import, the production slider will go back to 100% cap regardless of where you've set it. This suggests that the supply slider takes priority over the production slider.

However, there is a use case that doesn't seem to be feasible under these conditions. Is there an easy way to turn off all production but still have merchant AI importation of that resource? (Currently the only way I've found is by turning off the facilities themselves, which can take a while and is tedious.)

For example, I would like to be able to turn off Finished Goods production to save energy, but still have the Merchant AI import finished goods so that I don't go to zero stock. If I set the supply slider above neutral, the industry capacity slider goes to 100%. If I move it from 100%, by the next day turnover it goes back to 100% if the supply slider is still above neutral.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Request for clarification/information, possible suggestion?

Post by Balthagor »

This doesn't sound like the intended behaviour. We'll test this and get back to you. Ticket 32091 started.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “General Discussion - GR”