Scenario Creator not working

Have a question about how to mod something? Or have an issue with one of our mod tools? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

arakan94
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Scenario Creator not working

Post by arakan94 »

Scenario Creator (SC) doesn't launch for me. When I start the tools, the "select tool" dialog appears. Choosing SC does nothing. Asset Manager works without issue.

I tried:
  • verifying files in Steam
  • reinstalling tools
  • launching SC directly
  • turning off anti-virus SW
  • launching SC as administrator
  • launching SC from command line
The process starts and then ends almost immediately without displaying any window or printing anything to the console.

I have Windows 10 Pro 1909, 64bit.
d-bassett
BattleGoat Team

Re: Scenario Creator not working

Post by d-bassett »

Thank you, will be fixed asap.

arakan94
Lieutenant

Post by arakan94 »

d-bassett wrote: Dec 02 2019 Thank you, will be fixed asap.

So you can recreate the problem? From what I asked on Discord, others seem to have it working..
d-bassett
BattleGoat Team

Post by d-bassett »

Ive sent you a message on discord, but so far no i have not been able to reproduce the issue
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

I have a different problem with scenario creator. When i try to import another scenario, doesn't matter which one (already existing scenarios or the new ones i created with scenario creator), i get an error
Error loading Theatres

Input string was not in a correct format. Couldn't store <&&THEATRETRANSF> in ID Column. Expected type is Int32.
The scenario obviously fails to load which makes using this tool to edit existing scenarios currently useless. Shouldn't be hard to recreate, just try to import any Trump or Shattered World scenario in scenario creation tool and you should get this message.
This is on version 9.1.250 with no modifications to original files and checked using Steam's 'verify integrity' tool.
d-bassett
BattleGoat Team

Post by d-bassett »

Both of these issues have been resolved, thanks for reporting. Look for a steam update soon.
xsmilingbanditx
Sergeant

Post by xsmilingbanditx »

d-bassett wrote: Dec 17 2019 Both of these issues have been resolved, thanks for reporting. Look for a steam update soon.
I still do get that exact same message...:(

Return to “Modding Issues & Support”