Found a wy that seems to avoid crashes

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Found a wy that seems to avoid crashes

Post by tkobo »

Save every 5 minutes or so, exit ,and load save.Seems to clear out whatever is "lagging" everything down.
Also save and do the above after everytime you , look at an area thats having a huge battle.

Using this method, ive been able to land about 16 stacks of 7 transports,and give orders to thier units.And it seems to work everytime.So ill probably be able to land the 30ish stacks of transports i need to get an upper hand.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Re: Found a wy that seems to avoid crashes

Post by tkobo »

Had one crash, happened during a transport stack unload,was non-repeatable.
Chuckle TM
CeaganP
BattleGoat Team
Human: Yes

Post by CeaganP »

That's really interesting. Recently we implemented a change that on save/load it clears out all visual effects so you don't have any carry over. That's really great to know it does resolve this problem.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

The save pause is pretty minor, which had me just thinking yesterday about "if" you could sneak some "sweep" functions in there....

*activate facilities -i tend to run out of manpower on a regular but temporary basis a lot.Then i have to hunt down any facilities that completed building at that time ,to activate them one at a time.An optional setting that when on did a sweep of all in-active facilities and tried to activate them would be great.If this could be done without a huge impact on save pause,i would find it very helpful.

*Start repairs -theres already a function, but it doesnt seem to work.A sweep of facilities for this like above would also be of great help.
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Im now at a point where ive pretty much broken the enemies back, killed 5k plus of his units , and the game is running very smoothy .Three hours almost constant combat on 3 fronts, no crashes.
Chuckle TM
CeaganP
BattleGoat Team

Post by CeaganP »

Beautiful, I'm really glad that you aren't experiencing more crashes, hopefully that means we resolved the majority of the crashes. I think I was able to identify another VFX issue that has potential to cause crashes, got it resolved so it should be even MORE stable next update.

In addition to our auto-repair being planet/system based (not definitive on functionality) you are thinking an "auto activate facilities" would work? I'm not sure if that is more useful as a toggle so the AI always turns your inactive facilities into active facilities or if it's more useful as a button to perform a sweep on all inactive cities.

If we are doing this sweeping function or option for activation I don't imagine it would be too much more work for us to take a look into the start repairs button to make sure it works the same.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

One more crash, very heavy city to city combat ,in like 8 cities ,tons of explosions.....Pretty sure it was the explosions.A bit of stutter when they covered the area, then more stutter, then crash.
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

finished the world with over 9k units deployed on my end,on that one world , plus whatever was still around of the enemy. Not a single crash in the last 5 hour session
Chuckle TM
CeaganP
BattleGoat Team

Post by CeaganP »

Wow that's incredible. I think we're moving in the right direction for stabilizing a lot of these effects.

Return to “General Discussion - GR”