[UI-MOD] All-In-One Package

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Arahatree
Lt. Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: [UI-MOD] All-In-One Package

Post by Arahatree »

Oh, i forgot to include this other philosophy idea:

- The UI design should be as big as possible in order to include as many units, technologies and items as possible. No more one inch sized window to manage 3000 units |O
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

I just updated the mod "[UI-SUBMOD] Buildinspector". In case you already installed it you can install this new updated version :)
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

Just made a cool mod for civilian casualties being shown in regional atlas, you can add it to the package :)
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

mrgenie wrote: Dec 10 2020 Created now an additional button bitmap for inside the Titlebar..

just an example for a "Unit Management" button and a functioning button that also get's the greeny border when select..

native as vanilla game.

It's late now.

Tomorrow I create the panel..

Well the bitmap I already did..
But tomorrow I put a HAPS connecting to the extra button in the Titlebar..

then I upload the files so Arahatree can see what's changed in the files..

I found always the best way for someone to learn.. is showing them basic stuff..
and then the changes easy to compare with vanilla..

from the changes it's always easy to see what's done..
mrgenie, could you upload this part that you made?

i just got some free time to work on the units manager and i would like to have this progress you made in order to keep going from that point where you left it.

It's a long time you don't write here in the forums, are you ok?

All those things i wrote in that post were just a suggestion to organize better, because you kept saying all the time we should work as a team. But it was just a suggestion, we could just work like before in a more anarchist way, without all those ideas i wrote. I hope you didn't leave just because of that :-( i hope you are doing well.
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

Right now i made the Units manager button and the background just to check if it works. So far it's working :-)

But it's more ugly than mrgenie button...

Now that i checked it works i'm going to make a really cool background!!! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

it's almost finished!!!!! :-) :-) :-)

Anyone knows how to add the entrenchment bar??

I can't add all the other stats until at least i know how to add the entrenchment bar :cry:

Evildari, are you there? please, could you help me to show that bar? how did you show the bars for morale, efficiency, and the values for supplies and the rest of stats?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

The unis manager is now finished and published!! :D :D :-) :-) 8)

mrgenie can include it now in this All-in-One package
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

Busy a bit last few days.. first now I found 2 hours to write a case example on using modular png for large screen panel creation..

This example using the minimal height 1080p for a screen..

So the png file has 9 times a 54x54 bits object

and then the HAPX turn these 9 small png objects into a huge 1080x1080 panel

Inside that panel, or outside, whatever you can add more panels, split it up, etc..

Example of the png
Example_1B.jpg
and what it looks in the game after the HAPX does its magic
Example_1A.jpg

Note in my firefox it shows the panel isn't homogeneous.. if that's the case also on your computer, you just have to trust me in the game it's rendered properly :)

No idea why firefox does this.

I'll drink another coffee and if I don't fall asleep.. I'll upload the files in a zip.. so Arahatree can have a look..
I made this example really as an overkill .. in reality I'd just have some bigger png objects and put them together..
but for the sake of showing what can be done I made the objects 54x54pixel only.. to fill up a 1080x1080 pixel area..
or 20 rows by 20 columns.

Also I nested a HAPX inside a HAPX inside a HAPX to show how to cascading works..

I think it's really a good example to show how you can make complex mods with complex panels and make use of putting single elements in single HAPX to maintain the overview..
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

Arahatree wrote: Dec 18 2020 The unis manager is now finished and published!! :D :D :-) :-) 8)

mrgenie can include it now in this All-in-One package
I'll upload my case example first.. then I'll take a look at what you made..

and merge it with the rest..
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

Arahatree wrote: Dec 15 2020 It's a long time you don't write here in the forums, are you ok?

All those things i wrote in that post were just a suggestion to organize better, because you kept saying all the time we should work as a team. But it was just a suggestion, we could just work like before in a more anarchist way, without all those ideas i wrote. I hope you didn't leave just because of that :-( i hope you are doing well.
It's probably better to use a chat interface.. you use whatsapp/IMO?

I'll write you a PM
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

Hi mrgenie!

Yes, take a look into the Units Manager and tell me what you think! :D

By the way, any of you knows how to make this countries list larger?? (see screenshot)

(i have looked in every "STA_..." HAPS file, modifying every single listbox and i didn't find it! i'm about to give it up on that countries list :( )
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

Arahatree wrote: Dec 19 2020 Hi mrgenie!

Yes, take a look into the Units Manager and tell me what you think! :D

By the way, any of you knows how to make this countries list larger?? (see screenshot)

(i have looked in every "STA_..." HAPS file, modifying every single listbox and i didn't find it! i'm about to give it up on that countries list :( )
no you did not :lol:
STA_S1.HAPX : obSysuse 15

also missing sphere info is still there (ye olde vanilla ui-bug)
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

Yes, i looked there too. Then it just means that i don't know how to do it, i tried all combinations |O and this is my best result:

(maybe it just can't be done :cry: )
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

i did enlarged the list of countries in the Nukes window though, so i thought i could do the same here, but i already tried everything. I give up on this one :(
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

in STA_ETT1.HAPX change
bpopupmenu 1, to
bpopupmenu 0,
(line 4) and it should be able to get larger (played around a little and changed theater to continental selection like in the start new game setup)
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”