Supreme Ruler Remastered

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

evildari
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Re: Supreme Ruler Remastered

Post by evildari »

here the wiki for the fields: https://supremeruler.gamepedia.com/Terrain_File
maybe if you use the other mesh/texture field it works
ill copy my notes about custom terrain maybe something there at point 4. may help you - i had no issues about roads replacing terrain mesh(but then it was just some asteroids) - maybe you can try changing the NoHM setting

Code: Select all

How to add custom Terrain:

1. save your model as .x file (old Direct X Mesh format) into \Graphics\Meshes subfolder
2. rename it: need to start with "Ter" then an unused 3-digit-number ie Ter200.x
3. save&rename the texture file as .dds (suggestion: use the same number as the mesh) Ter200.dds
4. add an entry into the .terx (ie. default.terx file) of your mod: 
(use a spreadsheet program to open save export and most important enter the values in the right fields)
my example:
Asteroids,0,0,0,0,0,0,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,,,6,,6,6,6,6,1.3,1.2,1.5,1,,,,,,,,,Y,192,64,32,32,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,200,200,,0.05,,1,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,200,200,,0.05,,1,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,200,200,,0.05,,1,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,200,200,,0.05,,1,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,200,200,,0.05,,1,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,200,200,,0.05,,1,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,200,200,,0.05,,1,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,200,200,,0.05,,1,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,200,200,,0.05,,1,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
4.a)after the basic stats of that terrain you can set a "crop selection" (4values starting with bitx) to the tbits.png file where the simple old terrain tile is stored (to display: CTRL-T in game / F5 in mapedior)
4.b)at row BC(Fx1.2) and BD(FTx1.2) you enter that 3-digit number you used for mesh and texture
4.c)in row BF(FxSc1.2) is the mesh scale
4.d)in row BH(NoHM) is a flag about the non-use of the Hexmask - that Hexmask s used to make the edges round and blend in to neighbooring terrain textures - if you like to use a 3d Object as Terrain set it to 1 as a start then try what looks best
4.e) These values have to be repeated several times - at least if i want to use it like normal terrain.
 If it is a unique single instance terrain then one entry could be enough, but then the terrainmesh frame must be set manually in the mapeditor to show this terrain.
5. If you terrain still does not show in mapeditor: make sure you have 3d terrain in the game options enabled and try a different meshscale value (4.c) (same value in all repeating entries!)
the No Build option (at least in older versions) worked only against the human player , computer could build it - dont know if it is still there in the latest patch.
But if its just a building like the business, tourism building or the trump tower without any other function then the ai wont build it (at least if its similar expensive)
--
oceans with hills - you know :wink:
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Nandu
Warrant Officer

Post by Nandu »

Oceans and rivers with hills have a red icon in tbits.png. I didn't find them on the map. So they are not used, and is it the way I can replace or delete them without breaking the game? I apologize if my questions seem silly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nandu
Warrant Officer

Post by Nandu »

As soon as I do everything that I plan, the release will be in the form of a sub-mod for this mod. If there is a lot of material, then I will make a separate mod ... but I do not promise anything.
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

you can replace them - would check antarctica first it seems to use one of those impassible tile a lot
and if you see your replaced terrain in an unexpected spot you can replace it with one of the default generic tiles.
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Nandu
Warrant Officer

Post by Nandu »

You're right. And as soon as I did not notice ...
Nandu
Warrant Officer

Post by Nandu »

youssef
Warrant Officer

Post by youssef »

Is this mod died? I haven't seen any apdate for awhile
ShadIn
Corporal

Post by ShadIn »

Author wasn't online for 1.5 years, so probably yes.
Nandu
Warrant Officer

Post by Nandu »

This game can be changed endlessly ... On the left screenshot is the original game, and on the right there are new textures + trees + ReShade.
Image Image
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Nandu wrote: Dec 05 2021 This game can be changed endlessly ... On the left screenshot is the original game, and on the right there are new textures + trees + ReShade.
Are you sharing the .x file and .dds texture for anyone to use? I wouldn't mind looking at the file with our modeler to see if we can get some inspiration from what you created.

One difficulty with tree types is we don't control terrain meshes by latitude. If we add pine trees and palm trees, we could up with pine trees in Barbados and palm trees in Siberia.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Nandu
Warrant Officer

Post by Nandu »

Palm trees are assigned on a separate line - jungle, in the DEFAULT.TERX file. And with the help of the Map Editor, you can also implement a winter forest, because each type of terrain, if I'm not mistaken, can have up to 15 different textures and tree models (TxB1.1 .., Fx1.1 .., FTx1.1 ..,).
I have been doing global modification for a very long time ... I have a lot of plans, but little time. And I use materials from other games, as well as resources found on the Internet.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Nandu wrote: Dec 06 2021 Palm trees are assigned on a separate line - jungle, in the DEFAULT.TERX file.
Yeah, but then you'll be getting palm trees throughout Africa and South East Asia.

Nandu wrote: Dec 06 2021 And with the help of the Map Editor, you can also implement a winter forest, because each type of terrain, if I'm not mistaken, can have up to 15 different textures and tree models (TxB1.1 .., Fx1.1 .., FTx1.1 ..,).
We can't add a new terrain type, we are already using the maximum number. The game randomized between the first 8 and we never implemented a function in the mapeditor to be able to specify frames 9+ to set a specific tile/mesh type for a specific hex (and the last 2 IIRC are used when there buildings/roads).

We will likely look at this system again during SRNG development. I would like to see us improve the quality of our terrain models.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

I have several times considered making terrain. I once got the the point of making a few iconic mountain models such as Rainier, Kilimanjaro and Fuji. Problem is that as described you will end up with them all over the place which kinda defeats the purpose.
Likewise it could be fun to make more thematic cities but them being limited to battlezones means that nearly none are really feasible. That is unless you want say Soviet apartment blocks in the south of India, Seoul and Tokyo sharing architectural style with Pyongyang or say Canada becoming "little USA" ^_-
Yes we could play with battlezones but as the AI uses those it is probably not the best option.

From an economic perspective improving the terrain is probably not the worst that you can do as people are shallow and graphics sell.
I know people that will say they will not play games with year 2000 graphics which yes is an actual description I have heard used about the game.
Nandu
Warrant Officer

Post by Nandu »

I removed spruces from the models for "Light Forest". And added them for "Dense Forest". Dense Forest is very rarely used in warm climatic zones and is therefore easy to replace with a mapeditor. I make a mod for COLD WAR and use the models of Soviet cities only for the European part of the USSR, which is a separate theater of operations. I have made models of some cities (Berlin, Moscow, etc.), and I use unused or rarely used terrain types for them (which I simply replace with others, often used). In extreme cases, capital city models can always be implemented in the form of buildings (trump tower).
Thundernight
Warrant Officer

Post by Thundernight »

This available on stem workshop?

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”