Announcing Galactic Ruler

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

George Geczy
General

Announcing Galactic Ruler

Post by George Geczy »

BattleGoat Studios is proud today to announce Galactic Ruler, a new strategy title from the creators of the Supreme Ruler series. "Since the release of Supreme Ruler 2010 almost fifteen years ago, our team and players have discussed the possibility of applying the game system we created to a space setting", shared Lead Programmer and Co-Founder George Geczy. "Having developed our game engine and gameplay mechanics over all this time, we finally saw a path to making this goal a reality."

Players will now be able to expand their planetary battles into the space around their homeworld, and from their home system they can expand further within a custom-generated galaxy. The possibilities are endless with options for galaxy size, system density and a variety of alien races to play as or against.

Galactic Ruler offers real-time strategy game play at both the planetary level and in space. Lead your faction in diplomacy or conquest across a unique galactic map where any system might hold hostile enemies or resource riches. Harness needed resources and develop advanced technology to rule the galaxy in the latest offering from BattleGoat Studios.

Game Features
  • Procedurally generated galaxies, systems and planets for a new and unique experience with each new game
  • Customizable galaxy size and density, supporting games featuring dozens of systems and hundreds of planets that can be explored and exploited
  • Develop your planets to gain the resources needed to grow your empire
  • Research improvements to your military, social and economic capabilities
  • Negotiate treaties and form alliances with alien factions
  • Trade with other factions to acquire the goods and weapons needed for your empire
  • Sophisticated Real-Time Strategic and Tactical control of your forces
  • Engage in large-scale planetary battles and epic space conflicts
  • Venture from your home planet to forge an empire of colonies all under your direct control
  • Choose your level of control - Make all decisions or use your AI to assist
  • Multiplayer support for up to 15 players
Galactic Ruler is a real-time space strategy game for the PC planned for release in the second quarter of 2020 on Steam and other digital distribution platforms.

Steam Store Page Link:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1138440

Announcement Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdBROy_48qI
Fistalis
General
Human: Yes

Re: Announcing Galactic Ruler

Post by Fistalis »

things that make you say hmmm
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

The one thing, above all else I would ask for; Do not include anything which the player cannot see in game. Everything should have a tool tip text message to explain why a = b.

If a pop up asks me to support or condemn planet A, that pop up should tell me what will happen, exactly, for each choice.

If I build a production facility and it is not producing at max capacity the interface should tell me why, what is limiting it.

If I hover over a resource node which may change the amount found/produced I should get feedback as to what its current output is vs it's maximum. It should also tell me what/when/how to achieve maximum output.

Will spaceships work as Naval units do now? Will they need to dock for repairs, use fuel, etc. If they are low on fuel will they head to the nearest source or head to the last space port docked at?

Will there be advances in satellite tech to allow one to place probe/scout sats off planet between factions to work as tripwires/spy/recon sats?

Will the SDI, as proposed by Ronaldus Magnus, be available to place in space/commerce lanes/defend planets. Planetary defenses of any kind?

How will transportation work? If I have units on planet A, base X, how will the system transport them to planet B, base Y? I am thinking of the ai sending units down Russian rivers to get to SE Asia, now it needs to navigate planets/solar systems.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Ricent1
Captain

Post by Ricent1 »

Q2 is almost here and I am anxious for the release. Is there a more exact release date yet? I hope things are running smoothly. Thanks. :-)
Ricent1
Captain

Post by Ricent1 »

Will the coronavirus outbreak slow down the release of Galactic Ruler?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Unknown at this time. There is still not enough information to know if we're going to be affected for 6 weeks or 12 months. For now our workflow hasn't been impacted much, we can work from home reasonably well.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Balthagor wrote: Apr 04 2020 Unknown at this time. There is still not enough information to know if we're going to be affected for 6 weeks or 12 months. For now our workflow hasn't been impacted much, we can work from home reasonably well.
Can you share one star data screen, one colonizable planet info screen and one barren planet info screen??
Please teach AI everything!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

The design on those screens isn't done yet, not ready for sharing.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “General Discussion - GR”