Engineers and other land units

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

Pordy
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Engineers and other land units

Post by Pordy »

Hello!
First of all i have to mention that i am taking into consideration everything i say in the perspective of a multiplayer game.
I would like to start talking about the engineers.

In SRU since that's a historical war game I could happily live with the absolute unnecessary and useless units.
But in GR I don't see the reason to have those.

Look at the stats of the engineer unit. A minimal self-defense capability is obvious. That's perfectly fine, because it should contain heavy construction machines and other handful equipment, not combat vehicles.

My question is:
Why it is needed to have more tier on engineer unit. There is the MKI and MKII version. They have a minimal difference on stats, almost both combat incapable.
If there was no intention to create an SRU type combat engineer, where at least the close combat and defense stats were cool, the only reason to have those units is the ability to support construction.
The construction ability effect only scales up with the unit strength, but MKI and MKII has the same strength, so usefulness of their ability is the same.

I suggest either remove MK II and keep MKI as a vulnerable engineer unit, or create a real combat engineer, which scales up in stats with the higher tiered units.

Return to “General Discussion - GR”