War against zombies

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

DesTryke
Sergeant
Human: Yes

War against zombies

Post by DesTryke »

This story is from my modification. The game settings are the same as the default in this scenario, but the weather is disabled and the destruction of units when capturing the country is enabled.

I play for the UK. After a whole series of outbreaks of zombie infection in different parts of the world, the zombie infection has reached my country. The first city that was swallowed up by the infection was Manchester, realizing the seriousness of the situation, I immediately deployed an army around the city and declared quarantine. When it became obvious that the city could not be held, I ordered my aircraft to launch regular strikes on the city in order to destroy the infected.
1.jpg
Unfortunately, after a few days, more and more information began to come in about the losses in the army, while the zombies easily made up for their losses by converting the population and my soldiers, so the decision was made to retreat.
2.jpg
Based on the geography of the area, it was decided to leave the entire urban agglomeration in the Manchester area and retreat to cities from which troops can easily see and destroy hordes of zombies in the field. In parallel with this, several NATO divisions arrived as support, by this time there were actually similar outbreaks of infection throughout Europe, but countries have so far managed to contain them.
4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DesTryke
Sergeant

Re: War against zombies

Post by DesTryke »

Also, to prevent re-infection on the island, the Eurotunnel connecting the UK with continental Europe was blown up in advance.
3.jpg
After some time, it became noticeable that the horde began to accumulate in the megahorde and move to the northwest. Although my army is not in an advantageous position in this position due to the uncovered supply road, I decided to take the main battle here. An avalanche of hundreds of thousands of zombies hit these two cities.
5.jpg
After repulsing this attack with heavy losses, I began preparations for a counteroffensive to save the survivors from the zombies and restore order in the streets of the abandoned cities. Unfortunately, there were still a large number of zombies in some cities, and the military command insisted that it was better to launch a nuclear strike on some cities first in order to reduce losses among the military and increase the chances of a successful offensive...
7.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DesTryke
Sergeant

Post by DesTryke »

The offensive was successful, with all survivors being tested for infection. Restoring order cost the United Kingdom heavy military losses, it became obvious that the country needed to be completely rebuilt and created, almost from scratch, such a war economy that could cope with tens of millions of zombies.
8.jpg
After two and a half years, I managed to create a completely closed economy. People had to forget about many social guarantees and a coal cloud of smoke rose over London again, but people know why they endure and do all this. Hundreds of millions of survivors remain off the island, forced to live in constant hunger and fear. To save them, Britain made a new industrial breakthrough, abolishing the 8-hour day and lowering the working age to 12 years. The state created controlled monopolies that constantly kept domestic prices high so that people would not think about overconsumption and make every effort to save humanity.
Screenshot_1.jpg
Military production also did not stand still. Based on the mistakes made in the past and the weaknesses of the zombies, it was decided to create a fully armored motorized army that would operate under the cover of special chemical and nuclear weapons. The entire aviation industry produced strategic bombers to destroy large hordes of zombies.
Screenshot_2.jpg
DesTryke
Sergeant

Post by DesTryke »

A little over 3 years after the first outbreak in Manchester, the UK has multiplied its army and increased the production of various types of weapons and ammunition by about 56 times.
Screenshot_4.jpg
Screenshot_5.jpg
As a result, it was decided to conduct an amphibious assault in France. It was also secretly decided not to recognize the power of the governments remaining in Europe, therefore, according to the order, all authorities and self-governments encountered on the way were recognized as hostile and subject to liquidation with the establishment of the British government.
Screenshot_6.jpg
DesTryke
Sergeant

Post by DesTryke »

The British troops, who had been preparing for years, were able to gain a foothold on the continent with few losses. The tactics of nuclear strikes and strategic bombing gave the expected result, unfortunately some cities were destroyed or almost completely destroyed. The population of Paris after the zombie apocalypse and cleansing from the infected was reduced to 44 thousand people. The British army cleared the Iberian Peninsula and France of infected and illegal governments.
Screenshot_7.jpg
The next phase of the offensive turned out to be harder due to the fact that hordes of zombies, following the outbreaks of nuclear explosions, began to attract hordes from other parts of the world in a domino effect. British troops had to use about ten million tons of various types of ammunition to get to Eastern Europe. Istanbul and the bridges leading to Europe were destroyed by massive strategic air strikes to prevent the passage of zombies along this route.
Screenshot_8.jpg
DesTryke
Sergeant

Post by DesTryke »

With about half a billion zombies destroyed and Europe unified, it became clear that the British government could not control even more territory on its own. Therefore, it was decided to stop at the Ural Mountains and the Caucasus in order to build walls there and build an “ideal society” in Europe, whose inhabitants will always sacrifice themselves and their well-being for the sake of “common survival”.
Screenshot_9.jpg
Screenshot_10.jpg

Return to “After Action Reports”