Supreme Ruler Remastered

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Nandu
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Re: Supreme Ruler Remastered

Post by Nandu »

Does the game slow down much with this mod?
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

Nandu wrote: Nov 30 2020 Does the game slow down much with this mod?
Abit mainly just on the zoom in and out though on my old GTX 1060 now I'm running a 2070Super i dont see any issues at all day speed has always been the same
Nandu
Warrant Officer

Post by Nandu »

decided to start modding again
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

woow! that will be a great mod!! Looking forward to see all those buildings! :D :D :D
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Nice looking buildings.
One thing to keep in mind with city graphics is that they are assigned by theater. For the USSR that means they work best in the Eastern Europe theater. Assigning it to central Asia and unfortunately everyone down to the southern tip of India gets it. Likewise if used for North Eastern Asia both Seoul and Tokyo will use Soviet style architecture.

If you can accept that Austria and Greece uses it then Central Europe will also work.

You also need to assign their ID's in a special order but I never really looked too much into it beyond finding the theater restriction.
Nandu
Warrant Officer

Post by Nandu »

Understood a little. Theaters can be edited in the map editor. Is it possible to add new theaters in addition to the existing ones? And How?
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

Nandu wrote: Dec 03 2020 Understood a little. Theaters can be edited in the map editor. Is it possible to add new theaters in addition to the existing ones? And How?
in the mapeditor, the 2nd page (resources) there is a theater entry you can edit, to paint faster you need to enable the theather "painting" option and open the lock
Beware of crashes to desktop upon entering 3 digit numbers beyond 200, the game itself only recognizes (at least visible in the ui) only 32 theaters (0 to 31), which can also be named in the &&THEATRESTEXT, 0 section of ie. LocalText-Start.csv
also check this out:theatre transfer system
https://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtop ... 91&t=31179
Last edited by evildari on Dec 03 2020, edited 1 time in total.
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

I'd also say be careful with adding too convoluted theater connections. In my experience the AI is not that good at sending units through multiple theaters.
Nandu
Warrant Officer

Post by Nandu »

So if I create a 1-hex theater, for example, in East Berlin, it wouldn't be a good idea? I plan to make a unique model of Berlin, and assign it to all types of cities in this theater, so that regardless of whether Berlin is the capital or not, its appearance does not change.
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

Nandu wrote: Dec 04 2020 So if I create a 1-hex theater, for example, in East Berlin, it wouldn't be a good idea? I plan to make a unique model of Berlin, and assign it to all types of cities in this theater, so that regardless of whether Berlin is the capital or not, its appearance does not change.
imo its not a good idea to use 1-hex-theaters
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

Nandu wrote: Dec 04 2020 So if I create a 1-hex theater, for example, in East Berlin, it wouldn't be a good idea? I plan to make a unique model of Berlin, and assign it to all types of cities in this theater, so that regardless of whether Berlin is the capital or not, its appearance does not change.
You could use the model as a mod that the player can place next to the city?
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

My suggestion would be to not edit theaters too much and if you do properly test how it affects the AI. Theaters are mainly a tool. A tool that is also used by the AI.
AI unit movement is affected by theaters so you risk breaking that when making too many changes.

That is not to say you cannot replace the graphics of say era 2 Eastern Europe. That is not something that can break anything. I would however suggest making a full 3 era set then as it would be usable outside of any specific mod. You will at the least need to define any later city graphics as the game calls these whenever an era change tech is researched.

Beyond that though I would suggest trying to make areas unique with things like landmarks.
E.g. represent Berlin with say a Brandenburger Tor landmark. Likewise Moscow can get a Kremlin and Saint Basil's Cathedral landmark. That way they will still be somewhat unique but you will not risk affecting the AI.
This is the approach I am taking though I have been too caught up in making unit models to actually get it properly underway.

I guess you can also make it a regular facility but then you would not be able to assign it as a capital.
Nandu
Warrant Officer

Post by Nandu »

Image Image
Can a new land type be added to the DEFAULT.TERX file? I have only plains constantly displayed.
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

forgot to mention it yes you can add a new terrain
even a mesh and not only textures - see the mountain mesh.

Then edit the default.terx (or use your own terrain file) to have a link to these new mesh&texture
ie. you can build your custom city as a complete single mesh with texture (dont know how the game could handle that - iam no graphic expert)
Then in the mapeditor you can place that terrain.
But then the capital city mesh will be placed on top of it - unless you remove its link (picnum file / entry in .unit file)

Or place that terrain around the capital city hex in a free spot.

Did this with a flat mesh texture of a location description (see screenshot and green markings)
Those asteroids (top) and spike type mines (right side) are also terrain with a 3d mesh - which could be the way for you to go with custom cities.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
my mods
Nandu
Warrant Officer

Post by Nandu »

Thank you. I think I understand why I was not succeeding. More than 32 types of land cannot be created.
And one more problem. If you build a road, then the mesh is replaced with another one.
___
The game already uses 32 types of land. And I was thinking of adding another type of land using only one new type of movement (M8 or M9). Problem...
Is it possible to make it impossible for a certain building to be built during the game by neither the player nor the AI? (DEFAULT.UNIT - "No Build"?)
___
Just now I noticed that all types of land are in two versions. The second is the hills. Two types of oceans?
Ocean,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,,,2,,1,1,0,0,,,,,,,,Y,,,,Y,,448,0,32,32,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,14
Ocean,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,,,2,,1,1,0,0,,,,,,,,Y,,,,Y,,448,32,32,32,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,30
Bity???
___
The more I understand, the more everything becomes incomprehensible...

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”