3D modelling

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Nerei
General
Human: Yes

Re: 3D modelling

Post by Nerei »

Well as said it is a long term goal. I would be surprised if it was even halfway done by December.
That said a few of them have already had a bit of work done. The Type 056 and 071 are UV mapped and the Type 052D and 051C are partly modelled.

Really I have enough plans for models to last several years still. Also no Galactic Ruler will not affect this. I am not that much into scifi 4X games and do not plan to mod it.

Currently looking at the Type 051C. Also speaking of warships I have mostly UV mapped the Type 23 and added a bit to the texture of the Mashu.
milivoje02
Colonel

Post by milivoje02 »

Nerei wrote: Feb 20 2020
YaYo7 wrote: Feb 20 2020 Nerei, are there any Chinese destroyers in your plans- Type 051B Luhai-class, Type 052 Luhu-class and Type 051C Luzhou class? And Frigate Type 054 Jiangkai I?
I do have a Type 054 frigate. Technically based mostly on the Type 054A but it will probably cover the Type 054 also.

With regards to PLAN vessels I ultimately want to make just about everything. If I ever get there is naturally another question entirely but I do plan on working towards it.
Currently my plans are something like this though nothing are set yet. It is mostly written from memory so it is probably not entirely accurate.

Type 003 aircraft carrier
Type 054D DDG
Type 056 Corvette
Type 071 LPD
Type 075 LHD
Type 051C DDG
Type 051 DD
Type 052 DDG
Type 053 corvette (both a Jianghu and Jiangwei)
A variant of the Type 037 missile boats.
Type 022 missile boat.
Some variant(s) of the Type 900 range of replenishment ships (this will largely depend on what vessels I can find good reference for).
Some variant of Type 072-074 landing ships (again references will dictate what I will end up making).
milivoje02 wrote: Feb 19 2020 Nice work :-) I wonder have you ever tried to make a F 14 tomcate? it's a beautiful plane...
Does it count that I have an incomplete model? It is not very far along. For texturing it only have basic rendered shading. It is also somewhat old meaning it probably need a bit of work other than the obviously missing texturing.
I actually originally started on it after finding a beat up F-14 model kit in a thrift store. A surprising number of models started their life as something I found like that.
Plans are US (U) and Iranian (Z).
Of course it counts... I m glad to see when people do what they love.
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

Nerei wrote: Feb 21 2020 Well as said it is a long term goal. I would be surprised if it was even halfway done by December.
That said a few of them have already had a bit of work done. The Type 056 and 071 are UV mapped and the Type 052D and 051C are partly modelled.

Really I have enough plans for models to last several years still. Also no Galactic Ruler will not affect this. I am not that much into scifi 4X games and do not plan to mod it.

Currently looking at the Type 051C. Also speaking of warships I have mostly UV mapped the Type 23 and added a bit to the texture of the Mashu.
no, I'll buy Galactic Ruler but I doubt I'll even get to 100 hours

Type 071 LPD and Mashu are both interesting think they are very unlike any designs we already have especially Mashu

type 23 you say? 8) :D
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

My problem with 4x space games is that I tend to find them bland. Every race be they avian, deep sea anglerfish or even gas giant dwellers (as stupid as those are) tend to basically be identical and there is only so much different in starting conditions.

With regards to Galactic Ruler in particular I fear the AI will have issues. Navy and development AI is not the series strong point but it being decent is basically mandatory for 4X space.

Anyway yes the Type 23 or Duke is mostly UV mapped. That is not to say it is anywhere near done as the texturing is the main part of making these models but it is getting there. The Type 051C is fully UV mapped.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

My collection of unreleased PLAN vessels. It only includes vessels that are at least partially textured.
From left to right
Kuznetsov/Type 001 aircraft carrier Liaoning
Type 071 Landing Platform Dock Kunlun Shan
Project 956 Sovremmeny class destroyer Hangzhou
Type 051C class destroyer Shenyang
Type 056 Corvette Xinyang

Liaoning and Hangzhou are mainly here as I forgot them last time I converted models.
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

oh yeah looking good that type 071 looks great :D
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Note: This is not a new release but simply a everything already released in a single archive. There is nothing new so no need to download anything if you already have the latest version.

Going forward I plan on changing how I release files a bit. From an end-user perspective what it will really change is just that I will be using the releases tab (link).

The idea being that the latest release will contain everything not in the core game. If anything is added they will be stripped from the latest release so it does not contain anything already found in the game. The exception being if say I end up updating something.
I plan on keeping the older releases up so the files will always be available and I will also try and keep everything available in the file overview if anyone wants to download everything in one package.

This should make it easier to get everything relevant without getting duplicates but still keep everything relevant including older versions of updated files.
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

That's handy because when doing a new install there always ended up being something missing
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Finally getting around to finishing another one of the actually quite numerous world war 2 vehicles I have left in sort of limbo. Nationality should be very hard to guess ^_-

Camouflage is fairly south east asiatic or Chinese theatre. In reality all vehicles where retained for home island defence so they would not be painted like that but I thought I would stick with the same pattern as I used for the Type 97 Chi-Ha and Chi-Ha Shinhoto

I hope to have the next set of models ready sometime this week so mostly it is finishing models right now. Also there is a few updates to older models.

Given the number of models in the last collection I might do both a full package and a patch to keep updating simpler.
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

Great stuff looking forward to the next release as ever
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Still pushing for a release sometime this week although it is far more likely to be Sunday than Friday.

These are the models I am more or less certain will make it. Barring any issues I find with them they are ready for conversion:

PLAN Hangzhou
PLAN Liaoning
E-50 Standardpanzer
Type 3 Chi-Nu
Gloster Meteor Mk. 4.
IDF Sho't Kal (upgunned Centurion with Continental 1790 engine)
Soko G4 Super Galeb
Soko J22 Orao/Avioane Craiova IAR 93
Antonov An-2
Hawker Siddeley Nimrod MR.2

The Grumman F-14A and Flight I Arleigh Burke might also make it depending on how long it takes to finish them. The PLAN Type 071 and JMSDF Mashu are unlikely but would be priorities assuming the others are done fast enough.
Most other PLAN vessels need too much work to feasibly expect to be ready this time as does the Chieftain.

Yes this is sort of putting an artificial limitation on how long I have but if I do not do that I will basically keep delaying.
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

nimrod is an unexpected addition but a very welcome one
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Why is it unexpected? I I posted a render of it back in December with region group M textures mostly done.

Also here is the F-14 with most detailing done. regional textures are still missing but at least getting the default one done should not be too hard. It took somewhat longer to get here than I had hoped so anything beyond Arleigh Burke at this point is extremely unlikely.
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

You forgot to link 'Danger Zone' to go with this Tomcat. Here is the link to fix this. :)
milivoje02
Colonel

Post by milivoje02 »

And Tom Cruise? : :lol: :lol:

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”