Adding unit designs to a country in an existing save file?

Have a question about how to mod something? Or have an issue with one of our mod tools? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

Rayhawk11
Corporal
Human: Yes

Adding unit designs to a country in an existing save file?

Post by Rayhawk11 »

I wanted to make US units accessible to Colombia in the SR1936 Sandbox scenario. I did this by editing the .cvp file as shown here, adding U to Colombia's worldavail: https://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19569. When I start a new Sandbox 1936 as Colombia, I can research US units as expected. Is there any way I can make this work for my existing save file based on this scenario? I'd rather not start a new game to have this take effect.
Zuikaku
General

Re: Adding unit designs to a country in an existing save file?

Post by Zuikaku »

Unfortunately, no.
Please teach AI everything!
Rayhawk11
Corporal

Post by Rayhawk11 »

Hmm, I wasn't ready to give up yet. I tried adding a &&CVP block to the end of the SR1936 Sandbox Scenario, and it worked.... but not when using my current save file as a cache. Does SRU produce any crash/error logs or is this truly a dead end?
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Rayhawk11 wrote: May 31 2020 Hmm, I wasn't ready to give up yet. I tried adding a &&CVP block to the end of the SR1936 Sandbox Scenario, and it worked.... but not when using my current save file as a cache. Does SRU produce any crash/error logs or is this truly a dead end?
Its been asked on discord, you cannot edit save files as they have some weird format.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Rayhawk11
Corporal

Post by Rayhawk11 »

Hm, gotcha.... related question, anyone know what could happen editing DEFAULT.UNIT that would cause all economic complexes to stop working? Apparently adding #include MODDEDDEFAULT.unit to a scenario file's post-cache stage actually works, so I plan on doing that to make the modifications I want... but while my new MODDEDDEFAULT.unit (as the name implies, a modified DEFAULT.unit) has the correct equipment changes, economic buildings are totally trashed. I haven't #included MODDEDDEFAULT.unit twice, right now I'm just testing the SR1936 sandbox scenario using MODDEDDEFAULT.unit in place of DEFAULT.unit.

Edit: NEVER MIND, guys. I give up. I know what's wrong, I was using a weird hack suggested in some other thread that might work. It did not work.

Return to “Modding Issues & Support”