Modern Era Mod

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Boandlkramer
Private
Human: Yes

Modern Era Mod

Post by Boandlkramer »

Hey everybody,

I don't know how active the community still is, but I wanted to share, that I am currently working on a mod for the modern era (2020+).

What will it include?

- The AI in my playthroughs built regulary WWII stuff, for instance battleships from WWII, so, for balancing reasons I will remove all units that are not in service anymore.
- All current in use systems and systems that are currently being developed (like the sixth generation fighters from USA, Germany/France/Spain, UK, Russia etc.), means a complete overhaul of the "future-units", which are fiction.
- Adjusting stats of units
- Realistic relationships between nations (at the very least EU / NATO / Russia / China / Arabian World / Israel)

If you guys are interested in it, I will certainly share it as soon as I'm finished.

I'm not a 3d-modeller so if anybody who is good with it, wants to support me there, please shoot a PM ;)

Greetings

André
arakan94
Lieutenant

Re: Modern Era Mod

Post by arakan94 »

AI is building weird units because they are actually better than the new ones in some cases..

From what you describe, it may be worth looking at Supreme Ruler Remastered mod - it does lot of what you want (primarily for Cold War, but eventually for 2020) so maybe you could collaborate with the author instead of doing similar work again (like fixing the stats).. he's also very capable 3D artist
Micheal Berg
Captain

Re: Modern Era Mod

Post by Micheal Berg »

I love to try out MOD`s. I will most definitely give it a go once out. Also, as arakan94 said, Supreme Ruler Remastered is a work of art, and it does have a World2020 map (first map can be downloaded - the author will post a update end November or early December.)

Cutting the old units from the Unit-file will add a interesting new take to the game.

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”