Most fun game ever? / AAR UK saves the World from Russia

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

number47
General
Human: Yes

Re: Most fun game ever?

Post by number47 »

GIJoe597 wrote:Missiles inbound, I have the game paused so I have no idea what happens next, do I loose more ships?
Damn the torpedos! Full speed ahead!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

I never unpaused yet, saved it and quit out. :) I will re start again soon and see if I do lose more shipping.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Still waiting but as I notice you started a new endeavor, it makes me sad I'll never see you prevail in this scenario :cry:
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Well it was just one of my "fun" games to pass time, I never intended it to be an AAR. But I still have the save, still paused right there, you want a copy? :)

I might un-pause it one day.

As far as a new endeavor goes, I actually have 3 or 4 games ongoing at the moment. Two are China where I take very different approaches. I have come to the conclusion that new players should play China, it cannot loose. It seems like a huge undertaking but the size of China and its economy make it extremely easy.

And, I am always open to a multiplayer game of 2020 played as a Geo-Political, but the game is old now, people have moved on and no one likes that type of game anyway they all just want to kill, maim and destroy. :)

GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Recap:

Russia dominates 70% of the world, seemingly unstoppable. The one beacon of hope is The United Kingdom. As always, she stands firm on her island fortress, coastlines bristling with AA units, the waters off her coasts diligently patrolled by Royal Navy Submarines. After years of holding the island against the Russian onslaught the Royal Navy has embarked on a globe spanning campaign of liberation. Every far flung possession of Russia has been liberated and now is under the protection of Her Majesty’s forces.

British commanders puzzled over the perfect location to strike back against the mainland Russian holdings. In the end, it was decided to force a landing in eastern Siberia. The route and logistics were arduous and ridden with peril. The plan called for using the military base on Adak in the Aleutian Islands as a staging point to launch into Siberia. While the U.S.A. was an ally, they declined to actually get involved in any of the fighting. This was very unfortunate because as of this update they are the richest country in the world, with $26,041,782m sitting in their treasury while we struggle with daily costs AND hold the Bear at bay.

So be it, this is not the first time England has stood alone against tyranny!

Present time:

England has been holding on to our beach head tenuously, barely able to stem the Russian hordes streaming at our lines. This was only accomplished with a combination of Aircraft, Naval and land units. Now however, the Russians have been sending in concentrated air attacks slowly but surely decimating the Royal Navy. Several vessels have been lost, almost all of the Royal Air Force in Siberia has been badly mauled and the land units alone cannot hold the line…

A desperate plan to knock out these air attacks was set in motion….

Apr 8th 2038

Barrages of anti-ship missiles were inbound, this time however, the Royal Navy had been ordered to ignore land targets and concentrate on inbound missiles. We also had the additional interceptors from the home island on hand now. Although they had been requested to help overwhelm Petropavlovsk they came in handy as additional missiles interception units. Finally, we had a full wing of F-35C CV repaired and stationed back on the only functional Fleet carrier we still possessed.

All of these units working in tandem with the state of the art Advanced Radar Station enabled us to survive this wave without any losses. We all cheered and breathed a mighty sigh of relief.

We waited tensely for another Russian wave, none came.. after a week, we starting standing down and continuing our preparations for the assault on the Petropavlovsk Air base and town.

Apr 27th 2038

We finally have the task force readied and prepared to sortie…

The entire endeavor is undertaken to ensure this one transport with 7ea brigades of Special Forces II can make it to the Russian Air Field. Everything else is secondary and all other units are considered expendable…

number47
General

Post by number47 »

Yay!!!!!!!! :-)
notus
Lieutenant

Post by notus »

Wonderfull stuff! Keep up the good work
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Apr 28th

On the day we were scheduled to sail for Petropavlovsk Russian ground forces began an assault against our front line west of our bases. The T-17L Polar Bears and SB2-LOS surged forward. Our ground forces, although dug in and well prepared could not hold the line.

We had to postpone the amphibious invasion and order the RN to start shelling Russian ground forces again. In addition we used all available Terra Lamp Multi Role fighters to wade into the fray, working in tandem with AB1-Swansea Stealth Bombers we were able to push the Russian line back and thwart their attack.

Sir Ian Wellington, Air Vice Marshal of Bomber Command raised the issue of future ground pushes once the main bulk of our forces set sail for Petropavlovsk. He pointed out his bombers, although they pack a potent punch, were not able to defend themselves nor stem the tide alone. After due consideration, Royal Air Force’s HQ Air Command situated at Naphill in Buckinghamshire decided to keep all forces in the current beachhead until a “buffer zone” could be established. The goal was to push the Russ back far enough that a sudden surge would not threaten our holdings while the fleet was away.

May 1st

On this day, combined forces of the RN, RAF and British Army units began a systematic campaign to push the Russ back from our lines and give us some breathing room. The events of the previous months had been running on news casts back home almost daily. There was little to cheer about since the Russian Federation went on a war footing. Most commentators agree it all started back when Russia decided it needed to “save” the Crimea from Ukrainian aggression. It seemed like a small thing then, oh there was much saber rattling and gnashing of teeth, but in the end, nothing was done. Russia, emboldened kept chipping away at its neighbors, one by one. Till one day they launched an all out assault across the width and breadth of Asia and Western Europe.

Of course the brave men and women fighting in one of the most desolate places on earth had no idea what was going on back at home. Unbeknownst to them, they were unanimously hailed as heroes fighting to liberate the world. The British Bulldog, beat, but not beaten, cautious but still with a bite, taking on the Russian Bear. These stories made headlines in England and across the rest of the unaligned nations. A rising tide of support was sweeping the world, most noticeable from the Commonwealth of Nations (Formerly the British Commonwealth).

Fighting men, women and equipment from many of the Commonwealth nations were trickling into the home islands. Particularly from India and S. Africa which had already fallen before the Russian onslaught.

5th May

A secret communique arrived at Siberian HQ indicating Australia had been following our battles closely in the news and enough was enough. They were dispatching 4ea DDG-294 Province and 4 ea state of the art DD-441 McKenzie DDG guided missile destroyers which specialized in Air Defense. They were further giving us 2ea MIM-210 THAAD ERINT AA brigades. Unfortunately the Aussies acknowledged they had no ground unit that could present a problem to the Russians, never the less they assured us of their 100% backing.

It was agreed, the combined forces in Siberia would begin their push while waiting on the Aussie assets to arrive and bolster the fleet defenses.

7th May

By the 7th it was clear this push was taxing our industrial capability to produce munitions, fuel, lubricants etc. required by our forces. It was costing us about 280m pounds a day to import the quantities we required. This was just the start, how would we maintain our growing forces as we liberate more and more territory?

Tentatively, we reached out to many of the remaining neutral countries inquiring about Military Goods. Sadly, not a single one had excess, and on checking the numbers worldwide, we notice the UK is actually number two in production for MG, while our enemy, the Russ is number 1. Seeing no help externally, we had no choice but to commission the construction of new Military Goods factories. Not wanting to cluster our industry for fear of a Russian strike, we settled on Chester as the location for 6ea MG factories. We recognize this will further strain our economy, one already reeling under current demands, but what else could we do, give up? Never! Sacrifices must be made.

8th May

As more Russian units surged against our lines it seemed they must be getting supply from air drops. Once again we switched Fighter Command to sweep the skies and destroy the resupply aircraft. Sadly there was no resupply aircraft found, instead a long line of Russian forces heading our way, despite the low infrastructure and availability of supply.

10th May

Suddenly, Russian fighters appeared once again armed with Anti-Ship missiles, MIG-41 Foxhunts, 12 squadrons swarmed in. This was unexpected and RN and RAF crews had ground units as a priority, quickly they were ordered back to air defense status. One of the Civilian cargo ships is hit in the first wave, it is ordered to port for repairs, limping alone with a 25 degree list to port. A 2nd Cargo vessel is sunk, desperate to save what we can the RN ships are at full steam and swerving as much as they can.

TheCyab6a
Lt. Colonel

Post by TheCyab6a »

GIJoe597 wrote:And, I am always open to a multiplayer game of 2020 played as a Geo-Political, but the game is old now, people have moved on and no one likes that type of game anyway they all just want to kill main and destroy. :)
iv always liked to play the game that way i never once took the world i lost all interest when all the big guys were gone alot of time id start a mp game myself go around to all the big nations build there forces to the best they had then play as who i wanted that was always more fun for me. never liked the idea of singapore declareing war on china the first day.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

I am available to play a Geo Political game of SR 2020. Although I confess to not wanting to play such a game unless there is voice chat. I have learned that some MP games featuring multiple people are actually just me and another with 1 or more alts logged in. The alts do nothing but pump resources and units into the "main". So, for me, voice chat is a must if more than 2 people are in a game.

That being typed, if interested, let me know.

Concerning this AAR, I am currently heavily involved in Masters of the World and other endeavors, but I will revisit this within a few weeks at the most, hopefully.

GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

May 10th 2038

The Naval assets sent by Australia have arrived at the Home Islands and are being refit and repaired as the circuitous path they took to stay away from Russian eyes lead through the outskirts of a Category 4 Hurricane.

May 11 2038

Russian aircraft stream in yet again launching their devastating AS-17 Krypton AS Missiles. These travel at 1000kmh and are launched from under 70km away, as you can imagine not a lot of time to react.
The third merchant vessel was hit in this wave and is also ordered to port.

This time we were still in Air Defense Mode and managed to knock down an estimated 16 Russian Fighters. This one Squadron, being the last to arrive and hence leave, was hit very hard. As you can see 14 fighters were destroyed from it.

We lost 6 of our Terra Lamps in that attack.

Later that same day another wave came in, this time consisting of only one squadron of Foxhunts. Perhaps we were making a dent after all.

Alas, it was a ploy, as soon as we were concentrating on the one squadron, four more came in and let missiles fly. Within seconds a 5th squadron came thundering in overland, catching everyone by surprise. This attacking from multiple vectors was taxing us greatly and was not expected as we were positioned to defend from the SW.

12 may 2038

Finally some good news, our scientists have made a breakthough, Laser Cannons. This brings us one step closer to fielding a new Main Battle tank, the TE-3B.

We decide to order research into Airborne Laser. This should come in handy with fighting in Siberia. We do not have the Missile Fabrication facilities to match the Russians missile for missile and this will allow us to use sustainable weapons systems which never need resources.

number47
General

Post by number47 »

Sneaky AI, making ploy attacks to distract you :D Glad you foothold is becoming secure :D
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Not sure I would go that far, on land it is touch and go and as you can see in the air it is also dicey. We really need those additional assets from Australia to be repaired and moved to Siberia.

Remember the small amount of fabs Britain has, I feel every loss deeply whereas the Russ can shrug off losses. I will touch on some issues outside of the immediate Siberian area next update.

GIJoe597
Board Admin

Re: Most fun game ever? / AAR UK saves the World from Russia

Post by GIJoe597 »

World Update

12 May 2038

Russia has conquered Mainland Europe, Middle East, Asia, Africa. She has fleets patrolling all the world’s oceans. There is only one beacon of hope left, Great Britain. She alone is attempting to halt and reverse the Russian Hordes.

As you can see, there are two holdouts left in the Russian Federation territory.
Cyprus - not at war with Russia
Yemen –not at war with Russia

North America

The United States - The only country left that could match the Russian Federation in a stand up fight. She has the resources and technology to compete on an even footing. The U.S.A. is by far the richest country in the world with $26,188,454M in the treasury, the 2nd place country, Canada, only has $2,978,791M.

Despite heated negotiations, George Thompson, President of The U.S.A., refuses to get involved in what he calls, “…yet another European war…”.

We point to our numerous treaties as well as historical bindings in our attempt to sway them to our side. We argue, what is the point of a "Formal Alliance” if it is not honored when needed? While the U.S.A. assures us, they will come to our defense IF our Island is invaded, they stand firm on their position of non-involvement.

Canada - Refuses to actively engage in combat, however, there is rising popular support to send equipment and other essentials to support Great Britain. Canada is enjoying a booming economy, as noted above, and is the 2nd most prosperous nation on Earth. Most importantly, at this time, she has vast resources of Uranium, which we lack. We have no desire to use Nuclear Weapons, but, should the unthinkable happen and our Island is under attack, we will use all necessary forces at our disposal.

Canada continues to improve its Military and Technology.

Western Pacific

Japan – At war with Russia and an ally to us. As you may recall, back in Dec of 2032, Russia sent a huge Naval Force against Japan. During this large scale fleet action virtually all of the Japanese Navy was sunk and their Air Force swept from the skies.

Currently, with the help we were able to provide, they have a robust Navy and Air Force again. Those forces are deployed around the islands in well supplied defensive positions only. There are no patrols roaming near Russian territory.

Below is an example of pockets of forces Japan has positioned around its borders;
Note the US Designed SSN-773. Perhaps the U.S.A. is providing support to Japan behind the scenes, despite what they are telling us? The Japanese isles were physically invaded at one time by Russia; the U.S.A. may have seen fit to provide assistance at that time.

Years of war have devastated the landscape and Timber is a rare commodity.

Taiwan – Third richest nation on Earth. They are at war with Russia, however, there is no active combat of any kind despite their close proximity.

They have many of our Challenger III Tanks as part of their Defense Forces and continue to upgrade their Weapons Systems.

South Pacific

Philippines – At war with Russia, no active combat, outdated units and failing Economy.
Indonesia – At war with Russia, Russian naval units control the northern Littoral waters as well as the smaller islands east of the mainland. There appears to be no active combat at the moment. They are allied with us and we have Line of Sight, and yet we see no Naval Forces at all. It is very probable, Russian Federation Forces have annihilated the Indonesian Navy.

A review of the News indicates there is active fighting and they are suffering shortages.

We are reminded we had sent a Flotilla of SSN-20 Astute Subs to aid in the defense of Indonesia earlier at the request of their leader Meutia Effendi. Russian Naval forces were indeed rampaging around the islands and we sent the single Flotilla to assist in clearing their shores. We cleared all of the Russian Naval forces we could locate, then went silent in one of their major transit areas.

The remaining countries have nothing to report and so far are not involved in any meaningful way in the war.

Minor Note: Russian Naval units based at the former French holding of Mamoudzou, near Comoros had been shelling the main Comoros city of Mutsamudu and had reduced it and its defense units to almost nonexistent. Earlier, we had sent our single Carrier Battle Group to Siberia, as it passed these islands we were able to engage the Russian Forces and eliminate them. We did not have time to assault the Islands as we were desperately needed in Siberia.
We now note the island is slowly rebuilding and they have erected a statue of GIJoe in the town square.

Next Update: The long awaited assault on Petropavlovsk!

GIJoe597
Board Admin

Re: Most fun game ever? / AAR UK saves the World from Russia

Post by GIJoe597 »

Delay: I got side tracked in another game where China is rampaging through Europe. Their sole ally is Russia.

Return to “After Action Reports”