GC Rebalance + Unit Overhaul Mod

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Tnarg
Colonel

GC Rebalance + Unit Overhaul Mod

Post by Tnarg »

DesTryke's GC Rebalance and the Unit Overhaul mod have joined up to create a mod that completely changes the vanilla SRU experience. An updated map, economy, events, 1000's of overhauled units and additions, world military orbats that have been completely researched and updated line by line for a modern day 2017-2020 experience.

Click the link here to take you to the Steam Workshop page to download: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2097315429

Check out the Unit Overhaul Mod Discord channel here too!https://discord.gg/QMfGgPfNqh

Here is just a small snipit of changes:

Change list:
Fully integrated Unit Overhaul Mod as a standalone scenario without changing unit balance.
Added alliances and mutual defence treaties to the main scenario.
Several new countries.
Added scripted wars in Afghanistan, Karabakh and Ukraine.
But not in "no mil prod" scenario.
Added a new type of government - autocracy.
Updated GDP, population, loans of all countries. Basic interest rate decreased to 3%.
Updated technologies for all countries.
Updated Spheres of Influence.
Added new air bases and roads in difficult locations based on real maps.
The absurd price of social assistance has been reduced, and in return, spending on other social needs will increase.
The cost of building military production and military infrastructure has been reduced to 0 to eliminate the 0 maintenance exploit.
Now, for the construction of a new production, you need much more industry and military goods. The cost of units has increased, so the cost of maintaining production has gone from military maintenance to production. It also removes the need to turn off military production in war to reduce military maintenance (usually all military annual maintenance in hex are multiplied and give unthinkable expenses in war, which may exceed the cost of the content of the army itself 10 times at very hard economic diffculty).
Rebalanced the influence of government debuffs.
Communists now can develop at very hard economic difficulty.
Rebalanced all industry and electric power.
Future technology is profitable in a long game.
Research.
Useless and harmful technologies were given positive bonuses. Increased the cost and speed of building research centers.
Added worldwide unit technologies.
In most countries, the military technology of the future didn't have any discoveries in units, so I added at least something that could be fought in 2040's.
Economy.
Reduced market "black hole" for goods. Volumes, where it was possible, became close to real statistics.
Synthetic fuel production.
Only synthetic gas left with cost price bug removed. Added tech tree to reduce dependence on fuel and replace it with electricity.
UI.
Returned old buttons for displaying map modes. Added extended tables to display unit stats.
The health of the ground army has been increased by 2 times, and the need for recruits by about 2.5 times.
Only Rebalance/no mil prod scenario.
Added recruiting office.
It doesn't increase the number of recruits, but only works as a storage. If you need to accumulate a lot of recruits, and the garrisons are already full, then build recruitment offices and fill the garrisons again. During World War III, turn off these buildings and get your conscripts.
The anti-air defence and range of ground attacks of the fleet have been improved. Defense of fleet against air attacks increased x2.
Now, to defeat the enemy fleet, it is desirable to have your own fleet, and not just a bunch of aircraft.
Added a special wall on the border with Mexico.
Which costs nothing to maintain, but it has very low defense parameters compared to a regular wall.
Resources.
The resources available for development have been changed in some countries.
Map.
Some reshuffling of industry and oil production, adjustment of borders, small additions.
Buildings.
All small industry and small electricity have been removed, as players usually don't use it.
Modern strategic bombers have been converted to a high air target, as well as aircraft of the last 6th generation.
A couple of changes in the leaders of the countries.
Many other minor changes.

Unit Overhaul Mod 2.1
Tnarg
Carnage Now
Poit

Check out the Unit Overhaul Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/QMfGgPfNqh

"This mod started out as vandenbergwillie4's unit file that was incorporated into SchmitOhaulic3's The80sAndOn mod. From this grew an almost complete overhaul of units mostly from the 60's and on. Most units have had name overhauls to names that match better with what information is available in 2022. In addition to the renaming, I also tried to find better images (most of Nerei’s additions, have been assigned to units) in addition to what was available in the base image files. In addition to vandenbergwilie4's units that were added, I added 600+ more units ranging from a whole slew of MRAP style vehicles, country specific elite units, units that are available in current military inventories that I could not find in the unit file as well as units that are part of many current and future research and development programs. Also many stat errors and typos have been peer reviewed and corrected. See the Added units below as well as the unit changes found in the change log attached when you subscribe.

In addition to updating, fixing, and adding units, I have added a few other ideas to enhance the many modern-day strategies. Electronic and Cyber Warfare in various aspects and capacities have been included. Special Operations have been expanded upon with various specific country Elite Units as well as various Special Operations to expand on clandestine play style. Drone Warfare is now implemented into more of a modern-day role with surveillance and attacks. Asymmetric Warfare and Terrorism also find their way in strategies that one can now utilize. Chemical Warfare has also been addressed and a multitude of options are now available. Also through the feedback of many contributors, many of the advanced late game units have been pushed back in the tech tree so that they are not popping up on the battle field in the mid 2020s, and there is more of a gradual progression of units. All these ideas above, you can read more about in a detailed overview that is attached and in the patch notes.

Finally, I was introduced to the International Institute for Strategic Studies, the Military Balance, The Annual Assessment of Global Military Capabilities and Defense Economics. I started going through the Military Balance 2017 and started to compare it to the Modern-Day Supreme Ruler Orbats. After reviewing a couple countries, I determined that the Orbats needed an overhaul too! So slowly I am going through many of them and updating them to actual modern day 2017 inventories. Many missing units have now been added to almost 98-99% accuracy along with accurate force sizes.

In total this unit file address over 2000+ changes and now many updated and accurate Orbats with more to come give this classic game a brand new feel. Please feel free to make suggestions or changes. As the list grows, I will try to address and update those changes.

I would like to thank Carnage, Rehan, The American Patriot, Donhuang, and many others who have offered insight, data, peer review, and countless hours of play testing."

UI modifications are taken from:
mrgenie (ToolTip Extended with some changes of mine)
Arahatree (Supply percentage value)

The no mil prod scenario is designed for a long economic game, so initially there are no alliances, military production and spies at the start. This is an empty field where you can play with your friends as you like without lags for many decades.

Sometimes the game for some reason doesn't load the flags and form of the government correctly, to solve the problem it's enough to restart the game.

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”