[UI-MOD] Supreme Overview

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

evildari
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

[UI-MOD] Supreme Overview

Post by evildari »

aka total information overkill

Needs at least SRU 9.1.89 (SRGW may work - not tested)
and at least 1100x1000 screen resolution

Opens a large Atlas-like window to get more information and issue orders without abusing your mouse/wheel that much while hunting for every last bit of info.
Use the new earthicon (like the one for the land-department)to the right in the title bar, under the treasury line.

Please look at the screenshots.

Or you can open \INI\hotkeys.csv and change the i.e. F12 hotkey to:
0x7B,0,,12,,MOD_1SO,,,,<F12>,,VK_F12,,"Was, long time ago, ""End Turn""",,,

if you like another screen as entry point you can replace MOD_1SO with
one of the other main screens:
MOD_3FINANCES
MOD_4RESOURCES
MOD_5RESEARCH
MOD_6DEFPROD
MOD_7UNITS

Compatibility with other ui mods:
unit-atlas mod: is now part of this mod
bodycount: in the first overview screen you also get a kill/deaths counter for units but it is not a big and always visible like the original - if you like to use it together append all the content of the (bodycount)file "append to TITLEBAR.HAPX" to the file TITLEBAR.HAPX in the \Haps Folder.

all other ui-mods should work without issues.

How to install:
copy the provided .HAPX files into the \Haps Folder, overwrite the few .HAPX files:

(RES_S1B, RES_S1C, RES_S1E, TITLEBAR)

Things not working as designed (but still there) and other issues:

Overview (default entry) screen:
the list of allies, enemies, colonies (like in the state dept) (military row lower part)
works only if this screen is called first but not with the submenu buttons
(idea was just to have the list of enemies here)

Finances:
in the bonds list to the right - the repurchase button and the small repurchase icons to each entry shows only if a bond is selected - clicking any of these icons purchases only the selected bond
(for mass purchasing you can, hover the mouse over the first entries, small icon and activate your auto-mouse-clicker)

Resources:
AI-Locks works only for Agriculture, for the other resources it shows only the lock status
the big dark blue switch to show/set production as % of demand does not work
(to my limited knowledge i would have to change the layout of a default file which would break the original layout)
Domestic price markup shows for all resources, just in case a scenario use uranium for nuclear powered flying cars this ui-mod supports that too.

Defense Production & Research:
doubleclicking an item allows to see the detailed technical readout but it also closes the overview mod screen

Unit List:
if a unit is selected (not just marked, but added to selection), then at the top right shows a "scrap unit" button - unfortunately i could not make the scrap order work - right now it is only the cancel orders command.
Idea was to have an easy way to select all units of a type and scrap them at once.

Issue with building controls from the resources tab:
if you close the mods screen you may occasionaly not be able to select a facility to build:
just click another department and switch back to resources, it should work again
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
sparky282
Colonel

Re: [UI-MOD] Supreme Overview

Post by sparky282 »

This is great the research tab is so much better if you have a lot of designs to look through.

Resources tab is a little information overload but its ok I just wont use it for that
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

This mod is incredible!! Thank you so much. It allows us to manage 2500 units without breaking our finger with the wheel mouse in a little box that shows only 5 units at a time.

-- Just one thing: In the readme file that comes with the mod, you say: "MOD_2RELATION is currently empty (until you like to install the LETTER addon, which is not recommended unless you are a truly evil supreme letter dictator)".

Where can I find the "LETTER addon"? what's this addon about? I've searched a lot in the forums, but I didn't find anything about this.

MOD_2RELATION.HAPX is not actually empty, I can see it's coded, so how do I install this addon when I find it?

-- And a suggestion: the "filter by class" button, when pressed, the pop up is cut and can't see all the options. Could this button be installed at the bottom, so that when pressed we can see the pop up uncut? Attached I show this issue. My resolution is 1920x1080.

Thank you :-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

Here is the LETTER addon , and more important for you:
in the MOD_7Units file i placed the buttons including that filter by class popup (dont know a way to make it drop-down) at the middle bottom line.
Should help with your issue but will increase your mouse-miles.

Be aware that filter by class works only with deployed units!

as usual put all the .hapx files there in the \HAPS folder
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

Thank you very much! Now I can filter inside the atlas unit view :D That's so good. The added miles to the mouse worth it.

So, with the LETTER addon I can see the sentence "Supreme overview by Evildari" when I click in state. It's cool, better than before with the empty box. But, is there any other feature added by this addon that I'm missing, or is it just this sentence?

Playing with the other version of your mod I converted the button "scrap unit" into a selection of units button. This way, with an autoclicker you can manage units very comfortably :-) I converted it into the same original button that is located in the "Defense" department, that one with the tooltip "Add to Selected Units". I think that's more convenient than just cancel orders with the scrap button. Of course I will not publish it.

So, would you like I send it to you, this submod, so that you can publish it if you are interested? Anyways you could do it in 5 minutes, what took me one whole hour :lol:

Thank you again

(Attached screen shot of this little submod)
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

I just improved this submod that I'm talking about, but this time I made it really comfortable, jejeje. Two filters for the price of one! This way buttons are at the top for easy unit management and at the same time there is another filter at the bottom for solving that issue we had. And also that scrapping button I converted.

The same as before: I will not publish it, but I can send it to you if you are interested in this submod. Or I can publish it if you give me your consent.

Thank you again and again, I'm very happy with your mods :-)
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

Please publish your changed files - maybe make a seperate thread which links to this mod as needed base.
and for the letter addon: that was rather a filler - had no useful idea (except for a quit cheating spy info-tab) that could maybe ruin multiplayer :lol:
my mods
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

Letter addon is full of evil posibilities... muuahh hahaha (rubbing hands)
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

Ok, I will publish the submod in a separated thread, with a link to your mod as base. All credits will go for you :wink:

Thank you!
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

upgrades the unitstooltip with a more technical readout:

put into the \HAPS folder
if you like to see this tooltip in defense production list - then overwrite the vanilla DEF_F2_LB.HAPX with the provided one.
(its a quick working hack, so it replaces also the tooltip in the vanilla list)

only for units - missiles got their own tooltip...
my mods
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

LOL, here I started already to actually update the tooltip itself! ROFLMAO
adding a 3rd row with the information I wanted..
Overview Mod Enhancement.jpg
should I finish this "enhancing the original tooltip" if anyone is interested in that I'll finish it..

if not, the "not beautiful hack" works for me though LOL

Either way, I learned by doing this how the HAPX works.. how to create tables, icons, put values there..

At least now I know..

Simply rename and then copy-paste a HAPX file, gee, how simple, simple solutions somehow always miss my mind hehe
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

evildari wrote: Nov 27 2020 upgrades the unitstooltip with a more technical readout:

put into the \HAPS folder
if you like to see this tooltip in defense production list - then overwrite the vanilla DEF_F2_LB.HAPX with the provided one.
(its a quick working hack, so it replaces also the tooltip in the vanilla list)

only for units - missiles got their own tooltip...
WWoooow!! That's a really nice update!

And the 3d model made larger in the tooltip is so nice coupled with SR remastered mod :D

THANK YOU!!!! :-) :-) :-)
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

mrgenie wrote: Nov 27 2020 LOL, here I started already to actually update the tooltip itself! ROFLMAO

should I finish this "enhancing the original tooltip" if anyone is interested in that I'll finish it..

Either way, I learned by doing this how the HAPX works.. how to create tables, icons, put values there..

At least now I know..

Simply rename and then copy-paste a HAPX file, gee, how simple, simple solutions somehow always miss my mind hehe
That's a very good mod!

We would be very grateful if you could finish and publish it. We need more information to decide if we want to spend the money and time to research a unit and we got tired of clicking a thousand times to check all units stats one by one. This mod is really useful! Please, could you finish it?
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

Arahatree wrote: Nov 27 2020
mrgenie wrote: Nov 27 2020 LOL, here I started already to actually update the tooltip itself! ROFLMAO

At least now I know..

That's a very good mod!

We would be very grateful if you could finish and publish it. We need more information to decide if we want to spend the money and time to research a unit and we got tired of clicking a thousand times to check all units stats one by one. This mod is really useful! Please, could you finish it?
okay. But will take a while as I'm also writing an excel file with all the odData information where which info for units is stored in the odData-table..

can upload that too once it's done.. will allow everyone to create own custom tooltips
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906
Arahatree
Lt. Colonel

Post by Arahatree »

mrgenie wrote: Nov 27 2020
Arahatree wrote: Nov 27 2020

At least now I know..

That's a very good mod!

okay. But will take a while as I'm also writing an excel file with all the odData information where which info for units is stored in the odData-table..

can upload that too once it's done.. will allow everyone to create own custom tooltips
Ok, THANK YOU VERY MUCH! :-) :-) :-)

Take your time, don't worry.

Yes, to upload the excel is a good idea too :)

Now lots of new mods and submods are coming out, this game is getting better and better :-) :D

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”