Unit class

Have a question about how to mod something? Or have an issue with one of our mod tools? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

Nandu
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Unit class

Post by Nandu »

Can I create a new unit class? For example - satellites. And if so, how can a certain building be given the opportunity to build them?
___
Or is there another method to make it so that several unique units are built in only one unique building?
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Unit class

Post by evildari »

short answer No:

tried to add a class no 22 - but to no avail - whatever i tried it did not show - maybe just a limit of hardcoded ui-setting or that "out-of-range" entries were discarded after being read.
At least not a single CTD in my attempts.

But you can use the facility class for such units - but i do not know if the computer player will also build it: - building of facilities seems not to be affected
to have:
1. this unitclass - set your unitclass to 21
2. to have a unique building: copy ie the landproduction facility and set its uBuildClassMask to 2097152 (22digits bitmask with a single 1)
3. to even see this class for production you need to change UISettings.csv: one of the classmaskentries and add the value mentioned in 2. to one of these entries - then the "facility" class will be visible in the corresponding subarmy-type. (in my screenshot i used my earlier test with higher value so it displayed more icons and text - the data in the production is already filtered by the game)
4. in \Localize\LOCAL<whatever>\Variables.ini you can change the name for this unitclass
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Nandu
Warrant Officer

Re: Unit class

Post by Nandu »

Thank you. I will test.

Return to “Modding Issues & Support”