[UI-MOD] Supply percentage value is back

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Arahatree
Lt. Colonel
Human: Yes

[UI-MOD] Supply percentage value is back

Post by Arahatree »

Hello to all!

I don't know why BG removed the percentage value. So i made this little mod to bring it back where it belongs. See screenshot.

INSTALLATION:
Unpack the file in the folder HAPX and overwrite (make a backup first).

TWO VERSIONS:
One version is for english language and the other one for multi-language.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Arahatree on Nov 30 2020, edited 6 times in total.
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Re: [UI-MOD] Supply percentage value is back

Post by Arahatree »

Here is the screenshot of the value where it belongs:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Arahatree wrote: Nov 29 2020 I don't know why BG removed the percentage value...
Attempts to save on screen space, mostly. BTW, this mod is not compatible with other languages, the word "supply" gets bigger in French/German. We need to design a UI that works in all languages. Modders don't have to worry about that :)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

Balthagor wrote: Nov 29 2020
Arahatree wrote: Nov 29 2020 I don't know why BG removed the percentage value...
Attempts to save on screen space, mostly. BTW, this mod is not compatible with other languages, the word "supply" gets bigger in French/German. We need to design a UI that works in all languages. Modders don't have to worry about that :)
for supply there are at least 30 words in german - one should be almost short enough: "Nachschub" or "Vorrat" - in the game terms "Nachschub" would be better though.
in french you can use the shortest one "le stock" :D or the better but longer military term (although in game its used in both roles) "l'intendance"
https://dict.leo.org/englisch-deutsch/supply
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

Balthagor wrote: Nov 29 2020
I think a simple solution would be to write in the UI just the percentage value, and a tooltip reading "supply level" in any language possible when you hover over the value. That way space is saved on screen and also all languages are supported.

So, now i'm going to try to do another version for this mod in order to support all languages. In that optional version I will only show the percentage value without the word supply, and i don't know if i will be able to do the tooltip showing the word in those languages.
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

Ok, now all languages are supported. I didn't do the tooltip, because there's no information about how to do it, and also because it's not much necessary, since in the bar below is the supply level with the tooltip and it's intuitively understood that the percentage on top is the same thing (it has the same value as the bar's tooltip).

Actually i'm going to use the multi-language version of this mod, because it's more clean.

Supply level is the most important value to follow a combat strategy. 10% supply difference will tell you if your artillery and tanks are going to be able to shoot or not. Also it's needed in order to know where to build facilities, etc. As a consequence, the supply percentage in this UI was really needed.

Screenshot for multi-language version:

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”