Strategic bombing and realistic war unit stat values

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Arahatree
Lt. Colonel
Human: Yes

Strategic bombing and realistic war unit stat values

Post by Arahatree »

This mod changes unit stats to make war more realistic and at the same time save a lot of micromanagement.

It works for every scenario and sandbox in Supreme Ruler Ultimate. If you want to try for cold war, the great war, etc. is up to you. But I didn't tested it in those.

What this mod does:

1) This mod changes "fortification attack" stats only in bomber planes. It changes it only proporcionally to the original values. So still a modern bomber planes do more damage than ww2 planes, still better bomber planes technology do more damage, etc.

Nuclear missiles are still superior in this stat value, so they are still same useful and interesting for strat bombing. And I changed antimatter warhead fortification attack to 3000, so that you will be interested in that technology too, since it doesn't get angry people and world opinion, since antimatter don't emit radiation :o

In this way strategic bombing needs a lot of less micromanagement. With 25 bombers is enough to wipe out facilities in modern sandbox. You can make several unit groups of 25 bombers for better bombing and less micromanagement.

2) I increased "ground defense" stat value only in land units. I did it proportionally, multiplying by 10 original values. In this way battles last realistically longer, and you have time to repair the units. Now you can undertake envelope tactics, creating pockets to cut supplies (coupled with strategic bombing), Blitzkrieg... etc.

So, this mod enables real strategy techniques, just as can be seen in "hearts of iron" games.

3) In the same way I increased "close defense" stat value only in land units. I did it proportionally, multiplying by 10 original values. For the same reason as pointed before. It doesn't overpower close defense in cities, or jungle. So, don't worry. I've been testing this mod for months.
So, Vietnam war is still a realistic Vietnam war.

INSTALLATION: unzip and Substitute this file "DEFAULT.UNIT" into the folder DATA of the original game. Which is located in this path:

D:\SteamLibrary PCgames\steamapps\common\Supreme Ruler Ultimate\Maps\DATA

(the path location will change depending where you install your steam games. This path is only in my case, but gives you an idea where it could be in your computer).

BEFORE INSTALLATION SAVE YOUR ORIGINAL GAME FILES. ALL OF THEM, just in case.

This mod NEEDS TO RECACHE the files in all scenarios and sandboxes (how to do it you will learn in the forums). If you don't recache, you are going to have the same vanilla units without changes, as if you didn't install this mod.

This mod is compatible and matches perfectly with this other mods:

[UI-MOD] Color coded buildings for strategic bombing (by myself)
viewtopic.php?f=91&t=30336

[UI-MOD] Supreme Overview (by evildari)
viewtopic.php?f=91&t=30312

[UI-MOD] Supreme Overview Submod (by myself)
viewtopic.php?f=91&t=30337

[UI-MOD] Large order list (by evildari)
viewtopic.php?f=91&t=30293

If you play with all those mods at the same time, you will be complete and don't need anything else in the strategic gaming world, except more free time to play :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Strategic bombing and realistic war unit stat values

Post by mrgenie »

This mod seems better balanced than the original version.

but, no readme? :)

Not that it's needed, but a good mod always has a short readme>

where to install
link to original thread/weblink
author

mainly the readme is for users to later find back where they got the data from
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”