Method for regular on-interval transfer of resources from one colony to another or to homeworld?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

arquebus_x
Captain
Human: Yes

Method for regular on-interval transfer of resources from one colony to another or to homeworld?

Post by arquebus_x »

Ok, question about what to do with an energy crisis (or any resource crisis really). So my homeworld has no energy. I have two lava world colonies that are producing a LOT of energy with collectors. What's the most efficient way to get them to transfer that energy back to the homeworld? I haven't identified an automated method that directly transfers energy on a regular basis. I know the Merchant AI will buy/sell on a per-colony basis but that's an indirect method. And I know I can do diplomatic trades from the colonies to homeworld. And, finally, I know that I can set up the planetary governors to automate production/trade with the Merchant AI. But is there a way to tell my colonies to send their surplus energy (or any other resource) to a specific other colony or homeworld? And by this I mean on a regular schedule, not on a case by case basis with diplomatic trades.

Secondary question: is there a way to see what is currently in orbital storage or in a spaceport?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Method for regular on-interval transfer of resources from one colony to another or to homeworld?

Post by Balthagor »

This is another issue we're planning to look into. Ticket 31473.

From the recon dept., double click on your spaceport, you can see what crates it has. There are no goods "stored" in the spaceport or orbital storage, the actual stock of commodities is stored in an formula of the game, shown as your stock levels.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
arquebus_x
Captain

Re: Method for regular on-interval transfer of resources from one colony to another or to homeworld?

Post by arquebus_x »

Suggestion: have a "fill shortages" command that you can give to your civilian transports that would have them go through your empire and transport goods automatically from one world to another - basically an internal Merchant AI. Maybe it would require a particular treaty item to allow the transports to go to a given colony. The value of doing it explicitly with transports instead of as an abstraction would be that enemy factions could disrupt those supply lines, forcing the player to pay attention to transport security.

Return to “General Discussion - GR”