event 58 remove units working? have idea for unit upgrade system

Have a question about how to mod something? Or have an issue with one of our mod tools? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

vahadar
Colonel
Human: Yes

event 58 remove units working? have idea for unit upgrade system

Post by vahadar »

Hello,

I am trying since some time to make a combo event to upgrade units without success

The idea is to set various predetermined "upgrade hex" on map.
Once a unit of a predetermined id is present on hex (use of event 45 with condition test 20), and if country knows the "upgraded design" of that unit (condition test 22), i would like to delete that unit (at least the type of unit) using event 58, to fire upgraded version construction (using event 10).

Unfortunatly event 58 seems to not work, and checking the wiki it is stated as not in game yet. Has any dev a workaround for this?

way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Re: event 58 remove units working? have idea for unit upgrade system

Post by way2co0l »

Creative way to make it work. Wouldn't it require a lot of work to put together all the events with the conditions for old units and new units and all the variables involved? Either way, Can definitely appreciate out of the box thinking like this. :D
vahadar
Colonel

Post by vahadar »

Well if you plan to upgrade all units yes :) but i was just trying to use this for major naval units (some cruisers and battleships that were reconstructed betwwen ww1 and ww2 and during ww2), since it dont really make sense for other units (land or air units) until we have a proper native upgrade system.

I made a dozen "upgrade hex" for major nations in a wip mod, each one working for one nation only and only if human player is playing it. So far the test is working to detect when a certain unit id reach that hex, and if the nation has the tech design of the upgraded version. I made a mail popup to test event chain success and can also fire event 10 to launch the construction of a new upgraded unit. But i cant destroy old unit, since i cant make event 58 to work at all.
Last edited by vahadar on Aug 22 2017, edited 1 time in total.
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

Ah I see. Yeah, that makes sense and is a far more manageable goal. lol Hopefully you can get it all setup once they add it into the game. :)

Return to “Modding Issues & Support”