3D modelling

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

sparky282
Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: 3D modelling

Post by sparky282 »

looking forward to a release the Mi-24D looks great
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

DPRK variant of the Mil Mi-24D
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Okay pre-release is 5.0 02 is now done. I have combined it with pre-release 5.0 01 into a proper pre-release. It does not include earlier files.

The included models are:
everything from 5.0 pre01.

1805: USS Narwhal SSN-671
1808: USS Nautilus SSN-573
1809: Permit/Thresher class submarine USS Thresher SSN-593
1811: George Washington class SSBN USS George Washington SSBN-598
1840: Denel Rooivalk (XDM)
1887: Dassault Mirage IIIC
1952: Mitsubishi F-X concept (informally the F-3)
1979: Lockheed Martin FB-22 concept
1980: Ling-Temco-Vought A7 Corsair II (D model)
2020: PLAN Type 092 Xia SSBN
2021: PLAN Type 094 Jin SSBN
2022: Scorpene class
2023: Type 209-1400/Heroine class
2031: US Navy CG(X) concept (tumblehome hull version)
2057: Mil Mi-24D Hind
2064: Generic container truck
2065: Generic truck with T-55 turret.

It also includes the updated textures for some older submarine models.

Didn't take any screenshots. Probably should have but eh.

download link
https://github.com/Nerenei/SRU-art-proj ... V5.0_pre02
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

great stuff I don't see any issues so far done a bit of testing but not of every model.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Type 056 or "Jiangdao" class corvette. Still some details left to sort out but I would say it is pretty far along.
This is actually one of the most numerous class of surface combatants in service today. Over roughly 10 years the PRC build something like 72 of these for service in PLAN as well as a few for export.
It is however a fairly small ship. In terms of tonnage a Ford class carrier accompanied by a couple of Arleigh Burkes probably weigh as much as all of those Type 056 Corvettes
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

looking great
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Incomple Mogami FFM together with a more incomplete PA-NG and Constellation FFG
PA-NG in particular has some guesswork involved as it is not even close to being build and things may change. One such example is the VLS cells attached to the sides. That however is a feature of Charles de Gaulle so I think it is fairly appropriate.
Constellation likewise is based on concept art and as such the final ship might be different.
JS Mogami though is mostly based on pictures so should be fairly accurate. The VLS needs a bit of work still though as does the area containing the Type 17 SSM.

Have to say though extensively stealthy ships such as JS Mogami can be a bit bland. That said I adore the US Navy concept for the DDG(X)
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

I have for a long time considered making more Abrams variants.
However the age of the old model is starting to show and updating it really does not feel worthwhile. Thus I have gradually been making a new one.

This first variant being a M1A2 SEP V3 with trophy APS. The UV map should support making quite a few changes to the vehicle. Particularly a basic M1A2 with TUSK should be fairly easy to make.
Note that the bustle rack will not have the black elements in the final version. It is just easier to work with it like that and I am not going to bother configuring .psd transparency in the render.
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

I know what you mean about the JS Mogami that said your model looks good so far also love the Constellation be a great one to get in-game, will most likely work for FREMM as well although I know there are some large differences visually.

Abrams update looks great as well different varients will be a nice touch. :-)

Any plans for a Type 42 and/or Type 82 they are really missing from my Falklands war scenarios 8)
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Well yes Constellation can serve as both an Aquitaine and Carlo Bergamini although given how varied the FREMM family is as a whole that is not the ideal choice. The in-game representation of the FREMM, the French Aquitaine is quite different visually from Constellation and Carlo Bergamini.
In terms of stats the difference between Carlo Bergamini and Aquitaine would also be somewhat noticeable. From what I remember Aquitaine has 16 Sylver VLS cells while Carlo Bergamini has 4x2 deck canisters for anti-ship missiles. The Italian ship though has both a 127mm cannon as well as a 76mm OTO Melare. Aquitaine only has the 76mm. Also the Italian ship is something like 600 tonnes heavier.
That is to say I could see the existing FREMM design (representing the French Aquitaine) being split into both an Aquitaine and Carlo Bergamini.

All this said I do have plans for more FREMM family vessels. I have an Aquitaine mesh for one. This model is actually quite a bit older than the above Constellation. I think I started in in 2019 or 2020.
It is not even UV mapped so it is not like it is very far along. I also plan on making a Carlo Bergamini but that model is not even this far.

I cannot say when I will get around to making say a Type 82. Time is a bit limited right now and warships does take time. I do like the visuals of the Type 82 though so that is a plus.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Also expect the MiG-29 before a Type 42 or Type 82. Again no timeframe but that model is partially done.
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

Nerei wrote: Feb 26 2022 Also expect the MiG-29 before a Type 42 or Type 82. Again no timeframe but that model is partially done.
MiG-29 is another we are really short of in-game so no complaints from me
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

A number of different models I have put a bit of work into recently. Some like the AMX-30 would not exactly qualify as "new" being more than 3 years old but I still think it falls into the "acceptable" category and as such I will probably get around to finishing it at some point.
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

Great to see the MiG looking almost finished the technical also, not sure what the next 3 in the middle are but they look good :D
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

The MiG-29 mostly need polishing and regional variants. The Cheetah needs markings and the engine interior done. The Buccaneer only has the wings and tail detailing done.

The technical is just as much intended as a template for making other improvised fighting vehicles. Other variants could be ZPU-4 or ZSU-23-2 support/AA variant or M-40 recoilless rifle AT variant.
More crazy would be fitting something like an UB-16 57mm rocket pod, BM-21 GRAD style rocket tubes. Insane variants would be fitting a CN90F1 90mm or ZiS-3 76mm cannon.
There is also the classic BMP-1 turret like on the HMMWV.
For the record yes all the above has been done.
Probably not good for the suspension...

As for the middle 3 vehicles they are a South African Ratel 90, Soviet BTR-60PB (middle 1960's variant) and an Israeli Namer. The Namer still needs a lot of work

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”